Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Cup Semi-final

Just reading the comments about the St day 'v' St Agnes game at Illogan last sunday & made me think......In what way is Mullion a nuetral pitch for a semi final for teams based in Redruth & Culdrose...?

I think teams offer there facilities at the start of the season which is fair enough, surely an alternative should have been made available once the draw was made.

The venues are decided at the Combo meeting when those who are not participating put their club forward to host it!....only Mullion and Illogan offered. As I mentioned in a previous post, the league committee tended to forget that we(Culdrose) were still in it when the draw was made, I kept having to shout out "or Culdrose" whenever Illogan v Penzance was mentioned. Even the CCFA website has had it down as Illogan v Penzance?

Mullion would have been an ideal venue for a team from Redruth and a team from Penzance?...que sera sera?

It's as Scooby says, once we are down to the semi-finalists the league offer the clubs the chance to host the final and semi-finals. They cannot insist on a club hosting a match so when they asked who wanted to host the Illogan v Penzance/Culdrose match Mullion volunteered, similarly the other semi, Illogan put their name forward. They then asked who wanted the final and Penryn said they would run it.

Other clubs have the chance so please don't blame the league's committee, blame the clubs who didn't want to put their name forward.

I wasnt at the meeting but im sure we here at mullion will try and make it as welcoming for both teams regardless of where they are from. Im sure Culdrose will get some support but seeing as our 2nds have culdrose away in the cup on saturday dependant on the result the mullion faithful will be cheering on illogan anyway!!! and im sure that all those who travelled all the way to wadebridge on a thursday night wouldnt mind the smaller trip down to mullion on a sunday afternoon anyway?

Get down there early as we are showing Man U vs Liverpool on the big screen- a perfect warm up to a very entertaining afternoon!

Beers cheap too :thumbsup: