Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy 5 Title Run In

Overnight Division 5 leaders Charlestown Saints welcome St Mawgen Reserves to St Mewan Park this Saturday for another vital championship game for the hosts.

Their spell at the top, however, could be cut short as Tregony finish their campaign tonight away to St Newlyn East Reserves. Victory for Tregony would see them return to the top of the league, again, maybe just overnight.

If Charlestown win tomoro, they can be just one point away from being crowned champions, with 2 games remaining... with the vital "title decider" this coming Wednesday Night, 5th May, away to St Cleer Reserves who have struggled for form of late.

Last night Charlestown Saints saw off a strong Mevagissey Side - 4-1, with the away teams goals coming from Tim Osborne, Nick Mills and a Matt Danneau double.

The Saints have a severely weakened frontline from this weeks fixtures... with Matt Danneau and Iko Silva ruled out, but Andy West is set to return in an otherwise fully fit and available squad. Bad news to finish though, as midfield dynamo Andy Kerrigan is expected to miss the rest of the season with an undisclosed injury.

Guest Tonksy

Friday Result - St Newlyn East Res 0-3 Tregony

BREAKING NEWS.................

Rumours in the Cornish Press are that St Mawgan Reserves are unable to raise a team for today's vital game between themselves and Charlestown Saints. Should this be the case it would leave the Saints just 1 point away from the Duchy 5 Title.

Confirmation to follow.

Guest PUAFC Gaffer

WELL DONE JENKSY and all at Charlestown

By my calculations this is how it will finish

Charlestown 64

Tregony 56

St Cleer 55

Padstow 50

Bridgerule 45

Keep winning Jenksy

Gutted the game was off, on Saturday. I'd never want to collect 3 points in that manner. I would have accepted a replay.

Thanks to Jel at Padstow (PUAFC Gaffer) for spurring me on this season, you're a top fella and im hoping that the top 4, somehow come up with us into Divvy 4.

We still have work to do, however, as we still need a point from our remaining 2 games to be crowned champions...so believe me, no one at the club is counting any chickens, just yet.

:drink:

Gutted the game was off, on Saturday. I'd never want to collect 3 points in that manner. I would have accepted a replay.

Thanks to Jel at Padstow (PUAFC Gaffer) for spurring me on this season, you're a top fella and im hoping that the top 4, somehow come up with us into Divvy 4.

We still have work to do, however, as we still need a point from our remaining 2 games to be crowned champions...so believe me, no one at the club is counting any chickens, just yet.

:drink:

jenksy dont be nice to him,he will be telling us he has friends and everything next :P

still not happy i didnt score against u lot this season either ;)

were relying on bridgerule to drop a point for us to get 4th yet jenksy so we may not even get a sniff yet, but then u crowd have got to play them yet so fingers crossed :D

good luck next season, fingers crossed we get to be in the same league :D

Blowsy, im very suprised you didnt score too...but luckily when you guys came to our place, our Captain, Mr. Paul "Penalty Giver" Stockley returned to his best form and didnt dive/rash challenge/destroy/bend over one of your players!!

I will make sure we do our very best to take all 3 points against Bridgerule, as i look forward to continuing our rivalry!!

:smiley20:

well in all fairness jenksy i did actually score,was just disallowed for a VERY close offside decision, im sure i angled my run to perfection (but then again i am blind as a bat), lol, got everything crossed for ya beating bridgerule,think they still got st cleer to play too :D

Guest PUAFC Gaffer

well in all fairness jenksy i did actually score,was just disallowed for a VERY close offside decision, im sure i angled my run to perfection (but then again i am blind as a bat), lol, got everything crossed for ya beating bridgerule,think they still got st cleer to play too :D

Blowsy how many times have i told you about repeating your fantasies without talking to me first.lets get this straight,just so people know, ive told you a million time not to exagerate. you were nearly on the next pitch when you made your run! and running straight is not an angled run. Sorry Jenksy I have trouble controlling Blowsy since he got his computer. It allows him to act out his fantasies, in more ways that one, if you know what I mean. We were gonna show some support :yahoo: for ou on sat, but weve got a quarter final game against Launceston. Good luck mate!

Congratualtions to Ian and Nigel at Charlestown after a successful first season in Duchy Football from all at St Dennis AFC

Thanks Johnnie, much appreciated...but the hard work continues... 2 more games left to play and only a 3 week "off season" before we hit the training field hard and start recruiting once again.

Blowsy how many times have i told you about repeating your fantasies without talking to me first.lets get this straight,just so people know, ive told you a million time not to exagerate. you were nearly on the next pitch when you made your run! and running straight is not an angled run. Sorry Jenksy I have trouble controlling Blowsy since he got his computer. It allows him to act out his fantasies, in more ways that one, if you know what I mean. We were gonna show some support :yahoo: for ou on sat, but weve got a quarter final game against Launceston. Good luck mate!

gaffer,i was nearly on the next pitch,agreed,because the ball wasnt released quick enough due to my lightning speed,(quick enough to make usain bolt jealous, so i heard) lol