Cornwall Football Forum

jubilee cup semi tonight 21/4/10

shock result well done west cornwall.what happened :huh:

To be fair PP i agree that 5-2 would not of been many peoples scoreline (wasnt mine) but has playing at wendron allowed West Cornwall to play what these guys are good at FOOTBALL. No disrespect to Illogan their season has been great and is not over in the league yet, there will be more twists and turns still to come. Congratulations to Dan and the lads at West Cornwall looking forward to hopefully playing nice football together in the final at Illogan. :clapper:

Having watched the game last night it was a real shame to see another Illogan side lose in a semi and the score line certainly doesn't reflect the game.

All came down to West Cornwall finishing their chances of which they had 5 and scored 5.

I missed the 1st 20 but it seemed quite even for most of that half with west cornwall still going in 3-1 up which was always going to make it difficult for the lads 2nd half and losing Adam Jewell from a late challenge didn't help either.

2nd half was basically all Illogan but they struggled to create any clear cut chances with West Cornwall Defending very well and putting anything and everything behind the ball. Illogan managed to get back to 3-2 and I think if they had got the 3rd they would have gone on to win but West cornwall managed to score a goal from a free kick which went straight in from no where probably the only time they had been in Illogans half, then with Illogan pushing they conceded another near the end which was by far the goal of the game with lovelly passing and a sweet finish.

MOM - Steve Gilbert for West Cornwall not a great deal of football from him but he was a real menance in there winning a lot in the air, also good games for Stuart peters, Barry Penfold and Ben Penberthy (who should have started!!!) for Illogan.