Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Premier champions or not?

Can anyone help me please regarding the top of the Premier Division.

Are Gunnislake after Saturday's win against Torpoint the new champions or not?

The official website and indeed last Sunday's paper suggested the following:-"Gunnislake overcame the biggest hurdle to a first ever Duchy Premier Division title with a combative 3-2 victory over Torpoint." However the top of the League, including Saturday's April 24th games was:-

ST.TEATH 20 17 1 2 95 15 52

*GUNNISLAKE 18 14 3 1 62 16 47

I'm confused and so please can someone clear this up for me? :(

Mr Deacon,

I clicked on "Home" top left hand corner of "Massey's Mutterings" and got thefa.com page showing what I believe to be all the Cornish leagues, looking at the Duchy Premier league table Torpoint Athletic were the hardest threat to Gunnislake because of their 3rd place league position, I think the report you refer not too clearly referred to their hardest opponents in their quest for their 1st championship.

Gunnislake have 4 fixtures to play

1 May - Home St Dominic

4 May - Away Looe Town

8 May - Home St Mawgan

15May - Home Saltash United

St Teath have 2 fixtures to play

1 May - Away St Mawgan

8 May - Home Looe Town

It has taken a long time for me to find the link to all the league tables through your excellent website but this link has to be the best yet for those interested in Cornish football at all levels. Thanks for the link.

overcame the biggest hurdle

Ah yes, I really must read what I see! Of course, thanks for that Mountaineer.

Thanks for mentioning the link, for anyone interested, its the home page of the CORNISH SOCCER website

However, it looks as if this link was jumping the gun!

Spot on Mountaineer. We got the 4 hardest hurdles yet to face. Bit embarrassing for us and a bit like the kiss of death. <_<

overcame the biggest hurdle

Ah yes, I really must read what I see! Of course, thanks for that Mountaineer.

Thanks for mentioning the link, for anyone interested, its the home page of the CORNISH SOCCER website

However, it looks as if this link was jumping the gun!

Spot on Mountaineer. We got the 4 hardest hurdles yet to face. Bit embarrassing for us and a bit like the kiss of death. <_<

Cornish Guardian this week has a big headline saying Gunni crowned league champs...a bit premature !

Any news on a ground if you win it to go up? I heard tideford was a possible home pitch for you guys? Didn't think gunni had a chance at the start with both st teath and torpoint looking strong, but would like to see gunni nick it. How many will come up from the duchy prem? 2? Or is the champins and then the league select teams who apply again?

Think Gunni still got to win all their games to go top?

With cup matches in between, could they slip up?

04/05/10 Ko 18:45 Looe Town v Gunnislake

08/05/10 Ko 14:30 Gunnislake v St Mawgan

15/05/10 Ko 11:00 Gunnislake v Saltash United

The Looe games has been postponed as we have the KO cup semi final on tuesday instead! so not sure when that will be re schelduled for!

ST.TEATH 21 18 1 2 103 15 55 +88

*GUNNISLAKE 19 15 3 1 65 17 50 +48

THAT IS THE TOP TWO TEAMS AT THE MOMENT.

If both clubs win their remaining games St Teath will finish on 58 and Gunnislake on 59 but looking at their points total from games won they should only be on 57 points so somehow have been awarded 2 extra points from their league.

Isn't this a bit unfair on St Teath who would really win the league on wins/draws.

Any news on a ground if you win it to go up?

A ground for who?

Gunnislake. I thought they were looking for a new pitch to help them get up if they win the league. werent they having problems with theirs due to games always being called off?

Any news on a ground if you win it to go up?

A ground for who?

Gunnislake. I thought they were looking for a new pitch to help them get up if they win the league. werent they having problems with theirs due to games always being called off?

We have got a choice of 3 pitches for next season should we win the league, the club has been working very hard behind the scenes to ensure we have the facilities for east cornwall football

Yep!!

I don't want Garf ranting in my ear!!! I had that years ago when played for him, of course it was a pleasurable experience :thumbsup::drink:

Stewart i believe 1 of those statements and its not the 2nd one!! haha :thumbsup:

I have made you the men you are, actually i will retract that statement knowing you two ha ha. For soaking me to-night young Tom your card is certainly marked my son. :unsure: