Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL DIv 1 result - race for 2nd spot

Guest edgcumbetillidie

Guest edgcumbetillidie

In the race for second place, result for tonight.

Edgcumbe 4 - 2 St Stephens Boro

GREAT RESULT

Edgcumbe welcomed back Brett Shannon and his throws caused absoloute havoc for Edgcumbes first two goals, scored by Macca Arnold and Danny Medlin. Edgcumbes 3rd was carbon copy of Paul Robinson against Croatia. Refs gave two controversial penalties to Boro, which i wont go into as it is as broad as it is long, although Boros striker had a nasty landing on his head for the first pen and had to go off. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

2nd half was a great advert for the ECPL, end to end but Edgcumbe got the break when Jake Foster tucked in to make it 4-2.

Great game to watch, although wish St Stephens were a bit more gracious in defeat, refusing to shake hands etc.

Never the less, its game on for 2nd spot now!

Massive result for us tonight, a great battling performance. Refs decisons coulda gone either way on the pens but did think they were very harsh especially the handball. It dont matter now obviously but I think at 3-0 we woulda gone on and scored a few more.

Boro have all the points in the bag though so they gotta be favourites still, i think we have to win every game which is a big ask but after tonight we are buzzing and I wouldnt bet against us now. Great to have Shannon back, we've missed him since he's been out.

Guest Skippy8

Great result for Edgcumbe tonight and I enjoyed my half hour at the end but just a little disappointed with there number 8 refusing to shake my hand at the whistle!! I would probably put it down to beig a young lad but to be honest it's just bad sportsmanship!! I must of upset him by having an old man neutralising his game!!!

The rest of the Boro boys were good as gold.

This leaves an interesting finish to the season.

funny you should say that skippy. I watched the game as a neutral last night (very good game to watch) and I heard the number 8 for St Stevens Borough say some disgusting things towards the referee towards the end of the game such as 'i hope you die' and 'your life isnt worht living'.

Must say thought the pens were correct, even though the keeper caught the ball he clattered the player.

Great result for Edgcumbe tonight and I enjoyed my half hour at the end but just a little disappointed with there number 8 refusing to shake my hand at the whistle!! I would probably put it down to beig a young lad but to be honest it's just bad sportsmanship!! I must of upset him by having an old man neutralising his game!!!

The rest of the Boro boys were good as gold.

This leaves an interesting finish to the season.

Were Edgcumbe struggling for a team ha ha. You didn't neutralise him you neutered him when you swung at the ball and happened to catch his nether regions. Time to go Spec Savers bud. :wacko:

I would do playing for you lot with that long ball you play!!!! No wonder your centre midfielders had sore necks after the game!!!!

I thought both teams played some gd football at times, surely if we did play the long ball u lot should b able 2 deal with it quite easily considering the height advantage you have over us!!!

Good luck 2 edgcumbe for the rest of the season hope u finish 2nd!!

Does St Stephens Boroughs victory last night seal their promotion or can St Blazey/Edgcumbe still overtake them if they win their games in hand?

By my reckoning Borough cannot be caught now

Boro are guaranteed at least third, and the only way team that can catch them are edgecumbe who MUST win their last 4 fixtures and will go second on goal difference. was looking for a slip up somewhere, but effectively edgecumbe only have 3 games to play. rumour has it millbrook will only have 1 team next season and so some of the millbrook squad in ECPL1 will join edgecumbe, undoubtedly wanting to play in premier, so if edgecumbe need to beat millbrook on the last game of the season you can bet that millbrook will roll over and concede the match. shame

Guest MAFC-rb

thats the most stupid thing ive ever heard, i doubt the Millbrook team are going to roll over and concede defeat, they won 3-1 in the league and lost the cup match so its game on to make it 2-1 in favour of the millbrook team. I hope they all turn up and have a go at it, with the SWPL team withdrawing from the league the ECPL team should have a strenghtened squad next season if some decide to stay at the club. I doubt any of them would go to edgcumbe even IF they gain promotion. Ill be there cheering on the brook in the final game of the season (could even make an appearance) good result for edgcumbe though doing the double over St Stephens borough seems millbrook lost 2-1 and 3-2 against borough

thats the most stupid thing ive ever heard, i doubt the Millbrook team are going to roll over and concede defeat, they won 3-1 in the league and lost the cup match so its game on to make it 2-1 in favour of the millbrook team. I hope they all turn up and have a go at it, with the SWPL team withdrawing from the league the ECPL team should have a strenghtened squad next season if some decide to stay at the club. I doubt any of them would go to edgcumbe even IF they gain promotion. Ill be there cheering on the brook in the final game of the season (could even make an appearance) good result for edgcumbe though doing the double over St Stephens borough seems millbrook lost 2-1 and 3-2 against borough

i really hope youre right as a competitive fixture is only fiar, also hopefully a bit of local pride at stake so millbrook should really battle hard for another good result against top teams. im only going on what an edgecumbe player told me so there must be an elimant of truth in it! either way ill be going to the game to see for myself as dont want to say anything that is undeserving

I assure you no Millbrook player is joining Edgcumbe next year.

Thanks for that guys. I saw the Edgcumbe v Borough match and the Edgcumbe game on Wednesday and think they definatley have the quality to go up, some great goals in the game on Wednesday. To be perfectly honest I dont think any of the Millbrook players are good enough to get into the Edgcumbe side?

What happens if edgcumbe do pip Borough to 2nd though. Surely they wont go up with those facilties?

Guest Skippy8

They are pitch sharing with Millbrook next year so there will be no problems with that as there facilitys are very good!!

Guest Skippy8

Fresh start next year with a well disciplined squad with a new structure at the club that will be working hard to make a good relationship with Millbrook, so enough said on the past I think!

I echo that skippy! a new start and an arrangment that suits both clubs.

However 'major privates' as the manger of the millbrook ecpl1 side I can confirm skippy is correct and you are misinformed, we are looking to pitch share but that is as far as things go I am hoping to keep the same side which I have had and built on for most of this season and will be looking to add a few players here and there aswell.

I can also state that we will be definetly looking to win the game against Edcumbe! We are currently on a run of 4 league wins on the bounce and are hoping to win are last 2 games to finish the season on a high and show all that we can be more consisitent and look to challenge next season!!We also owe them a performance after playing poorly and being comprehensively beat in the supplementary cup recently!

Well said Swiggsy, from our games v millbrook this season u guys are a good bunch of lads and I'm hoping the 2 sides can form a good relationship. To say millbrook would roll over for us is pathetic, if ur that concerned u shoulda done the business yourselves against us in the league then u wouldn't have to rely on other teams. We are buzzing at the minute and playing well, 6 key players out on weds and still did the job v a very good plymstock team and we are desperate to win promotion with st dennis, with the players we've had leave us in the past 12 months id consider it a massive achievement coming 2nd

another big player leaving in the summer im told

Whose that then? Wouldn't suprise me to see some go, but we lost arguably our 2 best players last year in mike heron and graham o niell and now we are 4 games from playin against them! and I'm pretty sure some big players will be coming in for next season as well so what happens, happens. Would like to know who u think is leaving though?

Fresh start next year with a well disciplined squad with a new structure at the club that will be working hard to make a good relationship with Millbrook, so enough said on the past I think!

Heard that you and some of your team mates are off to Edgcumbe next season bud, that true?

Guest Amazed

Going back to the bad sportsmanship you mention, I wasn't at the game so can't comment directly but i have played against both sides and I will have to say that the edgecumbe lads have a very clever way of playing to wind the opposition up. I've been on the recieving end directly and unfortunately referees don't see what you lads do. Not that I'm still bitter! Much! Lol ;-)

Seriously though, all the best for the run in!

Guest mr green

borough v edgecumbe.

to clear a few things up. yes agree a few players may not have shook hands but most did including the management, alot at stake and a fair bit of winding up during the game was going on in the game.

borough were without two of there king pins at the back for the game which showed in the air as those throws that rory delap put in caused all sorts of problems.

maybe edge keeper was lucky to stay on the pitch after mometarily knocking out striker fedricks on a one v one. escaped with a yellow and pen. (thanks go to edge left back who noticed the serious situation that could of been and hurried on both medical teams)

(fedriks missed the last game of season still injured.)

there was lot's of food back at the pub as only 2 edge players came back one of whom was drafted in to help out. yes agree not every player in any team is a good loser but borough sour grapes certainly NOT.

Edgecume have a great side who's style of play is far from Borough's but whoever reaches the Prem should do well.

Can't really see them sliping up with the sides they have left to play if they have the same team out.

roche 1-0 with injury time left, well done to boro!!!

Well done to Boro for their promotion, they deserve it. We've shown we are as good as them by beating them twice, but other defeats where we have let ourselves down have cost us massively this season. Hopefully 3 go up and we can do enough to join Boro and St Dennis.

As for the game, Roche are hard to play against and we couldnt break them down, only ourselves to blame. Another poor refereeing display though which has been the story of the season as far as im concerned, but we lost the game not him.

Guest physio

Well done to Boro for their promotion, they deserve it. We've shown we are as good as them by beating them twice, but other defeats where we have let ourselves down have cost us massively this season. Hopefully 3 go up and we can do enough to join Boro and St Dennis.

As for the game, Roche are hard to play against and we couldnt break them down, only ourselves to blame. Another poor refereeing display though which has been the story of the season as far as im concerned, but we lost the game not him.

got to agree Bigdawg the ref today was SHOCKING and he is meant to be 1 of the better ones!!!!!!!!DONT THINK SO

got to agree Bigdawg the ref today was SHOCKING and he is meant to be 1 of the better ones!!!!!!!!DONT THINK SO

Guest Amazed

And it comes back to bite you guys in the backside. Referees eh? Ha

Well done St Dennis and boro. The league table doesn't lie! Long slog and deservedly the best sides in the league!

If St Blazey win there last game they will be third, so you might have to hope that 4 go up!

Physio, after reading your comments on your match referee perhaps you will be good enough to allow us all to tap into your vast and knowledgable experience by letting us all know where and when he went wrong during the game to merit the word "shocking", this of course will help all of us referee`s to try to attain your exacting standards which surely can only be of benefit to us all.