Cornwall Football Forum

duchy results 20th april

delabole res 1-1 boscastle res !!!! just been told this result thought i'd put on here, was told it was fairly even game with boscastle starting with all 2nd players and delabole with a few 1st teamers in but 1-1 at half time and boscastle hit bar twice in 2nd half and also brought on 2 1st teamers in 2nds half to streghten the side to see if they could snatch a win ,

Guest Jimmyruff

Lanreath 2 AFC Bodmin 3 Duchy Div 2

Bodmin deserving the three points with an energetic,hard-fought display.....

How we managed to finish the game with eleven players is beyond me.....since when is one player with hands around the opposing guys neck (who is on the ground) "six of one, half a dozen of another" :blink:

Cheers jimmyruff! Its was a really good game and one we needed to win to help avoid the drop which we should do with our games in hand, im sure u lot will be pushing for promotion too. As for that 'incident' it wasnt nice having my throat pinned to the floor but im glad the ref did'nt send him off as it would have spoiled what was a good battle!

Results for Tuesday 20th April 2010

Premier Division

Looe Town 2 - 3 Saltash United

St Dominick 0 - 6 Gunnislake

First Division

Godolphin Atlantic 1 - 1 Grampound

Probus 3 - 1 Mevagissey

Week St Mary 0 - 3 Altarnun

Second Division

Calstock 2 - 5 Bere Alston United

Lanreath 2 - 3 AFC Bodmin

Third Division

Nanpean Rovers 0 - 2 Biscovey

Fifth Division

Bridgerule 5 - 4 St Cleer Reserves

Delabole United Reserves 1 - 1 Boscastle Reserves

St Newlyn East Reserves 2 - 0 St Mawgan Reserves

A great performance from Bere Alston in the local derby last night. A well fought game that could have gone either way with Bere being 2-1 down at first, but great determination meant we dominated the second half.

I would like to wish Calstock the best of luck and hopefully both teams can gain promotion (you behind us though haha). I would like to commend Stuart and his lads hospitality during and after the game, on a pitch that has improved so much since I last saw it.

Calstock 2 - 5 Bere Alston Utd

Calstock scorers:Lavers(?), Hould.

Bere Alston Scorers: Mackintosh, Galway, Behennah, Curtis, Harvey.

Thanks Pete for those kind words and likewise would wish all success at Bere Alston...

The pitch has been worked on tirelessly by myself and several other committee members to get it the way it is and in the summer it will have new drainage in :thumbsup:

You thoroughly deserved your win last night as i could count four of my players that were truly up for this local,promotional game and you just cannot carry 5-6 other players.

How can a team not be up for a derby??? Beats me.

I hope we can turn the corner this Thursday away to St.Breward and push on again.

Well done Pete and all at Bere Alston and it would be nice to both go up and keep the derby's going.

Best Regards

Stewart Cawte

Thanks Pete for those kind words and likewise would wish all success at Bere Alston...

The pitch has been worked on tirelessly by myself and several other committee members to get it the way it is and in the summer it will have new drainage in :thumbsup:

You thoroughly deserved your win last night as i could count four of my players that were truly up for this local,promotional game and you just cannot carry 5-6 other players.

How can a team not be up for a derby??? Beats me.

I hope we can turn the corner this Thursday away to St.Breward and push on again.

Well done Pete and all at Bere Alston and it would be nice to both go up and keep the derby's going.

Best Regards

Stewart Cawte

just wondered with everyone hoping to get promotion including st.newlyn east, bere alston, calstock, lanreath n maybe penlyt. How many will get promoted???

Hi Liam,

As i am told it is top 4, unfortunatley not Looe...

Could be wrong, but that s the info i had.

cheers for that mate, looks like we all should go up then. hopefully we will win tho lol. 3 points againest lanreath will be nice on sat n c us tie up the league. Although they will have to do it without me as ive pulled the ligaments in my knee n im on crutches thanks to your pitch lol

Sorry to hear that mate :unsure:

I thought it was Ginge our keeper who landed on you :clapper:

You getting 3pts would be made most welcome by us :clapper: ( sorry Spence )

Hope that you are not out for long and no serious injury is pending.

Best regards from all at Calstock and a speedy recovery.

Just a thought...........how about playing JIGGY up front :yahoo:

nah mate wen we challenged each other my leg got stuck in the ground but my body twisted as i fell to the floor leaving my knee there.

jigg upfront u must be joking he can barely walk now let alone run. plus to be honest after seeing him at training i dont think he could score in a brothel lol

nah mate wen we challenged each other my leg got stuck in the ground but my body twisted as i fell to the floor leaving my knee there.

jigg upfront u must be joking he can barely walk now let alone run. plus to be honest after seeing him at training i dont think he could score in a brothel lol

You cheeky sod Denty! U wouldn't have lived with me in my prime as a defender (20 years ago and 5 stone lighter I would add LOL). Plus my boyish good looks guarantee I would still "score"...anyway get off posting on here and sort your knee out or Mr Cordner will romp the Div 2 top goalscorer this season bud!

Just a thought on the promotion places tho...

The Duchy website says that Looe's 1st team will be relegated 1 division from their final position. Does that mean if they finish in the bottom 2 and are therefore automatically relegated will they go down an extra division to Div 2 meaning Looe Reserves could still get promoted if they finish in a promotion place?

Jiggy

www.clubwebsite.co.uk/stnewlyneastfc