Cornwall Football Forum

AFC ST AUSTELL PROMOTED- CONFIRMED

It is confirmed AFC St Austell recieved the call from swpl secretary Phil Hiscox yesterday and confirmed that the club will be in the Premier next season.

Congratulations to all for the hard work.

Back where we belong yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa.

As stated before this is where the really hard work starts but we have a commited squad and a great team spirit add to this some exciting names looking to join the lillywhites next year then we are in for a great first season in the swpl prem.

Looking forward most to the original Boxing Day fixture against our great friends St Blazey, (sorry Foxhole but I am sure a pre season friendly will be all you will see of us for a while.)

Regards

Money Man

Well done to Andy Dingle and all of his players on a magnificent achievement in gaining promotion from all at Newquay. If Andy can keep all of his squad together and perhaps add one or two more then I see no reason why they should not do very well in the higher league. Perhaps as you have now achieved your main objective this season, you may let Newquay win the Charity Cup Final. Good luck next season.

Well - that puts the cat amongst the pigeons. Not (apparently) what the St.A committee were told at their meeting yesterday. Has someone from the league spoken too soon? Has the cat been let out of the bag (if it's not in with the pigeons)?

Celebrations on hold!!

I was at the committee meeting last night and apparently it had been confirmed by Phil Hiscox that we had been promoted! We'll just have to wait and see and hopefully finish the season with a victory at Dobwalls tomorrow. Reading between the lines, I can't honestly see Perranporth being promoted, even if they finish as Champions. Curiouser and curiouser! :huh: :unsure:

don't know if this helps anybody on the matter from the swp website

http://www.swpleague.co.uk/Reports_%26_News

Oh Thanks Ric Flair... i mean Steven, thats a great help. WOOOOOO!!!!

Congrats to everyone at St Austell AFC, its very much deserved and a credit to the hard work by those of you who actually put the hard work in.

Shame you won't be playing Foxhole any more money man. We have a decent record against you, played 6 won 3 drawn 1 lost 2

Dave results dont lie but 2 of those wins were against AFC st austell in the Andy Ball Days. But yes will miss playing you and the Banter you will be ok next year with Wettsy Glyn and Burty as managers. I think we may lose one player to you.

Same club 3 different managers, results count against St Austell not the person in charge. Will this be the first season St Austell complete their fixtures?

hahahaha those were the days Dave all seems good now though with our commitee, management and Players.

We will try and organise a friendly with Foxhole for the next few seasons. Yet our reserves will be in your league in a few years

It's a little bit silly posting something on here which looks like an official statement when in fact it is only a rumour. I'm sure Money Man has learnt his lesson.

However, reading between the lines it does look like St Austell will come up. I think many at the start of the season predicted Newquay or even Perranporth, so this is a great achievement.

Things clearly are moving along at Poltair Park and with both St Austell and St Blazey potentially challenging for honours in next season's SWPL, it should be a cracker!

Dan with the greatest of respects, may I say I admire your positive nature, but how on earth can you say that either team could potentially challenge for honours.

Do you know either teams squad for next season and how much money will be available, who will stay and who will be considered surplus to requirements?

Tradition counts for little at present. But who knows what the future brings?

NSNO

Dan with the greatest of respects, may I say I admire your positive nature, but how on earth can you say that either team could potentially challenge for honours.

Do you know either teams squad for next season and how much money will be available, who will stay and who will be considered surplus to requirements?

Tradition counts for little at present. But who knows what the future brings?

NSNO

Come on, "could potentially" allows quite a bit of room for doubt!

Of course I don't know any of those things, but with both those clubs heading in the right direction, I predict them to be right up there - greens above whites of course though.

Is it still possible, that the SWPL may decide, that with the loss of Millbrook and Wendron, only the Champions (if they pass the ground grading) can go up this season ?

Until St Austell get the ground in order, an 80 seater stand from what I'm told, the pitch realigned and a clubhouse on site, perhaps off the pitch, they are not ready to join the elite.

Well done to the players this season, how many will retain their places when the boss brings in expensive new faces ? Loyalty costs nothing, but promotion might.

Is it still possible, that the SWPL may decide, that with the loss of Millbrook and Wendron, only the Champions (if they pass the ground grading) can go up this season ?

Until St Austell get the ground in order, an 80 seater stand from what I'm told, the pitch realigned and a clubhouse on site, perhaps off the pitch, they are not ready to join the elite.

Well done to the players this season, how many will retain their places when the boss brings in expensive new faces ? Loyalty costs nothing, but promotion might.

The issues of Millbrook & Wendron surely have no influence on the promotion to the Premier Division. Only one club will be promoted from each Division One group, almost certainly AFC St Austell and Royal Marines

--

Richard

Nemesis, have you been to Perranporth? Have they got plans for an 80 seater stand? The last time I went to Poltair Park, I could have sworn that we had a stand capable of seating more than 80. I haven't consulted the handbook but I didn't think you needed to have a clubhouse on site in the Premier Division. Maybe DanBlazey could enlighten me as to whether every club in the Premier Division has a clubhouse on site? We could still end the season as champions depending on how Perranporth's remaining games go. Are Perranporth going to enclose the ground to avoid balls going out onto the rugby pitch and disrupting their games?