Cornwall Football Forum

NOTHING!!

NOTHING!!, That's all that can be heard from those that usually have SO MUCH TO SAY, weird :unsure:

The trappy Gooner atleast said his bit about his team being beaten by that laughable and pathetic little club in North London, so he's atleast shown himself to be more of a man than the other "mouths" on here :clapper: ...

BUT where are the 'oh so educated' blue-noses who CONSTANTLY laugh and take the p**s?. Why aren't they here crowing about their annual trip to "Three Point Lane"?? :unsure: ..

By the way, "Three Point Lane"? Don't you think that considering the last time you actually won at "Three Point Lane" was back in AUGUST 2005, you should perhaps think about coming up with a different name?, one that is actually relative? :glare: . Considering that since that last victory at "Three Point Lane" back in AUGUST 2005 you've picked up a massive ONE POINT, you should maybe change the name to "Maybe get a point if we're REALLY lucky Lane"?? :drink: ..

No bad feeling here though Blue-Noses, I'm more angry at Spurs for making our reserves go easy on you :yahoo: ....

Gillo mate, let's just hope Man United can make the most of the little "leg up" that Spurs have given you this week and you can go on to lift that Premier League trophy :thumbsup:

COYS

Didn't watch the game & haven't seem MoD yet either. So can't comment on the game although the bit of Radio5 I heard said Spurs were totally in control 1st half. As for the title, everyone was telling me it was won at O.T. I knew better. CFC have been struggling in some games (Bolton, for eg) and the injuries to defenders has been difficult to manage. Sounds like Ferreira had his usual dodgy game (if Ivanovic was fit, why not start him, same applies to Casley). I presume JT will miss next Sunday adding more pressue to the defence.

I presume Spurs will be as effective at O.T. next Sat lunchtime, taking 3 points. That would redress the balance thanks.

Hope you get 4th place, Coopsie. We don't want Citey waving their cheque book around, do we!

Didn't watch the game & haven't seem MoD yet either. So can't comment on the game although the bit of Radio5 I heard said Spurs were totally in control 1st half. As for the title, everyone was telling me it was won at O.T. I knew better. CFC have been struggling in some games (Bolton, for eg) and the injuries to defenders has been difficult to manage. Sounds like Ferreira had his usual dodgy game (if Ivanovic was fit, why not start him, same applies to Casley). I presume JT will miss next Sunday adding more pressue to the defence.

I presume Spurs will be as effective at O.T. next Sat lunchtime, taking 3 points. That would redress the balance thanks.

Hope you get 4th place, Coopsie. We don't want Citey waving their cheque book around, do we!

Good on you baldy :thumbsup: .. The radio didn't mislead you at all, Spurs were absolutely in control from start to finish. Can't use injuries to defenders as a reason/excuse though baldy. Spurs were without King, Woodgate, Corluka. As well as having no Lennon, Kranjcar and Palacios AND we had Bentley playing aswell, yet we still brought home the bacon (perhaps not the best analogy there :D)..

Old Trafford next week, well Spurs aren't allowed to win there so it's probably best not to pin your hopes on that one :glare: ..

By the way, John Terry is ... Shame you didn't watch the game because you'd have heard the superb Spurs supporters singing to him directly. Their song of choice??. "S**t Michael dawson, you're just a s**t Michael Dawson, s**t Michael Dawson, You're just a s**t Michael Dawson" :D ...

If that boy is not on the plane to South Africa there is something seriously wrong. Or Stevie Wonder is watching the players and selecting the squad.. I remember at the start of the season how Mangle was on here saying about how well Spurs had started BUT would not be able to keep it up because King and Woodgate are both crocks and our 'cover' is not good enough.. Here we are now with the second best home defensive record in the league and the third best defence overall. Not bad considering we've NEVER put out our first choice back 4 all season.

Like I've said since the very first day of the season (and since January last season too), Spurs have one of the VERY BEST squads in the league. I did think that only United, Arse-anal, Chelski and maybe Man Citeh have better squads BUT after seeing how Arse-anal have been without 3 or 4 players and how Chelski and Man United have been aswell, perhaps I may need to reconsider??.

COYS

Was watching Sky sports news 2 days ago and on stats M.Dawson is the best centre half in England at the moment, so surely he will be going to the world cup even just to warm the bench because in the last season and a half he has been nothing less of awsome!

As for the game yesterday well, i have never seen a team control Chelsea like we did. From start to finish there only looked like one winner, neither Ferrira or Ivanovic could cope with Gareth Bale nor John Terry hense why he was sent off. Gomes had his usual solid performance in goal. Shame Pav couldnt finish for S**T or it would have been 4-5 up before Chelski got there consulation.

Was watching Sky sports news 2 days ago and on stats M.Dawson is the best centre half in England at the moment, so surely he will be going to the world cup even just to warm the bench because in the last season and a half he has been nothing less of awsome!

As for the game yesterday well, i have never seen a team control Chelsea like we did. From start to finish there only looked like one winner, neither Ferrira or Ivanovic could cope with Gareth Bale nor John Terry hense why he was sent off. Gomes had his usual solid performance in goal. Shame Pav couldnt finish for S**T or it would have been 4-5 up before Chelski got there consulation.

Despite pavs misses though buddy, he ran his fecking socks off and worked well with everyone around him. His intelligence allows Modric to shine and spread the ball around (did you know that in his last 7 games Modric has a 97% pass completion rate?).. It's no coincidence that Pav has started the last 2 games and the football has been SWEET. We've played on the floor, through midfield and utilised our ability superbly. Why? Well because Harry is leaving "2metre Peter" on the bench and we are therefore not hoofing the ball long to his head for him to lose the header or give away a freekick and possession back to the opposition. Don't get me wrong, there is a time and a place for 2metre Peter BUT it aint against the top teams. Battles against Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke etc are the better games for him..

As for the stats on Sky Sports about Dawson, I saw those aswell mate. Him AND King were head and shoulders above every other defender in the league. When I was watching the North London derby on wednesday I was trying to explain to my wife about how much of a 'man mountain' Dawson is and she said "Yeah I can see what you're saying BUT why is it that King seems to be so much better than everybody else on the pitch and can just calmly walk out with the ball"?. My answer mate, because he's the best.. King, if permanently fit, is EASILY the best defender in the league and EASILY one of the very best in World football. I'd have him going to Africa aswell. NOT because I'm a Spurs supporter, NOT because of blind loyalty, but because it will obviously be Ferdinand and Terry as first choice and if either of them were to get injured i know which defender I'd want to step in and fill the void. It makes sense, people say "but he can only play a game a week". Well that's perfect for tournament football. The most important game is the first game, get maximum points from that game and then build. So start King in the first game and rest Rio. Then in the second game start Dawson and rest Terry. Then the best defenders in the country are kept fresh and on their toes.

The likes of Upson, Shawcross and Joleon "moon head" Lescott are NOT as good as King or Dawson, so why should they play ahead of them?.

Oooh I do love a good rant about Spurs QUALITY

All the top teams this season have had to overcome the handicaps of losing first choice defenders at various times.This is why a strong squads are required as back up.

Spurs dominated the match against Chelsea and could,and should,have won by more.

Absolutely Nige mate.. The ONLY time injuries get mentioned on TV is when one of the so called "big 4" have any.. It's all I heard in the North London derby, Arsenal have no Arshavin or Fabregas. Didn't matter that spurs had No Woodgate, Corluka, Palacios, Lennon, Kranjcar, Woodgate or Jenas. They have played a whole season with what is in reality, their back up centrebacks, midfielders playing as defenders and defenders playing as midfielders BUT there has never been a mention of this when they have been playing. WHY??? :unsure:

All the top teams this season have had to overcome the handicaps of losing first choice defenders at various times.This is why a strong squads are required as back up.

Spurs dominated the match against Chelsea and could,and should,have won by more.

Absolutely Nige mate.. The ONLY time injuries get mentioned on TV is when one of the so called "big 4" have any.. It's all I heard in the North London derby, Arsenal have no Arshavin or Fabregas. Didn't matter that spurs had No Woodgate, Corluka, Palacios, Lennon, Kranjcar, Woodgate or Jenas. They have played a whole season with what is in reality, their back up centrebacks, midfielders playing as defenders and defenders playing as midfielders BUT there has never been a mention of this when they have been playing. WHY??? :unsure:

Oh, 1 more VERY funny thing. Have you noticed how Arse-anal have had all these injuries (Gallas, Fibreglass, Arshavin and until recently Van Persie) BUT Walcott is still only able to make the bench :lol: ... That boy is gooooood :D

Even though you are clearly taking the P**S please never metion Theo Walcott and good in the same sentence!

And about Big Rom ,i completly agree against footballing sides we need him! i hate it when Peter Crouch starts, he ruins everything good about spur's style of play!

Completly off subject here, did anyone see the wendron groundsman on sky sports news today?