Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results 20/03/2010

Duchy League Results 20/03/2010

Many thanks to the League's Fixtures Secretary for providing these so quick.

Dave Deacon

Premier Division

Fowey United 2 - 3 St Mawgan

Lamerton 5 - 1 Foxhole Stars

Looe Town 3 - 2 Pensilva

St Cleer 1 - 4 Saltash United

St Dominick 0 - 6 St Teath

Torpoint Athletic 1 - 2 Gunnislake

1 Torpoint Athletic 21 16 1 4 46 46 *

2 St Teath 16 14 1 1 67 43

3 Fowey United 20 11 1 8 32 34

4 Gunnislake 14 10 3 1 27 33

5 Lamerton 18 8 4 6 -8 28

6 Saltash United 15 8 2 5 0 26

7 St Cleer 20 6 4 10 -14 22

8 St Mawgan 17 6 2 9 -8 20

9 Looe Town 13 4 4 5 -7 16

10 Foxhole Stars 17 3 2 12 -39 14 *

11 St Dominick 15 2 2 11 -32 8

12 Pensilva 20 0 4 16 -64 4

First Division

Bodmin Saints 0 - 1 Mevagissey

Godolphin Atlantic P - P Maker with Rame

Launceston United P - P Boscastle

St Stephen 2 - 2 Probus

Tywardreath RBL 0 - 0 Altarnun

Week St Mary 1 - 2 Grampound

Second Division

Calstock P - P Camelford

Delabole United 1 - 6 Polperro

Holywell & Cubert 2 - 1 Bere Alston United

Lostwithiel 4 - 1 St Breward

Lanreath 1 - 0 Pelynt

St Newlyn East 8 - 1 AFC Bodmin

Third Division

Gunnislake Reserves 4 - 2 Gorran

Pensilva Reserves 1 - 4 Premier Sixes

St Dennis P - P Roche

St Minver 2 - 2 Nanpean Rovers

Stratton United (?) P - P AFC St Austell

Stratton United (?) P - P Biscovey

Fourth Division

Altarnun Reserves 1 - 4 Southgate

Lewdown Rovers 1 - 0 Mount Charles

St Teath Reserves 0 - 3 Callington Town

Stoke Climsland P - P Newquay Minor (Unable to raise side)

Tintagel 3 - 2 North Petherwin

Fifth Division

Boscastle Reserves 3 - 2 Bridgerule

Charlestown Saints P - P Padstow United

Mevagissey Reserves 1 - 1 St Newlyn East Reserves

North Hill 5 - 1 Delabole United Reserves

Pelynt Reserves 4 - 4 St Cleer Reserves

St Mawgan Reserves 2 - 0 Duke of Cornwall

Duchy Div. 1

Week St Mary 1-2 Grampound

Week had lots of possession but created very little. Grampound goals from Ryan Orchard in the first half and substitute Mike Sweet with 5 minutes left with a terrific effort from 40 yards when he spotted the home keeper off his line.

boscastle res 3-2 bridgerule !!! great result for boscastle res and fully desevered a little fortunate at times especailly when they gave away the pen and the player on the line catching the ball could have been sent off but they also played some great football and if it wasn't for some blantent offside calls from the bridgerule linesman the result could have been a bigger win but well done to boscastle and also good luck to bridgerule for rest of season and it a shame they have lost there way cos i thought they were going the walk this division 5

Bodmin Saints 0 - 1 Mevagissey

What a very good game of football this was. Now let me just get this bit out of the way: Saints should have had four or five whilst Meva' really only deserved their solitary goal. Okay said and done! This was junior football at its best. Great entertainment throughout. For me; man of the match was easily (Deejay)Dave Jeffries. Deejay gave a superb performance without a shred of luck.

Well done to both sides for just playing football.

played in a very tight match, which we (north petherwin) lost 3-2 at Tintagel today, very well reffed (and needed to be) as things were getting well out of hand and tackles going in that could have really injured somebody and this is obviously not wanted, especially in low league football. just a little disapointed that there was no grace or sportsmanship shown, not just during but mostly afterwards. i do still beleive in the very english trait of being magnanimous in victory as we all like a win but not to overly rub it in and i did feel very let down when there was intimidating chanting and gesturing when all is needed is a well done/ hard luck gentlemanly handshake, lets have a beer etc...................neevr mind, heres to hoping for better times soon

played in a very tight match, which we (north petherwin) lost 3-2 at Tintagel today, very well reffed (and needed to be) as things were getting well out of hand and tackles going in that could have really injured somebody and this is obviously not wanted, especially in low league football. just a little disapointed that there was no grace or sportsmanship shown, not just during but mostly afterwards. i do still beleive in the very english trait of being magnanimous in victory as we all like a win but not to overly rub it in and i did feel very let down when there was intimidating chanting and gesturing when all is needed is a well done/ hard luck gentlemanly handshake, lets have a beer etc...................neevr mind, heres to hoping for better times soon

In both games that we (Grampound Reserves) played against Tintagel this season we found that they were overly physical, lots of studs up tackles, players leading with elbows, kicking people after they've cleared the ball, delberate pushing, two footed late tackles etc. Having spoken to a number of different clubs throughout the season this appears to be the norm for them; about time something was done as there's going to be players suffering broken legs against them otherwise. :SM_carton:

Torpoint 1 v 2 Gunnislake

K.Hatch

J.Kelly

And i think torpoints goalscorer was skippy8!? if not im sure he will correct me!

A really good match 2day with 2 good teams playing sum good footie and it was great 2 get the 3 points 2day now another big game 2moro in the cup quarter final!

Torpoint 1 v 2 Gunnislake

K.Hatch

J.Kelly

And i think torpoints goalscorer was skippy8!? if not im sure he will correct me!

A really good match 2day with 2 good teams playing sum good footie and it was great 2 get the 3 points 2day now another big game 2moro in the cup quarter final!

Bed Mini.

In both games that we (Grampound Reserves) played against Tintagel this season we found that they were overly physical, lots of studs up tackles, players leading with elbows, kicking people after they've cleared the ball, delberate pushing, two footed late tackles etc. Having spoken to a number of different clubs throughout the season this appears to be the norm for them; about time something was done as there's going to be players suffering broken legs against them otherwise. :SM_carton:

I seem to remeber shaking hands with the North Petherwn team at the end of the match and again when you all left the club house after food. We invited you to join the raffle afterwards, which one of you won. I also shared several jokes with some of your players both during the game and before about the fog. Please don't mistake our team pride and our joy at winning and keeping pressure on the top of the table for unsporting behaviour. We are a young side who have had several difficult years on and off the pitch so us having a good season is something for us to be proud of and sing about.

As for the inflammatory Grampound comment about "time something was done" isn't that what the Ref is there for?

Tintagel were no different at Sticker earlier in the season, needless late tackles and generally thuggish behaviour! One of their guys got sent off that day (bald guy, CM I think), and there could have been more.

That said, they are a decent side and will be sure to be there thereabouts come the end of the season.

to be fair to the tintagel post there were handshakes etc on the final whistle and some freindly banter too, but we were disappointed in how there was a great deal of needless late, dangerous fouls followed by shrugs of shoulders as if that is entirely normal and to be expected. We only had 2 subs and one of them was a young lad so we didnt even use him for fear that he would be turned upside down which wouldnt be fair on him. They will finish near the top and at times played nice football but i do think if this is the norm, many points have been bullied off young teams with a 'well thats what you get up ere my ansome' attitude and it isnt very cool. done

ps....get insurance people

Guest PUAFC Gaffer

Charlestown P v P Padstow United Duchy 5

I wasn't very happy having our game with Charlestown called off at such a late stage. I received the call just as we were entering Roche at 1.15. Thats very late especially as St Austell hadn't had any rain since 10.30 that morning,(Blowsy lives just 5 minutes away form the ground) and a pitch inspection had been done at 11 and deemed playable. We travelled over, and to be truthful there were 6 puddles on the pitch down the side,(and no more rain to be seen) but solid all over. 10 minutes with a fork and brush would have seen it more than playable. We have played on far worse pitches. the ball rolled every where, even over the small puddles. A referee deemed it unplayable and you have to be guided by them, although with 3 qualified refs on our team all agreeing that with a bit of forking, the ground would have been more than playable. We have done the same on several occasions this season, at home, and turned a wet pitch into a playable pitch, which is why we have played more games than anyone else (only 1 home game postponed).On the plus side they were very good to us and opened the bar and served up some food. Nice set up over there and their under 10 side, I think won on the day, and they were cheerful.Looking forward to going back,good banter and food, cheers lads.Dont want to have a go,just needed to moan a bit lol.

to be fair to the tintagel post there were handshakes etc on the final whistle and some freindly banter too, but we were disappointed in how there was a great deal of needless late, dangerous fouls followed by shrugs of shoulders as if that is entirely normal and to be expected. We only had 2 subs and one of them was a young lad so we didnt even use him for fear that he would be turned upside down which wouldnt be fair on him. They will finish near the top and at times played nice football but i do think if this is the norm, many points have been bullied off young teams with a 'well thats what you get up ere my ansome' attitude and it isnt very cool. done

We found then same Mongoose; it wasn't just the late tackles it was the encouragement of it from the sideline as well. Also if you said anything you got "stop moaning" etc. Well you're going to moan if after you clear the ball a player is jumping in two footed at you with no attempt whatsoever to play the ball! I'm all for hard fair tackles & accept that misstimed tackles are part of the game; I've even been guilty of the odd striker just being a bit quicker to the ball than me & me catching him late. When we played Tintagel it was the only game I've ever played when I actually feared for my own safety.

typical tintagel take it from me as i'm from the neighbouring village team there are some good players in there team shame about some of there so called football players come kickboxers

We found then same Mongoose; it wasn't just the late tackles it was the encouragement of it from the sideline as well. Also if you said anything you got "stop moaning" etc. Well you're going to moan if after you clear the ball a player is jumping in two footed at you with no attempt whatsoever to play the ball! I'm all for hard fair tackles & accept that misstimed tackles are part of the game; I've even been guilty of the odd striker just being a bit quicker to the ball than me & me catching him late. When we played Tintagel it was the only game I've ever played when I actually feared for my own safety.

stop moaning the main call of the day

counter-call being please stop going in off your feet then

I feel the need to reply again to a couple of points. Grampound, the only reason you should have feared for your safety was the state of your pitch. North Petherwin, we had two players end up in Bodmin minor injuries with broken bones because of your late tackles but we don't moan because it is a man's contact sport. Boscastle ( Neville I think), being a neighbouring village you should know the kickboxer in our team has left two years ago and is entering the cage fighting tournaments this year.

Guest Ryan H

Well u gotta laugh at this thread really.some really soft comments unfortunately.listen its a mans game.admitedly we play a firm physically style but we play good clean football.alas sometimes tempers rise and words are exchanged but 90% of the games are played with good sportsmanship,everyteam loses or every player on teams lose there cool now and again,we wuddnt b humans otherwise.man up the lot of u,expect defeat and good luck with the rest of the season.

I feel the need to reply again to a couple of points. Grampound, the only reason you should have feared for your safety was the state of your pitch. North Petherwin, we had two players end up in Bodmin minor injuries with broken bones because of your late tackles but we don't moan because it is a man's contact sport. Boscastle ( Neville I think), being a neighbouring village you should know the kickboxer in our team has left two years ago and is entering the cage fighting tournaments this year.

Guest Ryan H

Guest Ryan H

Well u gotta laugh at this thread really.some really soft comments unfortunately.listen its a mans game.admitedly we play a firm physically style but we play good clean football.alas sometimes tempers rise and words are exchanged but 90% of the games are played with good sportsmanship,everyteam loses or every player on teams lose there cool now and again,we wuddnt b humans otherwise.man up the lot of u,expect defeat and good luck with the rest of the season.

We had the same at tintagel but were lucky we had a good ref,who actually sent 1 of there players off for stamping. Awesome discipline ans sportsmanship shown before during and after. Shoutin before game from the changing room, and after bangin in our changing room wall and being overly aggressive. No hand shacks ever. During the game the supporters were encouraging the players from the sidelines to tackle hard and go through them. We were lucky me matched them in tackles and give as good as we got, only way to play tintagel. If you don't go in hard you will certainly come out with broken legs. 1 of there players even knocked out his own team mate after the game, says it all!!!

We had the same at tintagel but were lucky we had a good ref,who actually sent 1 of there players off for stamping. Awesome discipline ans sportsmanship shown before during and after. Shoutin before game from the changing room, and after bangin in our changing room wall and being overly aggressive. No hand shacks ever. During the game the supporters were encouraging the players from the sidelines to tackle hard and go through them. We were lucky me matched them in tackles and give as good as we got, only way to play tintagel. If you don't go in hard you will certainly come out with broken legs. 1 of there players even knocked out his own team mate after the game, says it all!!!

Yes a player was sent off and he was an idiot for stamping. As for not handshaking thats wrong, we shook your hands at the end of the game. The bit about knocking one of our own players out is an absolute lie, it never happened. There was a slight altercation at your place between two players who had issues with each other, one of whom has now been kicked out of the team for that fight and embarrassing the team and the other one was fined. The walls of our changing rooms are solid breeze block so we would break our hands before you heard us next door! Gerrans is a bigger and stronger team than us so it was a competative match, you scored all of your goals by out muscling us in the box which is all part of the game.

I remember at your ground, your bench shouting abuse at our players and some of your supporters doing the same. It's part of football wether we like it or not. The only difference between us and the professional game is that when there are only 3 men and a dog around the edge of the pitch you can hear every comment said where as in a large stadium individual comments are lost in the general noise. You get supporters shouting at every ground at ever level of football all across the country, its part of the game.

Guest Cornish Carlton Palmer

yeah boffnet I was playing for big G v you and don't remember any real issues. Your keeper gave verbals to anyone who came near him which was unnecessary but quite funny in the end, he seems pretty nuts although made some quality saves. Was a hard game, I came on at half time and was limping within 5 minutes but tis part of the game and I'm worse than Anderton for picking up little knocks anyway. Definitely shook hands too, even the keeper. Think Glanners is yanking the ol chain a bit somehow... as for the crowd abuse, I don't recall anything much in either game, certainly not like we had at Sticker last week where there was probably more watching than at Argyle the same day! its all a bloody game ain't it? wouldn't get too wound up on an online forum, just make sure you lose your last few games so there's 1 less team to worry about it in the title race... cheers nice one

yeah boffnet I was playing for big G v you and don't remember any real issues. Your keeper gave verbals to anyone who came near him which was unnecessary but quite funny in the end, he seems pretty nuts although made some quality saves. Was a hard game, I came on at half time and was limping within 5 minutes but tis part of the game and I'm worse than Anderton for picking up little knocks anyway. Definitely shook hands too, even the keeper. Think Glanners is yanking the ol chain a bit somehow... as for the crowd abuse, I don't recall anything much in either game, certainly not like we had at Sticker last week where there was probably more watching than at Argyle the same day! its all a bloody game ain't it? wouldn't get too wound up on an online forum, just make sure you lose your last few games so there's 1 less team to worry about it in the title race... cheers nice one

I'm not wound up, its all good banter. As for our keeper, well, theres a topic all in its own! I think over the last couple of years we have developed a built in filter to ignore his noise. We'll try to loose for you dude but we keep acidentally scoring goals. Bad habit that!

Guest Ryan H

Yes dont worry about our keeper,hes got little mans syndrome,we take the p**s out of him all the time as shud u lot :) but bare in mind we wont b losin anoymore games for the rest of the season,not if i have anything to do with it anyway.the pressure is on u.hopefully c u in division 3.good luck :)

good luck to both of you sides in div 3 (gerrans and tintagel) it looks very much like it will end with you both above sticker/lewdown etc but who knows at the mo maybe 3rd/4th may get a late call up with teams dropping in and out etc. interesting division to say the least

Guest Ryan H

good luck to both of you sides in div 3 (gerrans and tintagel) it looks very much like it will end with you both above sticker/lewdown etc but who knows at the mo maybe 3rd/4th may get a late call up with teams dropping in and out etc. interesting division to say the least

yes mate,its a good competetive divison and hotting up quite nicely,shame about players moanin over a physical game being played physically.still thats there problem.who are u anyway,it says in earlier posts ur from a neighbouring village and i dont know many other liverpool supporters(not supprisingly with reasont results lol)around here apart from me & boffnet!! :)

yes mate,its a good competetive divison and hotting up quite nicely,shame about players moanin over a physical game being played physically.still thats there problem.who are u anyway,it says in earlier posts ur from a neighbouring village and i dont know many other liverpool supporters(not supprisingly with reasont results lol)around here apart from me & boffnet!! :)

the neighbouring village post was from username 'get in' mate. i am one of the unlucky reds fans from launceston area, think we are staring at 6th place now...bring back voronin!

I wasn't very happy having our game with Charlestown called off at such a late stage. I received the call just as we were entering Roche at 1.15. Thats very late especially as St Austell hadn't had any rain since 10.30 that morning,(Blowsy lives just 5 minutes away form the ground) and a pitch inspection had been done at 11 and deemed playable. We travelled over, and to be truthful there were 6 puddles on the pitch down the side,(and no more rain to be seen) but solid all over. 10 minutes with a fork and brush would have seen it more than playable. We have played on far worse pitches. the ball rolled every where, even over the small puddles. A referee deemed it unplayable and you have to be guided by them, although with 3 qualified refs on our team all agreeing that with a bit of forking, the ground would have been more than playable. We have done the same on several occasions this season, at home, and turned a wet pitch into a playable pitch, which is why we have played more games than anyone else (only 1 home game postponed).On the plus side they were very good to us and opened the bar and served up some food. Nice set up over there and their under 10 side, I think won on the day, and they were cheerful.Looking forward to going back,good banter and food, cheers lads.Dont want to have a go,just needed to moan a bit lol.

As Charlestown Manager, i was gutted to hear the game was off, even though myself a handful of others were away in Butlins.

Im yet to find out why a decision was made so late, as ive been laid up with an horrific american football injury, suffered at Butlins! But I believe there was an early morning inspection, that passed. We had a squad lined up with several fringe players in the side fired up and rearing to go with 3 regulars out of contention, so its very disappointed for me personally to have another postponement.

With regards to forking, i know from my own struggles that our pitch doesnt seem to even drain with forking, i even got that frustrated once (believe it was the postponed Bridgerule game) that i attempted to fork down the water for 3 and half hours with out success, that i snapped the fork in half and went for a pint!

Im glad, however, that my lads put on some hospitality to the visitors, who i personally have alot of respect for.

the neighbouring village post was from username 'get in' mate. i am one of the unlucky reds fans from launceston area, think we are staring at 6th place now...bring back voronin!

I think we (liverpool) would struggle in Duchy 4 at the moment, just not physical enough!!! Maybe we could switch Reina for our (Tintagel's) keeper, Jamie surrounded by 40,000 scousers, now that would be funny!

Guest Ryan H

I think we (liverpool) would struggle in Duchy 4 at the moment, just not physical enough!!! Maybe we could switch Reina for our (Tintagel's) keeper, Jamie surrounded by 40,000 scousers, now that would be funny!

Bring back Peter Beardsley,thats what i say!! lol

As Charlestown Manager, i was gutted to hear the game was off, even though myself a handful of others were away in Butlins.

Im yet to find out why a decision was made so late, as ive been laid up with an horrific american football injury, suffered at Butlins! But I believe there was an early morning inspection, that passed. We had a squad lined up with several fringe players in the side fired up and rearing to go with 3 regulars out of contention, so its very disappointed for me personally to have another postponement.

With regards to forking, i know from my own struggles that our pitch doesnt seem to even drain with forking, i even got that frustrated once (believe it was the postponed Bridgerule game) that i attempted to fork down the water for 3 and half hours with out success, that i snapped the fork in half and went for a pint!

Im glad, however, that my lads put on some hospitality to the visitors, who i personally have alot of respect for.

got to admit jenksy,very nice bunch of lads ya got,very hospitable,food, drink everything,just not the football,lol

we had a few of our regulars out too and thought it would have been a great game,lets just hope that we both have full strength sides when we get to play,should be a cracking game. personally i think the game could have gone on but then again might just be cuz i was so eager to get on the pitch, glad you had good time at butlins and AMERICAN football?????? all the best look forward to coming back ur place, looked like you got a VERY good setup there!

got to admit jenksy,very nice bunch of lads ya got,very hospitable,food, drink everything,just not the football,lol

we had a few of our regulars out too and thought it would have been a great game,lets just hope that we both have full strength sides when we get to play,should be a cracking game. personally i think the game could have gone on but then again might just be cuz i was so eager to get on the pitch, glad you had good time at butlins and AMERICAN football?????? all the best look forward to coming back ur place, looked like you got a VERY good setup there!

Thanks Blowsy, thats kind of ya pal :)

Yeah we have a cracking bunch of lads, who wanted to prove they didnt need me on Saturday!!

I know PUAFC Gaffer thought at the time, we didnt wanna play, so he still made you all travel down... but i would have done the same thing :)

Guest PUAFC Gaffer

Yeah we have a cracking bunch of lads, who wanted to prove they didnt need me on Saturday!!

I know PUAFC Gaffer thought at the time, we didnt wanna play, so he still made you all travel down... but i would have done the same thing :)

Not the case jenksy, we were more than half way there, we ALL wanted to have a look at your set up (Bar), enjoyed the company,hospitality and banter and then all went bowling at ozzle bowl. Theres no malice pointed towards you or the club, everyone from both sides wanted to play, and as i said we need to be guided by the official on the day, his desision!

You know your ground and I can relate to your point about forking.You need to make no excuses to anyone mate, your attitude is great towards football and managing, look forward to coming back. I hope i havent upset anyone it wasnt intended that way.

Hope you are recovering well, see you soon

PS you need to do us a favour and lose 3 points somewhere apart form us, theres only 3 in it I reckon you, us and St Cleer to win, youre looking good for second place even if you lose to us, so if you could just lose anoth..........lol

:thumbsup:

Incidently, here is the American Football injury i suffered at the brutal hands of Treemendous...

dont mean to sound ruse jenksy but........................................

i laughed like **** when i seen that!!!!

bet that hurt :(

you having to sit on a rubber ring????

:thumbsup:

Treemendous, you literally came out of no where like a goblin!!!!

Pablo, make that crap coming out of three places, you forgot my mouth lol!

Blowsy, Im in some state ere...

Coops, hahaha!! Perhaps i uploaded the wrong pic?!

....Either way boys, i went to the hospital yesterday afternoon and matey said i "must be made of iron" to have not damaged my kidneys!!