Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Can you post your scores, scorers and attendances on this thread please.

I won't be back until late as tonight is "RACE NIGHT" AT THE MAGPIES VENUE. 7.30pm ALL WELCOME Bar Open)

Cornwall Combination League

SATURDAY 17TH APRIL

Hayle Reserves (Matt Thomas, Graham Stirr, Nick Webber, Ashley Matthews) 4-0 Ludgvan

Att - 35

Helston Athletic (Neil Southall) 1-2 Perranwell (Tom Hardwick, Luke Brabyn)

Att - 35

Illogan RBL (Danny Williams) 1-0 Falmouth Town Reserves

Att - 30

Mullion (Chris Ensink 2, Garath Mason) 3-1 Troon (Lee Gribble)

Att - 30

Porthleven Reserves (Nick Perry, Sam Pascoe, Daniel Grigg, Steve Williams) 4-2 Newquay Reserves (Jack Bevan 2)

Att - 35

Portreath (Matt Doble) 1-3 Wendron CC United (Rob Dunn 3)

Att - 17

St Agnes (Gavin Bennett) 1-1 St Just (Nathan Jackson)

Att - 50

St Day (Matt Salmon, Bryan Hawke) 2-0 St Ives Town

Att - 40

TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 31 21 10 0 102 22 80 73

ILLOGAN RBL 26 21 2 3 87 19 68 65

PERRANWELL 27 19 6 2 71 20 51 63

ST DAY 29 20 2 7 106 49 57 62

TROON 31 16 6 9 79 41 38 54

NEWQUAY RESERVES 32 17 3 12 79 51 28 54

HELSTON ATHLETIC 27 17 1 9 103 37 66 52

ST JUST 28 16 4 8 83 40 43 52

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 30 16 4 10 76 53 23 52

PENZANCE RESERVES 30 15 3 12 75 62 13 48

ST AGNES 26 13 4 9 78 47 31 43

MULLION 30 11 5 14 53 69 -16 38

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 32 12 5 15 53 80 -27 38*

RNAS CULDROSE 23 10 1 11 46 49 -3 34

ST IVES TOWN 30 10 3 17 52 71 -19 33

HAYLE RESERVES 28 9 4 15 54 56 -2 28*

HOLMAN SC 31 7 2 22 46 92 -46 23

WENDRON CC UNITED 31 3 4 24 51 126 -75 13

LUDGVAN 30 1 3 26 28 139 -111 6

PORTREATH 30 0 0 30 21 221 -200 0

Helston Athletic 1 Perranwell 2

ATT 35

Think a draw would of been a fair result from the game. Helstons goal came from a good cross from Mark Wood into the box, Southall i believe then got on the end of it to put it in the net not sure if it touched a Perranwell player on the way. Both Perranwell goals were easy goals 1st Goal went through the keepers hands and the 2nd bounced over the keeper.

St Day 2-0 St Ives

Att 50ish

St Ives didnt get started till 20 minutes into the game, and it cost them. St day took the lead when the ball was put home from close range, and they made it two nil shortly after after a cross was headed in. After that St Ives really got into the game and had some chances themselves. St Day's keeper made a great save from Chris Locks header which could have put them back into the game, and then a couple of minutes later Ross Duncans Effort was tipped over aswell. Second half was basically the same, both teams creating some chances but not scoring. Again both keepers made some great saves to keep the the scoreline 2-0.

Ref was ok made a few dodgey decisions but it happens. Was a great, fairly contested game to play in with both teams playing some good football at times. Good luck to St Day for the rest of the season.

Porthleven 4 - 2 Newquay

Newquay capped off a disaterous week by letting a two-goal half-time lead slip. Despite two early goals and a hatful of first half chances, Newquay allowed a spirited fightback by Porthleven in the second half, with the third and fourth Port goals extremely well taken.

Newquay put together a makeshift side with a number of youngsters, but there is certainly no excuse for the lack of spirit that was on show at times in the second half. Even if experienced players are missing, this Newquay side should be capable of beating most sides in the Combination League.

A much better performance is required against Troon on Tuesday night.

Attendance - 30

St Day 2-0 St Ives

Att 50ish

St Ives didnt get started till 20 minutes into the game, and it cost them. St day took the lead when the ball was put home from close range, and they made it two nil shortly after after a cross was headed in. After that St Ives really got into the game and had some chances themselves. St Day's keeper made a great save from Chris Locks header which could have put them back into the game, and then a couple of minutes later Ross Duncans Effort was tipped over aswell. Second half was basically the same, both teams creating some chances but not scoring. Again both keepers made some great saves to keep the the scoreline 2-0.

Ref was ok made a few dodgey decisions but it happens. Was a great, fairly contested game to play in with both teams playing some good football at times. Good luck to St Day for the rest of the season.

Watched some of this match and i agree that it was played in the correct manner.I don't think that the referee even had to speak to a player from either side. :thumbsup:

Mullion 3 - 1 Troon (Att 35 ish)

Two depleated sides went head to head, after Troons 4 - 0 win at home last week much fancies a simular result. Mullion had other ideas though, i dont know names of thier goal scorers, but they took the lead just before half time with a good shot from the edge of the box. Troon were poor thorughout and didnt deserve the shirt they was wearing let alone 3 points!! HT 1-0

Mullion came out of the changing rooms alot quicker than Troon and grabbed their 2nd goal on the 46th Min after a mistake from the defence allowed the Mullion striker to square it for his partner, on the field, not sure about off....and he slotted it in to make it 2-0, Troon changed things around and finally went 4-4-2 and things changed for the better, they brought on 2 youngsters from our 2nd team how both in their own ways had a play in Troons fightback, Troon grabbed their goal when the ball was bouncing around in the middle of the park only for Lee Gribble to unleash one from all of 40yards and it floated into the top corner leaving the keeper helpless.

Troon were pushing for their equalisher and even the manager himself came on, reliving 1992 when he was in his prime, matt "badger" harris came on, and his appealing was second to none, other than the ref, and lino, and probably all of the fans! lol. Troon broke forward like a swarm of bees, which made a change from their reluctant approach to the game prior to going behind, lost the ball, and then Mullion broke and Troons keeper miss kicked the ball straight to a mullion striker, who had a simple run in to make it 3-1.

Ref watch.....never a great start when the ref wears glaases to be honest is it....i thought if players cant wear them then there must be a "guideline" to say refs must invest in contacts?! he fell deep in love with the centre spot, not leaving it for more than 60 seconds max!lol, but all in all didnt have any major decisons to make so he done ok.

Mullion fully deserved their win, Troon are away to Newquay on tue night and need to change things around if they are to stand any chance of finishing in the top6/8.

MOTM_Mullions big centre half......not sure of the name, bue he put his head on everything, and didnt allow troon to use their usual Bolton like tactics!!

St Agnes 1 - 1 St Just

nice warm day on a bone dry pitch, a game against St Just isn't what the doctor would have ordered!

St Just took the lead with a good finish from their man out on the left, Nathan something! They had a good shout for a penalty turned away as ref Kev Knowles didn't see it! fair shout I suppose, but if he had seen it, then possibly could have given a pen.

We equalised through Gav Bennetts. Either side could have won the game, our keeper made a couple of top drawer saves and some great defending by Gary Matthews???? saved St Just at the end.

Draw fair result I think, in front of a crowd that swelled to over 50!

Can't beleive that Birdy is only 26 either! not having that!

On a funnier note, Knowlesy was suffering from cramp after about 10 minutes!! hahaha

Hayle 4 - Ludgvan 0

Really fustrating game to play in more like American football with all the stoppages and Ludgvan keeper taking bloody ages to place a goal kick and finally kick it! Poor performance from Hayle with Nick Webber getting a goal just before half time after we made and missed way to many chances. 2nd half much the same fustration creeping in so did shooting from 30 yards which didnt help us! Matt thomas then scored a header followed by Ashley Matthews goal of the game a 25 yard half volley hit sweetly over the keeper, then a lot more missed chances and shooting from silly angles (my fault) and 30 yards shots before we got the 4th late on with Graham Stirr header. Should have been double figures. 3 points a good little run going now hope we can carry it on rest of the season.

St Agnes 1 - 1 St Just

nice warm day on a bone dry pitch, a game against St Just isn't what the doctor would have ordered!

St Just took the lead with a good finish from their man out on the left, Nathan something! They had a good shout for a penalty turned away as ref Kev Knowles didn't see it! fair shout I suppose, but if he had seen it, then possibly could have given a pen.

We equalised through Gav Bennetts. Either side could have won the game, our keeper made a couple of top drawer saves and some great defending by Gary Matthews???? saved St Just at the end.

Draw fair result I think, in front of a crowd that swelled to over 50!

Can't beleive that Birdy is only 26 either! not having that!

On a funnier note, Knowlesy was suffering from cramp after about 10 minutes!! hahaha

You'd best believe it Darren! I must be one of the only people who have to produce their driving licence to prove how young they are!! What I couldn't believe is you asking me who i was going to play vets for!!!!! Cheeky Git :SM_carton: :lol: