Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Saturday 1st May

League

Falmouth Town Reserves P-P Newquay Reserves

Illogan RBL (Simon Ellis, Andy Cowper, Phil Willey) 3-0 Troon

Att - 65

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Rob Wearne 2, Stephan Churcher 2, Jason Roberts 2, Matthew Potts, Dan Henderson) 8-1 Porthleven Reserves (Gavin Perrington)

Att - 47

Perranwell (Tom Phillips) 1-0 Mullion

Att - 45

RNAS Culdrose (Luke Elston 3, Stephen Hughes 3, Dan Flemming, Dave Devlin, Jamie Thirkle, Mike Umney) 10-1 Portreath (Duane Britton)

Att - 10

St Agnes 0-1 St Day (Bryan Hawke)

Att - 40

St Ives Town (Chris Lock) 1-4 Helston Athletic (Neil Southall 2, Reg Pearson, Adam Wenn)

Att - 30

Wendron CC United (Tom Langford) 1-0 St Just

Att - 10

Latest Table

http://www.comboleaguearchive.atbhost.net/2009%20table.htm

Rob, Is it any wonder some of the St. Just players may have been angry?? Your goalie was the busiest player on the pitch all day and his sportsmanship was shocking. On top of that once Wendron had scored their goal early in the first half they spent the rest of the game wasting as much time as they could, killing what may have been a good game. This aside, Wendron had some good young players with experienced heads. Good luck to them and the club for the remainder of the season.

Rob, Is it any wonder some of the St. Just players may have been angry?? Your goalie was the busiest player on the pitch all day and his sportsmanship was shocking. On top of that once Wendron had scored their goal early in the first half they spent the rest of the game wasting as much time as they could, killing what may have been a good game. This aside, Wendron had some good young players with experienced heads. Good luck to them and the club for the remainder of the season.

HAHAHA! Well it is a forum, so I guess u get different opinions!

Mullion unlucky not to get a point, dominating first half missing 2 or 3 good chances. But perrenwell came out 2nd half and applied most of the pressure to be fair getting the goal about 20 mins from time with a good strike from the edge of the area. Attendance about 25

I would say you had a few chances but our keeper has played another blinder for us!! And in the second half we just edged it!!

Not a good game to watch but as too many games ,injurys and players unavailable for whatever reason it's a bonus to get a team together!!

Thought the ref did a good job today ! made a couple of mistakes but nothing that upset the game really ! Shame he never came in the club after! :drink:

Sportsmanship? Stamping on a player on the floor and headbutting somebody aside I guess?

Busy? I didn't stop a shot. That little White frame is the target.

Me winding your players up wound them up, they were more bothered by aiming at me themselves rather than pass, clean sheet, job done. Should get so wound up, you lot banter, I banter back! should learn to control tempers....

P.s. Seems though were naming and shaming, you pushing me into the post wasn't exactly sporting seems though you had nothing to do with the situation, still kept the ball away from you though.

;)

Sportsmanship? Stamping on a player on the floor and headbutting somebody aside I guess?

Busy? I didn't stop a shot. That little White frame is the target.

Me winding your players up wound them up, they were more bothered by aiming at me themselves rather than pass, clean sheet, job done. Should get so wound up, you lot banter, I banter back! should learn to control tempers....

P.s. Seems though were naming and shaming, you pushing me into the post wasn't exactly sporting seems though you had nothing to do with the situation, still kept the ball away from you though.

;)

I can't remember anyone stamping or headbutting, surely that is a sending off offence and I can't recall any red cards?

Fair enough and good point, we didn't score past you today, but you were the busiest player on the pitch and must have done more running than all of your midfield combined collecting the numerous chances we did miss. Most of which seem to take an eternity for you to get despite having half a dozen balls on the sideline. Although, I am pleased for you that you have kept a clean sheet today. I'm sure, at the end of the season, you will still collect your bronze medal for a prize all keepers aspire to: Goals Conceded.

Banter is a good part of football and i've been around long enough to give some and receive some. Your constant "winding up" and in my opinion Goading of players when their chances were missed was not very sporting. Like I said, when I was responding to the original post, it is no wonder some St. Just Players may have been angry. I was pretty fed up with the way you conducted yourself and the constant time wasting.

P.s. Good luck to Wendron for the remainder of the season, welcoming club with great facilities and set up.

ILLOGAN RBL FC 3 TROON FC 0

SIMON ELLIS

ANDY COWPER

PHIL WILLEY

ATT 60-70

I heard that Andy Cowper is off to Sydney,Australia soon.Any truth in this?

andy cowper is of to oz ,he had a leaving party last night at the penventon hotel ,both illogan rbl fc and four lanes fc were well represented.good luck to andy.we hope you have a great time.

ILLOGAN RBL FC 3 TROON FC 0

SIMON ELLIS

ANDY COWPER

PHIL WILLEY

ATT 60-70

I heard that Andy Cowper is off to Sydney,Australia soon.Any truth in this?

Yep this week.

Don't know Andy but if he is staying in Sydney and want's to get involved in football. I am playing at a cracking club on Sydney's Northern Beaches called Avalon FC. Bit older than him so playing in the over 35's, but the clubs top team is a pretty good standard. You couldn't ask to play in a more beautiful place, pitch is basically next to the road into Palm Beach. Loads of English lads up here playing, so plenty of chances to meet guys for work etc.

And of course you look nothing alike! lol

shouldnt really matter tho... he didnt know it was me he just did 50\50 and got it wrong.. :SM_carton:

damn media :angry2:

:drink::lol::c:

Who fed the information to the media in the first place?

Just ask Doug ! as he put in his report last week that we were Porthleven in the report lol

Well taken goal by Tom yesterday,could of been 2-0 if Sam stayed on,because when one twin scores the other one does as well. Even had me confused yesterday ,they wore different numbers?

we were 4 and 8 yesturday.. i think for next season we might try and keep the same number all year round. :c:

Well taken goal by Tom yesterday,could of been 2-0 if Sam stayed on,because when one twin scores the other one does as well. Even had me confused yesterday ,they wore different numbers?

cheers! yeh usually 17 and 15/16 but saw 4 and 8 which is are the number we had on the back of our very 1st everton shirt! :clapper: :clapper:

ha brilliant! i honestly don't know what our keeper did wrong?

anyway in response to the game and its happenings (Wendron v St Just); thought it was a well fought game and the Wendron deserved the win, not sure how it looked from the sidelines but on the pitch I felt we deserved the win. In fairness St Just probably had a decent penalty shout turned down and scrapped our post, but I don't remember our keeps making a save. However, we too had several very good chances to add to our score.

In the first 20mins thought we sank down to st just's level and were whinging about everything, but we soon settled down and I thought that we handled St Just's persistant whinging and moaning at us and the ref well.

I thought the ref, given the immense pressure most of the st just players put on him, handled the game very well. he added on sufficient 'inury time' and didnt do much wrong at all. however, the persistant abuse and questionning he got off the tinners was at times embarassing and needless - we complain that there arent enough refs about but can you honestly blame them if they get treated like this?not saying we were completely innocent ourselves, but let the man do his job and get on with yours!

as for us timewasting, i believe that you were the ones that consistently smashed the ball into the field below, meaning our keeper had to chase after the ball. in future perhaps you could chase the ball that you kicked if you feel this would speed up time? the ref stopped the watch so no real time was lost through your lack of accuracy.

the stamp in the back was clear to everyone; i can honestly say the stud marks that are currently on my back weren't there before kick off!

however, the game did leave me in a good mood, and not just because of the result!several of the st just team have a great sense of humour, well they made me laugh at least! some quotes include...

"he's laughing ref! arent you going to do anything about that?" Apparently we are not allowed to have fun anymore?

"your going to get it now!" What we were meant to recieve after going 1-0 up wasn't quite clear?

"you...you... >long pause whilst thinking of appropriate insult< ... you old man!" I'll remember that one to use myself!

Anyway, best of luck for the remainder of the season, I am sure the game at your place will be a well contested event, i am afraid I wont be making an appearence as I am away.

All the best

ha brilliant! i honestly don't know what our keeper did wrong?

anyway in response to the game and its happenings (Wendron v St Just); thought it was a well fought game and the Wendron deserved the win, not sure how it looked from the sidelines but on the pitch I felt we deserved the win. In fairness St Just probably had a decent penalty shout turned down and scrapped our post, but I don't remember our keeps making a save. However, we too had several very good chances to add to our score.

In the first 20mins thought we sank down to st just's level and were whinging about everything, but we soon settled down and I thought that we handled St Just's persistant whinging and moaning at us and the ref well.

I thought the ref, given the immense pressure most of the st just players put on him, handled the game very well. he added on sufficient 'inury time' and didnt do much wrong at all. however, the persistant abuse and questionning he got off the tinners was at times embarassing and needless - we complain that there arent enough refs about but can you honestly blame them if they get treated like this?not saying we were completely innocent ourselves, but let the man do his job and get on with yours!

as for us timewasting, i believe that you were the ones that consistently smashed the ball into the field below, meaning our keeper had to chase after the ball. in future perhaps you could chase the ball that you kicked if you feel this would speed up time? the ref stopped the watch so no real time was lost through your lack of accuracy.

the stamp in the back was clear to everyone; i can honestly say the stud marks that are currently on my back weren't there before kick off!

however, the game did leave me in a good mood, and not just because of the result!several of the st just team have a great sense of humour, well they made me laugh at least! some quotes include...

"he's laughing ref! arent you going to do anything about that?" Apparently we are not allowed to have fun anymore?

"your going to get it now!" What we were meant to recieve after going 1-0 up wasn't quite clear?

"you...you... >long pause whilst thinking of appropriate insult< ... you old man!" I'll remember that one to use myself!

Anyway, best of luck for the remainder of the season, I am sure the game at your place will be a well contested event, i am afraid I wont be making an appearence as I am away.

All the best

quotes = genius

Wendron keeper did nothing wrong whatsoever apart from laugh off the bullying tactics some of the St Just players tried and failed. same old story St just if not winning will moan and kick and try to bully a result and as we all know when your winning and your under the cosh you play for time so stop moaning st just and get on with it and once again well done wendron keeper and the rest of the team

If you could remove the ordure-timted spectacles that contribute to your prejudiced vision of a club featuring gentlemen of the game like Jon Bird, Tom Mannering and Scott Palmer, you would realise that the behaviour of the Wendron keeper, to individuals on and off the field, which could have led to a death, was utterly irresponsible. As far as the 1-0 goes, warmest congratulations to Wendron on finding a few late-season Truro imports to ensure a bit of clear water above Ludgvan and Portreath. The Tinners would be the first to recognise that losing 1-0 when taking about 25 inaccurate shots to the opposition's one is the way the game sometimes goes;and blame only their own disappointing shooting on the day.

i find it amusing you accuse our keeper of winding players up when that is part of the game, your players were playing that game too. i also find it funny that you of all people are accusig others of winding up.

please let us enjoy our victory.

i suggest you stop eating so many lemons, you are sounding rather bitter.

Sorry, Patch: yes, I meant Adam. It's been a long day.

The only lemon, in my opinion,is this Twitkinson geezer at your club,Josh. All he needed was a clipboatd and a moustache ,then he could audition for "On The Buses."

Yeah, enjoy your victory. You've waited long enough for one and it'll teach our boys to avoid complacency against the bottom clubs. :clapper:

i find it amusing you accuse our keeper of winding players up when that is part of the game, your players were playing that game too. i also find it funny that you of all people are accusig others of winding up.

please let us enjoy our victory.

i suggest you stop eating so many lemons, you are sounding rather bitter.

What you "look like" doesn't matter too much, Jasa: we'll all push daisies similarly. I think you'll be a lot quieter next week.

Mr Beer:- I think Jasa could be quieter next week if you learn to behave 'yourself', what has happened to your abusive thread about being blocked in at Wendron? have YOU deleted it? (after it was mentioned that you did not respond to the accusation that on three occasions you ranted and raved at your 86 year old frail mother for getting out of the car). amongst those deleted reports it was suggested by many that any danger to your mother were due to the actions you took to the detriment of others enjoyment.

hi Wendron keeper,

Looking forward to your return game at Lafrowda Park. There'll be a special reception just for you. Friendly advice: try not to take it out of any 86 year olds on sticks down there unless you want a tour of mineshafts. :smiley20::SM_carton:

Isaac:- If I were Jasa I would take your posting as a personal THREAT, something I am sure the CCFA would take a dim view of.

Mountaineer, you are 74 and I am 50, so it is hardly likely that any of us will threaten young, presumably fit people. Moreover, since I am in Gloucestershire anyway, I can hardly harm anyone in Wendron, even it were my intention, which it is not. You are old enough to know better than to hijack a football website with lies about my relatyionship with my mother. When your mental and physical frailty requires 24/7 supervision, I hope there will be no ignorant bystanders making illogical and unfair judgements of you or yours. Jasa is not the only immature individual here !

hi Wendron keeper,

Looking forward to your return game at Lafrowda Park. There'll be a special reception just for you. Friendly advice: try not to take it out of any 86 year olds on sticks down there unless you want a tour of mineshafts. :smiley20::SM_carton:

Isaac:- If I were Jasa I would take your posting as a personal THREAT, something I am sure the CCFA would take a dim view of.