Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 20/03/2010

Arthur Pearce Cup

Trevenson Utd. 3 .v. Illogan 2nd's 2

Wasn't able to make it to the game today after having an operation early part of the week and, dare I say it, I may stay away more! Fantastic result for us! Hopefully ' Baggie ' or ' Gee ' will provide an insight into the game but from what I've been told we were 3 nil up at one point and had to pull it out of the bag in the second half as we were under pressure. Trevenson goal scorer Carl ' Stretch ' Stretton ( HAT TRICK ). Someone buy that man a beer! Superb result lads, well done.

Div 2

Halsetown 3 Trispen 1

Arthur Pearce Cup

St.Buryan 6 Praze 2 h/t 1-2

The visitors settled quickly and took a 2-0 lead as St.Buryan struggled against the strong wind which blew down the pitch.St.Buryan did pull a goal back just before half time.

The home team equalised early on in the second half and turned the screw with some strong pressure on the Praze back line.

Thanks for the hospitality and good luck to St.Buryan on Easter Monday.Praze are also having a great season and good luck to them in their title quest.I think that this was only their second defeat of the season,the only other being against today's opponents in the Junior Cup.

Arthur Pearce Cup

Wasn't able to make it to the game today after having an operation early part of the week and, dare I say it, I may stay away more! Fantastic result for us! Hopefully ' Baggie ' or ' Gee ' will provide an insight into the game but from what I've been told we were 3 nil up at one point and had to pull it out of the bag in the second half as we were under pressure. Trevenson goal scorer Carl ' Stretch ' Stretton ( HAT TRICK ). Someone buy that man a beer! Superb result lads, well done.

Not a good day for us today Damo....basically we were pants, not in the game for the first 30 minutes & Stretch had

already scored his hatrick, we managed to get one back just before ht. Got given the hair dryer treatment & came out second

half playing much better, scored our second 20 mins in but couldnt get the 3rd. Had 2 disallowed for offside, the 2nd one though was very dubious which sort of summed up our day. Sorry we didnt come back for a drink but was told you dont drink at Trevenson anymore.

Trevenson keeper was M.O.M, some great saves & good performances from Mushy, Sean Isaacs & Scott Grant.

In some way this may be a blessing in disguise, it will bring us down to earth & we'll learn from our mistakes.

Anyway Damo, get well soon, good luck to you Boys in the next round....I'm off to watch England & sink a couple of cold ones.

Arthur Pearce Cup

Yes, very well done. BUT, your reserve team was unable to raise a team today, and informed Gulval Res. at about 12.30pm. May I say that is PISS POOR. Why don't Gulval automatically receive a 5 nil victory, 3 points, and Trevenson get fined a couple of hundred quid with a 3 point deduction? Our pitch was marked out, our pitch rental fee has to be paid. Can't raise a team? Well do us all a favour, pack up and stay at home for good. Don't waste everyone's time.

Mining 1

Chacewater 1 - 2 Goonhavern

Goonhavern started the game well and created a number of chances without putting any of them away. Chacewater slowly came into the game and their centre forward fired over when through on goal. Goonhavern took the lead a few moments later when a mix up in the Chacewater defence left Sam Waters with an open goal. Half ended 1-0 to Goonhavern.

Second half started and Chacewater equalised when their player finished well despite appearing to be offside. Goonhavern began to dominate the game and had numerous openings but for Chacewater's keeper pulling off a string of fine saves. Goonhavern restored the lead when Glenn Rogers pinged a 30 yard free kick into the top bin - is there anything this guy can't do? Chacewater had one chance towards the end but their striker couldn't capitalise on our mistake.

Game ended 2-1 to Goonhavern to claim their first win in the league for over a month. Good luck to Chacewater for the remainder of the season.

is that true whuru??

shocking if it is

whatever happened to the respect campaign??

It must of bypassed Rosudgeon! But i'm told this is correct, expensive day for the club and players :SM_carton:

As one of the ones who suffered a red card in this game the 'Respect Campaign' bears no relevance. Our first red card was for one of our players whilst walking off the pitch to be replaced (by his request) swearing under his breath to our manager to hurry up. Bang. First Red??? of course swearing is considered a no no but if it is disregarded for 80 minutes then warrants a red card out of the blue then who exactly commands respect? Bewildered but determined we carried on, Winning 1-0 all the while asking the ref how long we had, to which he offered no reply, nor reaction. Two minutes later I get tangled up with a player 30 - 40 yards from our goal we get caught up, usual shirt grab fall on the floor fiasco - ref blows for a free kick. Next thing I know is I am in a headlock and being pinned to the ground by the ginger whinger (Perranporth's delectable #8) in which case a scuffle ensues with players. Me and the chap I tangled with had no involvement with this and then, as it gets a bit handbags, the 'Ref' manhandles one of our players who he promptly sends off. - It calms down, he gives them 10 yards on the free kick we set the wall, then out of the blue he comes over to me and takes my name and shows me the red. I walk off without fuss trying to 'RESPECT' the 'Ref's decision but when he single handedly a) influences the outcome of a game of football B) performs inconsistently throughout 90 mins what respect does he command. I am grateful for a game on a Saturday but to suffer at the hand of this official was the worst experience in 15yrs of junior football. No cards or talking to for the 'Common Assault' I suffered from handsome. Joke. Respect is earned, not given. Two weeks ago we had a 15yr old lad reffing - flawless, fair and flowing. He has my respect, not a senior gentleman with selective hearing and a desire to manipulate a perfectly good game of football. All the while telling tales of his qualifications, I have a puffin 50m badge, don't go on about it though just do me thing for 90 mins like all 23 should.

Thats pretty hard to understand but it looks like you think the ref had a bad game?? :SM_carton:

Guest bertie

Mining 3

Goonhavern Res 2 - 0 Madron Res

Our game wasn't as interesting as the Rosgudeon/Perranporth game....comfortably took the points against a battling Madron side...that failed to trouble our keeper throughout the game....elements spoiled it a little and it was going to be the first side to master them that would win it...goals in the 1st half came from a Carl Laity double..one a tap in...and the other a lovely 25 yard free-kick that gave the keeper no chance...Our ref was spot on...and Madron played their part...so no complaints....

Wish Madron well in their remaining games this season....

Heard that Newlyn NA beat Storm 5-2 i think.

you thinks right soccer follower poor performance on a poor pitch fit for cattle and thats that!! take nothing away from newlyn they worked hard and deserved the win we only had 10 men just before kick off and tasky had to play great performance from tasky but if we had, had the team out we have had for the last few weeks we would have beaten them all hands up!! well done newlyn!!

Mount Ambrose 0-3 Titans

Thought titans done well to compose themselves throughout this game considering mount ambroses' players had nothin else on their minds other than to kick every titan player for 90 minutes ;) centre half and captain for mount were the worst. centre half actually punching one of the titans lads, with the ball 20 yards away football was the winner with titans playing the football :).

Trevenson 3-2 Illogan

I wasn't going to post as so annoyed at our result on sat but I don't want to be seen as only posting when we win.

Absolute shocker from us on sat went out thinking we won it before we started, would like to say we lost to a better side but we didn't which makes it harder to take.

I also don't want to take anything away from Trevenson they battled their socks off for the 90+, the keeper was outstanding, a couple of close offside decisions went their way, it was well ref'd so can't blame him either.

Im currently holding out for an admin error to come to our rescue ha ha.

Heard that Newlyn NA beat Storm 5-2 i think.

you thinks right soccer follower poor performance on a poor pitch fit for cattle and thats that!! take nothing away from newlyn they worked hard and deserved the win we only had 10 men just before kick off and tasky had to play great performance from tasky but if we had, had the team out we have had for the last few weeks we would have beaten them all hands up!! well done newlyn!!

yep agreed our pitch at Newlyn is not the best. we pay someone a lot of money for rental and upkeep, and basically it doesnt get done.. we're trying to fix this, we want it more than anyone.. we always prefere playing on a flat surface.

By the way we also were under-strength, thats the nature of the game.. we kicked off late waiting for your other players to turn up, which they didnt. But a win's a win, always nice to beat Storm. We're used to it now ;)