Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL 2. Down to the Wire

Somebody asked last night are Perranporth promoted yet from FHFL 2. Simple answer, No not yet. Being the sad person that I am I thought I would check out the stats based on last nights results.

This is not the league table but a table based on the maximum points available/games left to play.

This table takes into consideration the points each team currently have and the fact the league rules state 3 teams up 3 teams down although this could change at the AGM.

FHFL 2 Maximum Points Available Table

Perranporth 61-82

Carharrack 42-75

Mullion 55-73

----------------------------

Stithians 32-68

Culdrose 32-68

Rosudgeon 42-66

St Day 35-65

Trispen 29-56

Penryn 29-56

Lizard 26-50

Frogpool 29-47

Wendron 25-46

Helston 18-36

----------------------------

Hayle 19-34

Rangers 11-32

Mawnan 24-27

So it will appear as it stands Perranporth need 8 points to guarantee promotion and 14 points to become champions. Carharrack need 27 points to guarantee promotion and Mullion need 14 points to guarantee promotion. This will all change as the weeks go by and will do an update. If Perranporth win on Thursday against Trispen they will only 5 more points for promotion.

Down at the bottom 35 points on the table appears the magic number which would mean Mawnan, Porthlevern Rangers and Hayle are unable to achieve if all the teams above them gain maximum points available which is unlikely. But with only one match left to play Mawnan are currently favourites to be relegated to FHFL 3.

I was trying to work all this out aswell. Even though we only have 6 games left they are against frogpool and then we play the top 6 sides (one being ourselves) once each. Gonna be very close one as obviously with other teams playing each other the maximum points available will change. I think we will have a clearer picture in a couple of weeks time and i for one cant wait!!!

How can they already be relegated if they can get a maximum of 27 points with one game left and the current bottom 5 clubs have less than that ammount?

I think phil means they have resigned themselves to the fact that they are relegated, were they not a top 5 side last season ?

Ok after last nights results. Actual Points/ Maximum points available(games left to play x 3)

So it would appear now Perranporth need 2 more points for promotion and 12 to be champions. Mullion needs 8 more points and Carharrack needing 18 more points to go up.

Perranporth 64/82

Carharrack 48/75

Mullion 58/73

--------------

St Day 41/65/

Rosudgeon 43/64

Culdrose 36/63

Stitihains 33/63

Trispen 32/56

Penryn 32/53

Lizard 29/47

Wendron 28/46

Frogpool 29/41

Helston 19/34

--------------

Rangers 11/29

Hayle 19/28

Mawnan 24/27

30 is now the magic ammount of points to avoid relegation down the bottom.

i cant understand how mawnan are looking at being relegated. im fairly local so know most the mawnan boys and cant see how a club with so much talent can let its 2nd team get relegated? is the manager still renfree??? (not sure which one??) didnt mawnan finish 2nd last year??

Mawnan could still stay up! For them to be relegated hayle need to win 2 of their last three games or helston need to win 2 of their last 5! And as they have only won 5 each all season, I would say that leaves mawnan in a stronger position! And mawnan still have a game to play

Hayle can't go down as they have a team in division 3

Dont think it works that way anymore. In the past a club would have a team in each division and thus never be under threat of relegation. The problem with this is that it stopped other teams being promoted who would have replaced them.

That changed a few years ago. Now if Hayle get relegated from Division 2 they will have to remove their Div 3 side (unless they get promoted). Hard on that club but fair on the other teams.

Pretty sure thats how it is now - correct me if not.

This is not official.

According to my calculations, after last nights results. Actual Points/ Maximum points available(games left to play x 3). Perranporth still need 2 more points to be promoted and 12 to be crowned champions, Mullion need 5 more points for promotion and Carharrack need 15 more points for promotion meaning they can only afford to lose one more game.

Perranporth 24 64/82

Mullion 27 61/70

Carharrack 24 51/69

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

St Day 24 47/65

Rosudgeon 25 46/61

Stithians 21 33/60

Culdrose 24 42/60

Trispen 24 38/56

Penryn 24 35/53

Lizard 25 32/47

Frogpool 26 32/44

Wendron 25 25/40

Helston 27 25/34

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mawnan 29 24/27

Rangers 25 11/26

Hayle 29 19/22 ®

Down at the bottom, Hayle can only get a maximum of 22 points which according to my calculations means they are now relegated. Mawnan and Rangers can mathematically still stay up only if they all their remaining games and Helston and Wendron lose all there last games.

Rich i think you will find that superior goal difference means 1 point for promotion 2 to make sure and only 6 for champions and 7 to make sure, if mullion can only get 70 (We have to play them) and we have 64 that makes a 6 point difference in my book ..........

Question-

In the week of the Barker Bowl Semi Finals- we were playing perran on the monday night- it was cancelled due to us playing in the semi on the tuesday- still to be replayed.

On the same night carharrack were meant to play stithians- game cancelled due to stithians not raising a side- carharrack get awarded the points. on the forum someone from stithians said they were resting players for the semi which they went on to win.

My point is with tonights victory against perran proving that stithians are a good team- why was car vs stit not being replayed as it could prove pivotal in a very close promotion race??

Im just wondering and by no means am trying to stir things up so close to the end of a very good season.

Question-

In the week of the Barker Bowl Semi Finals- we were playing perran on the monday night- it was cancelled due to us playing in the semi on the tuesday- still to be replayed.

On the same night carharrack were meant to play stithians- game cancelled due to stithians not raising a side- carharrack get awarded the points. on the forum someone from stithians said they were resting players for the semi which they went on to win.

My point is with tonights victory against perran proving that stithians are a good team- why was car vs stit not being replayed as it could prove pivotal in a very close promotion race??

Im just wondering and by no means am trying to stir things up so close to the end of a very good season.

I was under the impression that we were cancelling our game against Carharrack because we had the cup semi the next day and that we shouldn't have to play 2 games in 48 hours, never thought we were giving them the points.

This is not official but Stithians told us they could not raise a side becuase they were resting your players for the cup game. They ask us to rearrange the match but because we are already behind we didn't agree. Perranporth agreed to rearrange with Mullion as they also had a match the next day.

That was Stithians choice. So as far as I'm aware the an FHFL official has told us the FHFL is awarding us the 3 points which I have put on the table.

This is not official but Stithians told us they could not raise a side becuase you were resting your players for the cup game.

That was Stithians choice. So as far as I'm aware the an FHFL official has told us the FHFL is awarding us the 3 points which I have put on the table.

Thanks richard. If someone from the FHFL has said its all official then cant say much more about it. Means the away match will be even more vital now!