Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Result 20/04/10

Newlyn 2 St Buryan 3

A game we should of probably won. Dominated the first half but let in two late goals, the first good, the second a match of the day finish to trail 2-1 at half time. Second half we came out strongly again, had a penalty turned down which shouldn't of been as the player stayed on his feet and the ref played advantage (although the only way that would of worked is if we'd scored?). Then we got a penalty which we missed, had one saved by the keeper and then cleared off the line from the resulting corner, only for St Buryan to score with three passes, a brilliant finish again by the St Buryan sub.

All in all a much better performance than the last few weeks, and but for some clinical St Buryan finishes we would of probably had the three points, not bad though against the Junior Cup champions.

Not sure who the ref was but was the best we've had or seen all season, firm but fair. Good luck to St Buryan for the rest of the season and their Dunn Cup final.

Will you manage to play all of your league games Joe as i notice that you have something like 14 games to be played?

Unfortunately we do have 14 games still to play, the weather has hit us harder than most teams this year especially with us missing games at the beginning of the season and at xmas. We will be playing 3/4 games a week until the end of the season to get as many in as possible and by the end of the month we will have played half of the games.Hopeully George is able to fixture all of our games in and if he does we will fulfill all our fixtures. It would be extremely frstrating if we cant fulfill when we have good chance of promotion if we carry on with our current form.

Newlyn 2 St Buryan 3

A game we should of probably won. Dominated the first half but let in two late goals, the first good, the second a match of the day finish to trail 2-1 at half time. Second half we came out strongly again, had a penalty turned down which shouldn't of been as the player stayed on his feet and the ref played advantage (although the only way that would of worked is if we'd scored?). Then we got a penalty which we missed, had one saved by the keeper and then cleared off the line from the resulting corner, only for St Buryan to score with three passes, a brilliant finish again by the St Buryan sub.

All in all a much better performance than the last few weeks, and but for some clinical St Buryan finishes we would of probably had the three points, not bad though against the Junior Cup champions.

Not sure who the ref was but was the best we've had or seen all season, firm but fair. Good luck to St Buryan for the rest of the season and their Dunn Cup final.

Will you manage to play all of your league games Joe as i notice that you have something like 14 games to be played?

Unfortunately we do have 14 games still to play, the weather has hit us harder than most teams this year especially with us missing games at the beginning of the season and at xmas. We will be playing 3/4 games a week until the end of the season to get as many in as possible and by the end of the month we will have played half of the games.Hopeully George is able to fixture all of our games in and if he does we will fulfill all our fixtures. It would be extremely frstrating if we cant fulfill when we have good chance of promotion if we carry on with our current form.

Camborne School of Mines should be made to play all of the games, they still have to play us (titans) and madron home and away which now is going to determine who wins the league, i no its gonna be hard for them playing that many games, i wouldnt fancy 3/4 games a week but alot is resting on them now.

Referee at Newlyn v St.Buryan was Paul Windle.

Halsetown 4-1 Sennen

Lots of goal chances and Halsetown never looked like losing, even at 1-0 down. Few injuries during the game, hope the Sennen lad is okay.

Our referee was Nigel Nicholls who was superb.

I agree Paul Windle is one of the best around (and before anyone says it, we don't have him in the next few games!)

Gwinear 2 0 Trevenson .

Good game on a poor surface . Well reffed , he had to stay very strong after Trevenson went 2 down and lost a little discipline which can happen when your scrapping for league safety. Hope you boys are successful in your bid to stay up, we were there last season and it's tough , I can think of a few goal mouth incidents last night where the rub of the green favoured us and when your down there that seems to be the way . Should mention also that your lino was superb best performance I've seen this season 100% honest as it should be which made for a better game. :thumbsup:

Gwinear 2 0 Trevenson .

Good game on a poor surface . Well reffed , he had to stay very strong after Trevenson went 2 down and lost a little discipline which can happen when your scrapping for league safety. Hope you boys are successful in your bid to stay up, we were there last season and it's tough , I can think of a few goal mouth incidents last night where the rub of the green favoured us and when your down there that seems to be the way . Should mention also that your lino was superb best performance I've seen this season 100% honest as it should be which made for a better game. :thumbsup:

I dont know if its the same lino as what we had when trevenson came are place, but he to was class his own team were having ago at him for being to honest!

Mining League Div. 1

Trevenson Utd. 0 .v. Gwinear 2

As mentioned in earlier postings we suffered the proverbial ' lucks not with you when you're down the bottom '. Four or five decent opportunities to take the lead in the 1st half but chances were going just wide, just over, scrambled away, mis - hit and dealt with well by the away 'keeper who was very impressive along with James Paradise at the back who I don't think missed a header all game! We limited Gwinear's offence by defending resolutely and managed to clear their attacking play without to much trouble. I think, in all honesty, that Gwinear were baffled to find themselves 1 up at half time. Trevenson captain and ' Mr. reliable ' Tim Kitchen tracked back and won the ball in our area only for the rock hard surface to play it's part and the ball bounced up and would not fall for Tim to volley it clear. Gwinear's striker managed to get in and wrap his foot round the ball and see it end up in the back of the net from the tightest of angles.

Second half was more open and end to end. The ref didn't have a lot to do in the 1st half but second half I think there were a few decisions that we'll be asking the F.A to look at! We conceded about 10 mins in when a long clearance wasn't dealt with by yours truly ( who was giving a rallying call! ) and the pitch played it's part again when the ball hit a divot and bounced favourably to the advancing striker rather than safely into the hands of on rushing 'keeper Leigh Isaacs and the ball was lobbed into the empty net. We kept plugging away but couldn't find a way back into the match.

Trevenson lino is Darren Letcher and he is honest to a fault!

All the best to all at Gwinear for the last few games.

Camborne School of Mines should be made to play all of the games, they still have to play us (titans) and madron home and away which now is going to determine who wins the league, i no its gonna be hard for them playing that many games, i wouldnt fancy 3/4 games a week but alot is resting on them now.

TFC No9 we will get these games in if the league let us which we are very hopeful. We are always behind on fixtures at this time of year due to out term times but its been a while since we did not complete our games. Mining 2 is shaping up to very interesting up the top and we know we will play a major part in this.