Cornwall Football Forum

Tuesday 20th combo results

Culdrose 0 Wendron 1

(Ht 0-0)

Scorer: Rob Dunn

Crowd: 20

Great result for us having control of large parts of the game. Made all the more better by having at least 7 players out as well as the two managers, one of which is still enjoying Norway due to the ash :thumbsup:. Three of us also played a full game yesterday so will welcome the rest with no games scheduled (yet!) at the weekend!

Culdrose 0 Wendron 1

(Ht 0-0)

Great result for us having control of large parts of the game. Made all the more better by having at least 7 players out as well as the two managers, one of which is still enjoying Norway due to the ash :thumbsup:. Three of us also played a full game yesterday so will welcome the rest with no games scheduled (yet!) at the weekend!

Thought it was a preety weak game from both sides myself actualy watching from the sideline dont believe either team had much control of the game and ball control being quite weak aswell but like you say you have several players out which defanatly didnt help and i noticed it wasnt your team you have been playing recently. Also on the referee watch i dont think i have seen a referee as poor as that this season to be quite honest some decisions he made and the excuse for making them were apalling not sure on who the ref was??. However you did manage to pull a goal and every point counts so well done wendron.

Culdrose 0 Wendron 1

(Ht 0-0)

Thought it was a preety weak game from both sides myself actualy watching from the sideline dont believe either team had much control of the game and ball control being quite weak aswell but like you say you have several players out which defanatly didnt help and i noticed it wasnt your team you have been playing recently. Also on the referee watch i dont think i have seen a referee as poor as that this season to be quite honest some decisions he made and the excuse for making them were apalling not sure on who the ref was??. However you did manage to pull a goal and every point counts so well done wendron.

I'd agree with you there not the greatest game of football!Cornish teddy boy might be able to help but I think that is our first clean sheet in something like 80 games??

Guest tell it how it is

Illogan 3 St Agnes 0

danny williams

andy cowper

paul wolstencroft

very comfortable win on a very very very hard pitch! gotta love this time of the season.

Perranwell 4-1 Porthleven Ht [3-0] crowd 45 .well reffed by Andre Howes.

Not a good game really but i do agree with you the ref did well! he is a nice guy

who turns up and says hello to everyone ! top bloke really! :c: ( he may need a hop up to get into his van though! lol)

Penryn 2 St Day 1. Fairly even match with St Day taking the lead in the first half. Penryn the stronger side in the second half and scored twice within a ten minute period. Not too much threat from St Day in the second half despite the 12 mintues extra time played.

Great result for a committed Penryn side who are happy to have taken 6 points off St Day this year.

Penryn 2 St Day 1. Fairly even match with St Day taking the lead in the first half. Penryn the stronger side in the second half and scored twice within a ten minute period. Not too much threat from St Day in the second half despite the 12 mintues extra time played.

Great result for a committed Penryn side who are happy to have taken 6 points off St Day this year.

Dom Pullen for St Day, Dan Richardson (pen) and Stephan Churcher for Penryn. Attendance ???? 40

TUESDAY 20TH APRIL

Falmouth Town Reserves (Chris Pellow 2, Luke Appleton) 3-1 Helston Athletic (???)

Att - 40

Holman SC 0-4 Hayle Reserves (Matt Thomas 2, Elliot Harris 2)

Att - 30

Ludgvan (Mike Cruse 3, ???) 5-1 Portreath (???)

Att - ???

Newquay Reserves (Jamie Tipton, Sean Barker) 2-2 Troon (Shane Richards 2)

Att - 27

Penzance Reserves 0-3 St Ives Town (Jack Hughes, Chris Lock, Ross Duncan)

Att - 63

Perranwell (Carl Paperone, Tom Hardwick, Luke Brabyn, Joe Cooper) 4-1 Porthleven Reserves (???)

Att - 45

RNAS Culdrose 0-1 Wendron CC United (Rob Dunn)

Att - 20

St Agnes 0-3 Illogan RBL (Danny Williams, Andy Cowper, Paul Wolstencroft)

Att - ???

St Day (Dominic Pullen) 1-2 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Dan Richardson, Stephan Churcher)

Att - 80

If anyone from Ludgvan comes on can they tell me who scored for them against Illogan last week (2 goals scored)

Guest CONFLICTO

St Day 1 - Penryn 2 ( Halftime 1-0 to St Day )

Went to watch this top of the table clash tonight with much anticipation. Arrived just as the game started to be horrified to see Larry Marsh taking charge of the game and I was to be proven right all I can say is why is this man still taking charge of senior football..

To their credit both teams tried to play a bit of football on a pitch that looked ok to me all be it a little bumpy. St Day 1-0 up halftime with goal from Pullen.

2nd half route 1 from both teams not pretty at all. After 10 minutes game changing decision made which bemused me and the whole of the healthy crowd at St Day which i counted at 80+. Penalty given to Penryn by Mr Marsh who must have been at the closest 60 yards away never a penalty but he gave it and it was duly despatched by Richardson 1-1. Penryn took over for 10 minutes then and made it 2-1 with a long punt up field which the centre forward I think Churcher latched onto and slotted past the keeper. St Day came back into the game and it was end to end for the rest of the game with a massive appeal for a penalty for a blatant handball by Penryn not given by Mr Marsh whom was only 40 yards away then and looking right at the incident.

St Day nearly claimed a draw 7 minutes into time added on. But the stand in keeper made a terrific save.

Not the best of games to be honest a draw would have been a fair result in my opinion but it was ruined by a poor ref who let some awful challenges go from both sides and then blew up for petty incidents and where he found 57 minutes of time from in the 2nd half nobody will ever know.

Defeinently should not be taking charge of any snr football matches just for the pure fact that he cannot run and didnt leave the centre circle at all.

Good luck to both teams for the rest of your seasons but I dont see any of you guys taking any silverware this season

Penzance 0-3 St Ives

St Ives Scorers

Jak Hughes

Chris Lock

Ross Duncan

Great battling game, both teams had a lot of chances, but Penzance didnt take any of theres and St Ives took the chances that they had. Both teams played some good football. Probably could have been 3-1 to penzance in the first half if things had gone there way. 0-0 at half time.

Second half St Ives were more brighter and started taking the game to penzance and got their goal when Chris Locks effort was only parried to Jak Hughes who headed home. Not long after Ross Duncan burst into the box and was brought down, and Chris lock slotted the penalty away. Penzance then went close but a header was well saved by Martin Harding. St Ives third came from a great 1-2 between Duncan and Charlie Shields, with Duncan slamming the ball into the top bin from 12 yards. Great win for St Ives who have been improving each week. Week off now to get rested for next week.

Good luck to Penzance for rest of season!!

St Day 1 - Penryn 2 ( Halftime 1-0 to St Day )

Went to watch this top of the table clash tonight with much anticipation. Arrived just as the game started to be horrified to see Larry Marsh taking charge of the game and I was to be proven right all I can say is why is this man still taking charge of senior football..

To their credit both teams tried to play a bit of football on a pitch that looked ok to me all be it a little bumpy. St Day 1-0 up halftime with goal from Pullen.

2nd half route 1 from both teams not pretty at all. After 10 minutes game changing decision made which bemused me and the whole of the healthy crowd at St Day which i counted at 80+. Penalty given to Penryn by Mr Marsh who must have been at the closest 60 yards away never a penalty but he gave it and it was duly despatched by Richardson 1-1. Penryn took over for 10 minutes then and made it 2-1 with a long punt up field which the centre forward I think Churcher latched onto and slotted past the keeper. St Day came back into the game and it was end to end for the rest of the game with a massive appeal for a penalty for a blatant handball by Penryn not given by Mr Marsh whom was only 40 yards away then and looking right at the incident.

St Day nearly claimed a draw 7 minutes into time added on. But the stand in keeper made a terrific save.

Not the best of games to be honest a draw would have been a fair result in my opinion but it was ruined by a poor ref who let some awful challenges go from both sides and then blew up for petty incidents and where he found 57 minutes of time from in the 2nd half nobody will ever know.

Defeinently should not be taking charge of any snr football matches just for the pure fact that he cannot run and didnt leave the centre circle at all.

Good luck to both teams for the rest of your seasons but I dont see any of you guys taking any silverware this season

Thanks for your obviously completely unbiased version of the game tonight haha!! Penryn got exactly what was deseved from the match that was the three points. In the 57 minute second half St Day tested Penryn's "left back" goalie once, and yes he produced a good save but other than that don't think there was a shot on target?

Definate penalty?? disagree with that, where the shoulder meets the chest is not handball. As far as the silverware comment, thanks for that we will just keep plodding along winning every game we can and finish where we finish.

oh and no complaints about larry for not stopping play before St Day scored when the Penryn player was on the floor with blood gushing out his nose?? Believe thats a head injury. And just out of interest how far away from the penalty incident were you? If you weren't playing you couldn't of been that close?

Oh well onwards and upwards look forward to Saturday now when hopefully we will beat Penzance and you will bounce back and beat Illogan?? :huh: Best of luck to St Day in their remaining games

Guest WINNO

ST DAY 1 PENRYN 2

Not a very good game in my eyes with both teams very committed and not alot of football played.

Think we just shaded the 1st half but Penryn were better team 2nd half. Our goal should not have stood as the referee should have blown up straight away with the head injury to Pottsy. But goal given we cannot do anything about it. Penalty decision changed the game never a penalty even Andy and Alan agreed ref stood in Penryn half no way had a good view even if he could see that far suppose he was evening up for his 1st half blunder, but given and scored. Penryn deserved the 2nd goal after alot of pressure long ball over the top with Stephan running on to score. Thought we did get back into the game even though Lawrie only had to make the 1 world stopping save well done mate. But Buckers had no saves to make either. We also had a stone wall hand ball shout right at the end but the ref was no where to be seen.

All in all think a draw would have been a fair result as both teams cancelled each other out but Penryn got the all important 2nd a got the points. Im not going to rant and rave at the official tonight as all that were there can make there own assumptions but as a manager of a team in a supposidly senior league all we ask for is a referee who can keep up with play and run a little bit a least and do the job to a descent standard we go about the respect campaign well come on that swings both ways. There were some awful challenges from both sides last night which could have been leg breakers especially the 2 footed one from from Davies from behind on Andy Dyer how he got up from that I dont know and where the hell we got 12 minutes of extra time from no-one knows and I wonder what would have happened if we had equalsied in all that time added on......

Good luck to Penryn for the rest of the season good bunch of lads and I hope you can go all season unbeaten it would be a massive achievement well done fellas.

Our ref last night is the one who has a permanent cold!! He missed a few decisions last night because he was blowing his nose!!

not a well respected referee amongst his peers let alone the players! still, he's there and he enjoys it I suppose. And all in all, last night, he wasn't that bad!

Illogan fully deserved their comfortable win, don't think we had a shot on goal all game. In my eyes, definitely the best team in the combo league!

Seeming as refs seem to be a hot topic I thought I would defend the guy reffing Falmouth Helston. The guy did superbly well to implement all the new rules brought in by Fifa, player touched, not pushed, in the back =free kick, player wins ball in tackle =free kick, hands/arms used to control the ball = play on, player brought down while clean through on goal = free kick but no need to have a word and certainly NOT a red card, player brought down in the box with tackle from behind clearly missing the ball by about 5 yards = play on of course!

In all fairness though I think both teams were equally "praising" his game

Newquay v Troon a game of 2 halve,s that was played in the right spirt on an excellent surface,Newquay groundsman must be a contender for groundsman of the season.

It,s a pity though that only 3 of the Troon team came into the clubhouse for their food,clubs do depend on clubhouse revenue,still the darts ladies enjoyed what was left.

holmans 0 hayle 4 another good win for an improving hayle young side who seem to be improving every week.goals from matt thomas 2 and elliot harris 2 attendance about 30.

good reffin by ex hayle legend george pattison (would,nt expect anything different) :smiley20:

With both sides facing each other in the semi final of the supp cup in 11 days time this was a chance for either side to gain a confidence boost prior to Sunday 2nd. Hayle were the ones who emerged with the most to cheer about and also put some distance between themselves and Holmans in the league.

A fairly even contest in the first 30 minutes on a rock hard Blaythorne pitch meant both sides struggled to get any kind of fluent passing game going. Both sets of strikers looked dangerous however were guilty of not taking their chances in the final third. Hayles goal came from a poor free kick by Holmans who attempted a close series of passes only to be dispossessed following a breakdown in communication allowing Hayle to breakaway and calmly beat advancing veteran goalkeeper Adam Batchelor in the home sides goal.

HT 0-1

Hayle started brightly in the 2nd half and managed to exert control of the game with only Paul Gadsdon in the middle of the Holmans midfield able to disrupt the Hayle attack. Some sloppy defending resulted in Hayles 2nd & 3rd goals and a 4th 10min from the end gave Hayle an empathic 0-4 win and left the home side with a large amount to think about following their worst performance in 2 months.

Well Reffed By George Pattison :D

Guest Bundiwilliams

thank god the standard of refs is shit throughout the league, i thought coz we were bottom of the league we got what ever was left, we had the best ref ever on saturday, young boy tipped for great things, ya right!!!!!!!!!

sent our keeper off hand ball outside area when two defenders were behind him, he jumped up with the palms of his hands covering his face and it hit them, sent him off as dennying a goal scoring oppertunity even though two defenders between striker and goal, i aint a ref but surely only merits a yellow??? might be wrong???

the thing that really wound me up though was 2-1 to wendron and ask them we were giving them a good going at, there striker and our defender are running for the ball towards goal, striker dives, he told us he did so its fact, penalty. our defender is last man and ref doesnt issue a card at all even though last defender, but best of, this is quote of the season!!!!!!!

i say to him that is no way a penalty and if he did make contact you need to send him off as last man, he says and i qoute "Just play the game, your bottom of the league your getting what you deserve", well as for respect the little boy was lucky i didnt smash his face in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i play for portreath coz i enjoy it, hence losing every week i am still there, but when you get a idiot in black cant control a game and give the players some respect, we have a respect campaign for refs were the hell is the respect campaign for players, at the end of the day if we dont get a good service could i refuse to pay them?????

thank god the standard of refs is shit throughout the league, i thought coz we were bottom of the league we got what ever was left, we had the best ref ever on saturday, young boy tipped for great things, ya right!!!!!!!!!

sent our keeper off hand ball outside area when two defenders were behind him, he jumped up with the palms of his hands covering his face and it hit them, sent him off as dennying a goal scoring oppertunity even though two defenders between striker and goal, i aint a ref but surely only merits a yellow??? might be wrong???

the thing that really wound me up though was 2-1 to wendron and ask them we were giving them a good going at, there striker and our defender are running for the ball towards goal, striker dives, he told us he did so its fact, penalty. our defender is last man and ref doesnt issue a card at all even though last defender, but best of, this is quote of the season!!!!!!!

i say to him that is no way a penalty and if he did make contact you need to send him off as last man, he says and i qoute "Just play the game, your bottom of the league your getting what you deserve", well as for respect the little boy was lucky i didnt smash his face in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i play for portreath coz i enjoy it, hence losing every week i am still there, but when you get a idiot in black cant control a game and give the players some respect, we have a respect campaign for refs were the hell is the respect campaign for players, at the end of the day if we dont get a good service could i refuse to pay them?????

It doesn't matter how many players were behind the keeper, they weren't in line with the goal or in any way going to clear the shot. He jumped up to save a goalbound shot outside his box, not a chance he was protecting his face a foot above his head.

Guest Flintstone

Oh dear oh dear, what are you all going to do when there are no ref`s to slag off, but then I suppose you will have to find someone to put in the firing line.

We all got the right to 'slag off' the refs, after all they are the only bugger getting paid!!

(but don't tar them all with the same brush)

The ref at Looe last nite should have paid the players, spoilt what could have been a dam good game.

From international down to girls youth football, the ref wants to be the 'star'

Newquay 2 2 Troon (Richards x2)

Totally agree with the statement about it being a game of two halfs, we've kind of got used to that now....!lol, but yeah troon were very poor in the first half, newquay were good, second half newquay were good, troon were better.

Newquay started well, and took advantage of the over laps on each wing, and they scored after 10 mins or so, after good play down the left followed by a cross to their striker, who chested it down, and then smashed it past the stand in troon keeper to make it 1-0. Newquay were aloud to bring the ball down in the middle, and up front, and took full advantage of that when they got the ball forward to the other striker, who slotted in thier winger only for the keeper to parry it for a corner, Troon switched off from that resulting corner, and newquay swung in a quick corner which was met by Jamie Tipton to header into the far post to make it 2-0. troon were getting frustrated, especially the forwards who had their work cut out just getting the ball, let alone waiting around for the players to get up and around them. 2-0 HT

Troon got a good old fashioned bollocking at halt time, and changed things around and went 4-4-2, bringing on youngster malcolm, he went straight on the right and had a good impact, getting the ball down and taking a few players on, troon seemed at ease straight from the start, newquays players were laughing and joking with each other after slices, and mis kicks,a lack of concentrating that was to prove costly! (pitch looked great to the eye, but still very bobbley) take nothing away though, the best i've seen that pitch looking in years, could do with him down our place for a few weeks, or maybe a decade!!Troon grabbed their first goal when good play down the right by Jason " beef" smeeth and stevie procter opened up a bit of space for procter to cross the ball into the box and shane richards made no mistake and headed past the home keeper.

Newquay were still in the game, and had a chance of their own but a good block from matt witts prevented them from grabbing their 3rd. Troon were pushing for the equaliser and finally grabbed it when a good ball from Gary Bell to split the defence aloud shane richards to run onto, rounded the keeper, and calmy slot into a open net.

Newquay had a chance rigth at the death to grab all 3 points, but a great save from nicky prevented it!! Moment of the match.....troons left back, vic reeves, back pedeling for a high ball...only to trip over his own feet and fall flat on his back to the amusement of the croud!!

Ref watch - had a good game, no major decisions to make, no bookings either which is not like us! lol

Man of the match - shane richards, was at the middle of everything, scored 2 good goals, and if the rest of the team had his desire the reslut could of been alot different, he looked 5 years younger! (32..?!)

Att - 27

Guest Bundiwilliams

It doesn't matter how many players were behind the keeper, they weren't in line with the goal or in any way going to clear the shot. He jumped up to save a goalbound shot outside his box, not a chance he was protecting his face a foot above his head.

ONE CENTRE BACK AND THERE OTHER STRIKER WERE STANDING BEHIND OUR KEEPER, OUR KEEPER RAN PAST 4 PLAYERS WHILE COMING OUT!!!! IT WAS SHIT, EVERYONE WAS SAYING IT WASNT A RED CARD EVEN THE OTHER TEAM, PROBLEM WITH REFS IS NO COMMON SENSE WHAT SO EVER, RUINED A GAME WHICH IN MY OPINION WAS LOOKING TO BE A BLINDER. I AINT BLAMING HIM FOR THE RESULT IN ANYWAY, LOOK AT US WE ARE BOTTOM FOR A REASON, COZ WE AINT COMBO PLAYERS!!!! BUT TO COME OUT ON A SATURDAY TO ENJOY A GAME EVEN IF LOSE, THEN THIS SO CALLED SUPERSTAR RUINS IT FOR EVERYONE COZ HE WANTS TO BE CENTRE OF ATTENTION.

ANY WAY MY MAIN POINT WAS THE COMMENT HE MADE TO ME AND ANOTHER PLAYER WHICH I AM PUTTING ACROSS!!!!!!

I GET SPOKE TO LIKE A BAG OF SHIT AND CANT DO NOTHING ABOUT IT BUT AS SOON AS YOU SAY SOMETHING BACK THE YELLOW CARDS FLY OUT AND HE BECOMES CENTRE OF ATTENTION AGAIN!!!!!

As it seems to be a time (again) for ref critique, I'd like to add my commendations to how George Pattison reffed the Holmans/Hayle game last night.

No dramatics, an explanation when needed, a word when likewise and always looking to play the advantage.

There is a broad range of aptitude among the referees in our league( the same as players) and I think George is near the upper end of the range.

Guest Bundiwilliams

As it seems to be a time (again) for ref critique, I'd like to add my commendations to how George Pattison reffed the Holmans/Hayle game last night.

No dramatics, an explanation when needed, a word when likewise and always looking to play the advantage.

There is a broad range of aptitude among the referees in our league( the same as players) and I think George is near the upper end of the range.

YES SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD REF, ALL I ASK FOR IS CONSISTANCY IN A REF, NOT ALL REF'S ARE THE SAME BUT START THE GAME HOW YOU MEAN TO FINISH IT, DECISIONS HAVE TO BE CONSISTANT!!!!!

AND SHOW US A BIT OF RESPECT AND YOU WILL GET IT BACK!!!

BEST REF I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF HAVING, BOTH IN MINING LEAGUE 2, GUY CALLED PORKY, ABSOLUTE STAR, TALKS TO PLAYERS LIKE PEOPLE, USES COMMON SENSE AND LETS THE GAME RUN. ALSO I THINK HIS NAME IS TIM MARTYN FROM TRURO, TOTALLY DIFFERENT GUY, LETS THE GAME RUN, TELLS YOU WHAT YOU DID WRONG YOU DO IT AGAIN YOUR IN THE BOOK. BOTH CONSISTANT THROUGH OUT THE GAME!!!!!

I WOULDNT LIKE TO BE A REF NOW COZ I CAN PLAY BUT 2-3 YEARS ILL BE TAKING THE COURSE SO CAN STILL BE INVOLVED, 3 HOURS ON A SATURDAY £25 IN THE BACK POCKET!!!!

YES SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD REF, ALL I ASK FOR IS CONSISTANCY IN A REF, NOT ALL REF'S ARE THE SAME BUT START THE GAME HOW YOU MEAN TO FINISH IT, DECISIONS HAVE TO BE CONSISTANT!!!!!

AND SHOW US A BIT OF RESPECT AND YOU WILL GET IT BACK!!!

BEST REF I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF HAVING, BOTH IN MINING LEAGUE 2, GUY CALLED PORKY, ABSOLUTE STAR, TALKS TO PLAYERS LIKE PEOPLE, USES COMMON SENSE AND LETS THE GAME RUN. ALSO I THINK HIS NAME IS TIM MARTYN FROM TRURO, TOTALLY DIFFERENT GUY, LETS THE GAME RUN, TELLS YOU WHAT YOU DID WRONG YOU DO IT AGAIN YOUR IN THE BOOK. BOTH CONSISTANT THROUGH OUT THE GAME!!!!!

I WOULDNT LIKE TO BE A REF NOW COZ I CAN PLAY BUT 2-3 YEARS ILL BE TAKING THE COURSE SO CAN STILL BE INVOLVED, 3 HOURS ON A SATURDAY £25 IN THE BACK POCKET!!!!

Ive watched a few games now which George has refereed and he is good and consistent he also likes to let the game go on where he can! I think this is because unlike many referee's we see and get out our clubs George has played the game for a lot of years and knows how the game flows. We are always going to get the problem of referees not up to scratch. I can only remember 2 possibly 3 referees this season who have been good enough to ref senior football. But there has been many posts and topics on this forum about refs before and will it ever change probably not???

Your definitely ready to ref now :SM_carton:

Just to point out your original statement the keeper handled outside the area so a red card is correct, no matter how many players were on the goalline. Speak as i find 90 per cent of the refs trispen have had have been decent this season bar a couple.

Guest Flintstone

Bundiwilliams, its quite funny you should mention Porky as to your quote " absolute star " it was only a few weeks back that he was being slagged off on this forum, so it does make you wonder that teams these days need someone to blame other than themselves.

Or does it show that the ref is inconsistant?

Not everyone that makes remarks about referees do so because they lost.

Flinstone, of course referee`s are inconsistant, we are human beings, we can make mistakes , we do make mistakes and we will continue to make mistakes exactly the same as everybody else on this planet. Players, Managers etc are not consistant so why should referee`s be any different. The way I look at it is provided we are consistantly inconsistant then we are consistant. Would it not be extremely boring if every ref made the same decision every single time, for a start it would give no one anything to talk about.

Guest WINNO

Flinstone, of course referee`s are inconsistant, we are human beings, we can make mistakes , we do make mistakes and we will continue to make mistakes exactly the same as everybody else on this planet. Players, Managers etc are not consistant so why should referee`s be any different. The way I look at it is provided we are consistantly inconsistant then we are consistant. Would it not be extremely boring if every ref made the same decision every single time, for a start it would give no one anything to talk about.

All we want is at least a certain standard to kept by referees. They should be able to move out of the centre circle and keep up with play to a certain extent. The respect campaign is a great idea which I do support but a referee isnt goin to gain this if he cannot conduct himself in a manner expected to officiate a game. I.E run about keep up with play so he can see incidents and not guess......

All we want is at least a certain standard to kept by referees. They should be able to move out of the centre circle and keep up with play to a certain extent. The respect campaign is a great idea which I do support but a referee isnt goin to gain this if he cannot conduct himself in a manner expected to officiate a game. I.E run about keep up with play so he can see incidents and not guess......

Totally agree Winno, every ref, at any level should be able to keep up with play, but, are the younger people, with the required fitness levels put off refereeing by some of the treatment present referee's receive, therefore leaving us with guys well past their best still officiating matches :unsure:

Winno it`s obvious from your comments that really you do not support the Respect campaign, for a start the referee should not have to gain your respect, it is not something we as officials have to earn, we should be respected for the job we have to do and are doing, the decisions that we have to make regardless of whether you agree with them or not. So I would suggest you read and understand the Respect Campaign, there is a FA booklet out which will explain it all.

Guest WINNO

We all have respect for referees to a certain extent.But you get paid for what you do and you should have certain standards to keep i.e fitness etc. Respect is also earnt and I'm sorry but that swings both ways, there are some great ref's around who do the job in a great manner and totally deserve the money they receive and the respect they warrant. But there are more than a few whom don't. Perhaps you should actually admit sometime that they arnt upto scratch and get together as referees and do something about it rather than protect those that are letting others down....