Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results Thurs 29/04/2010

Terry Jennings

Semi Final

Hayle 1 - 3 Pendeen Rovers Reserves :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cracking Cup game, thought by both sides in the end it was Pendeen who came out on top and i may be a weeny bit biased but they were the better side and thouroughly deserved our place in the final. A couple of handbag moments but ref was mostly in control of the game. Hayle put out a good side and credit where credit is due thet fought hard in the first half and never gave up to the end.

many thanks to Marazion blues for there fantastic hospitality.

29/04/2010

FHFL 2

Wendron 0 Carharrack 2

The Red Army marches on in FHFL 2 with one hell of a battle away to Wendron. Carharrack kept up their reputation of scoring quick goals when Martin Murphy smashed the ball from 18 yards out to take the lead after 8 minutes. Both sides had their chances in the first half but could not convert the ball past the line. The second was a one way affair with Wendron attacking time after time. Carharrack looking to stop the assault pushed the ball out to the wings and a superb save by the Wendron keeper kept striker Liam Bray from adding from his tally in side the six yard box. However, on the 73rd, Carharrack winger Miller went through on goal and was brought down inside the box. The referee Ian Pattison had no choice but to award a penalty. Liam Bray ran up to the spot and placed the ball into the back of the net for the winner.

Ref Watch: Ian Pattison. Anyone that has Ian as their man in the middle will know he no noncense and allows the game to flow. Up there as one of, if not the best referee in West Cornwall.

How Wendron are down the bottom of the league I don't know because they had Carharrack fighting for every ball last night. In the end it came down to finishing. I would just like to single out praise to the Wendron linesman, I'm sure his team aren't happy with it but although a obvious penalty to the referee he was the first to signal a penalty. I think that is the first time I have ever seen a clublinesman make such a decision.