Cornwall Football Forum

Witheridge 0v1 St Blazey

Witheridge 0v1 St Blazey. Danny Zallick 80 mins. Att 70. 28 from St Blazey.

A very enjoyable day out. Set off around 11.30am. The sat nav took us down no end of twisting farm tracks. Finally, we found civalisation and a lovely old pub. 9 of us gave them some decent trade and the food was very good. Well worth a visit if your on route to Withy. The ground is only a couple minutes down the road.

Stunning weather in North Devon and we met up with N.D.D. Good to catch up again. Was surprised as the pitch hasnt really moved like we thought was happening but the new floodlights look really good. Wouldnt be surprised if they were the brightest in the league. They look inpressive anyway.

Decent program today and only £5 for a enty/prog and 50-50 ticket!!

Not a great game to watch to be honest. Very little decent football with Withy making the best openings in the first half. They had 3 decent eforts on goal while St Blazey had only about 2 efforts that didnt even trouble their goalkeeper.

Second half was much the same but the introduction of Josh Higman gave St Blazey some much needed pace down the right and St Blazey began to make some half chances. Finally with 10 minute to go, a mistake from the Withy left back gave Higman the chance to cross and Danny Zallick headed past the advancing keeper to send the away fans wild!!! :yahoo: Withy added some late pressure but never troubled St Blazeys goal.

MOM. Tom Backler, GK. Made some vital saves.

Look forward to Withy when they visit Blaize Park in a couple weeks. See you all then. :thumbsup:

A38 M5 Turn off Junc 27 - Onto A362 (North Devon Link Road )second turn off for Tiverton follow A396 then B3137 to Witheridge.... Who needs a Sat Sat !

Anyway Paul, great result for you Guys.

Thing is Urby, that route takes alot longer than going cross county!! One group took that route and left half hour before us and only arrived just before we did taking on quite a few extra miles. Saying that, if we were going there for a mid week match, id go the way you sugest.

As you say though, good result. Gives us hope if we want to stay in the top 6.

Well what can i say???? nothing except it's goals that win games not possesion and chances.

Great following for Blazey again who didn't stop the banter all afternoon.

good to catch up with Dan and Paul look forward to seeing you again in a fortnight.

BUT IT WAS A DEFINATE PENALTY. :lol::lol:

PS really appreciate the program comment Paul as me and my wife produce that from our hallway.

Well what can i say???? nothing except it's goals that win games not possesion and chances.

Great following for Blazey again who didn't stop the banter all afternoon.

good to catch up with Dan and Paul look forward to seeing you again in a fortnight.

BUT IT WAS A DEFINATE PENALTY. :lol::lol:

PS really appreciate the program comment Paul as me and my wife produce that from our hallway.

Seconded - programme much improved, well done!

We all felt very warmly welcomed at your club today - the hospitality was second to none. Hopefully we can return the favour in a couple of weeks.

Todays program ticks all the boxes really.

Glossy colour front cover.

Opening comments.

Withy fixtures.

League table.

SWPL news round up.

Stats, Goalscores, Att, etc.

2nd team table fixtures.

Todays team line ups.

East and West tables.

Other odd bits plus adverts.

Glad you liked the support N.D.D. We always enjoy the longer trips. The new league has given us that and you cany knock the day out. Be good to see Stoke Gabriel come up next season from the East division.

Todays program ticks all the boxes really.

Glossy colour front cover.

Opening comments.

Withy fixtures.

League table.

SWPL news round up.

Stats, Goalscores, Att, etc.

2nd team table fixtures.

Todays team line ups.

East and West tables.

Other odd bits plus adverts.

Glad you liked the support N.D.D. We always enjoy the longer trips. The new league has given us that and you cany knock the day out. Be good to see Stoke Gabriel come up next season from the East division.

Paul - I think it looks much more likely to be Royal Marines after yesterday's results. It depends whether they can make their games in hand count for points.