Cornwall Football Forum

Manager of the Season

Vote for your manager of the season   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been your manager of the Season ?

• Bobmin Town - darren gilbert
    • Bovey Tracey - Tom kelly
    • Buckland Ath - phil bayliss
    • Cullompton Rangers - lee annunziata
    • Dartmouth afc - jamie bennellick
    • Elburton villa - scott bamford
    • Falmouth town - alan carey
    • Holsworthy - mickey clarke
    • Ivybridge town - nicky marker
    • Launceston - joe davey
    • Liskeard Ath - leigh cooper
    • Penzance - trevor mewton
    • Plymouth Parkway - dave leonard
    • Saltash UTD - kevin hendy
    • St.Blazey - glynn hooper
    • Tavistock - ian southcott
    • Torpoint Ath - stuart dudley
    • Wadebridge - mike beckett
    • Witheridge - chris vinnicombe

Which manager do you feel has been the best this season , I know that the top 3 in the league will get the most votes but also who has done well without the financial pull of Bodmin , Falmouth and Buckland .

Why don't you remove them from the list then ? I would hate to think of your poll being biased in anyway ?

Which manager do you feel has been the best this season , I know that the top 3 in the league will get the most votes but also who has done well without the financial pull of Bodmin , Falmouth and Buckland .

Why don't you remove them from the list then ? I would hate to think of your poll being biased in anyway ?

I wanted to vote for Sir Bobby Oaten, but he's not on the list, so had to settle for Hoops.

In my humble opinion, whichever manager wins the league deserves to be manager of the year. It's one thing for people to say, well this club had more money, or whatever, but you still have to get the right people to play the right way in order to be successful.

Different clubs will have different levels of expectation and gauge success differently, of course, but everyone wants to win the league, otherwise why would you enter?

I reckon Buckland have a great chance and they have to play Falmouth twice so if they manage to win it they will deserve it for sure, as there's no doubt Falmouth are in much better form than the first portion of the season.

Bodmin are still in with a shout, as are Falmouth and whichever team wins it, they will have the Manager of the Year. Phil and Jamie have a great team, great spirit and Buckland have built slowly and used their resources to improve their ground and facilities, so hats off to them.

Darren has had to contend with lots of other clubs wanting his players, but he has had a consistent squad and kept them together to make another push for the title.

Alan has certainly managed to get his team playing and winning since the early part of the season and their recent push towards the top has come amidst quite a few ins and outs, so managing all that is a tough job on it's own.

I think Parkway have too many games to catch up but I'm sure they'll be bitterly disappointed if they don't make a push for first place with the squad they now have, but if they do then, again, Dave and Gams will deserve all the accolades.

As for me, well I'm just having a good time as there were no exepctations on us at the start, so staying up was our first aim, pushing on now to finish as high as possible and continue to enjoy our football is most important - as well as hoping my young lads learn a thing or two about how to win the tough games. Should we win the league (apart from it being a miracle) then I'll deserve to be Manager of the Year, but not before!

Duds

Mr Dudley,

if you do prove to be the people's choice on here, clearly it is with good reason.

Out of all the sides in the top 8, the two that stand out for me are Falmouth and Torpoint. We have all heard the stories about Falmouth's supposed huge playing budget, so that leaves - in my opinion - Torpoint as the surprise package of the season.

Well done Mr Dudley, great season.

Looking forward to my annual trip to Torpoint on Saturday!

Mr Dudley,

if you do prove to be the people's choice on here, clearly it is with good reason.

Out of all the sides in the top 8, the two that stand out for me are Falmouth and Torpoint. We have all heard the stories about Falmouth's supposed huge playing budget, so that leaves - in my opinion - Torpoint as the surprise package of the season.

Dan, kind words thanks, do make sure you come and say hello.

Should we win the league (apart from it being a miracle) then I'll deserve to be Manager of the Year

It certainly will be a miracle Stuart, and I'm sure those at the Mill would nominate you to receive the freedom of Torpoint! :thumbsup:

Seriously though, I would say that after watching you Friday evening at Bodmin, compared to a couple of games early in the season, you've brought the team on leaps and bounds. You must be pleased with the progress.

Looking at the two squads named in the respective match programmes, your squad for the Bodmin game had eight different names from the earlier one and the reward for your hard work I would say is now showing through on the pitch.

I say "hard work" because one assumes, unless things have changed for the better, that budget-wise you're no better than mid-table, and therefore you must be selling the club well.

Keep up the good work, but can you better it next season? :ninja:

Mr Dudley,

Hi Dan-it's really novel and original to see the old "Falmouth Town's HUGE players budget" rear it's head again!! It really is "supposed" and we pay a lot less than you can imagine,trust me,I know what goes out every week!! Any club shelling out a fortune in this day and age should be considered reckless and committing financial suicide. We all have to balance the books don't we?!! What Alan Carey has done is get our squad playing like a team with depth and passion and that has to be commended. Alan has got FTAFC to second in the table for the first time in at least 5 years and with tighter money resources than his recent predecessors-that makes him manager of the season in my book! Biased? Maybe...chuffed to bits? You bet!! :yahoo:;)B)

See you on Maunday Thursday at the start of the Ground Hop Dan. We'll be waiting to give you a real Falmouth welcome!

Mr Dudley,

Hi Dan-it's really novel and original to see the old "Falmouth Town's HUGE players budget" rear it's head again!! It really is "supposed" and we pay a lot less than you can imagine,trust me,I know what goes out every week!! Any club shelling out a fortune in this day and age should be considered reckless and committing financial suicide. We all have to balance the books don't we?!! What Alan Carey has done is get our squad playing like a team with depth and passion and that has to be commended. Alan has got FTAFC to second in the table for the first time in at least 5 years and with tighter money resources than his recent predecessors-that makes him manager of the season in my book! Biased? Maybe...chuffed to bits? You bet!! :yahoo:;)B)

See you on Maunday Thursday at the start of the Ground Hop Dan. We'll be waiting to give you a real Falmouth welcome!

As I said "stories"; I never stated it was fact, so am happy to be corrected.

Unfortunately I will not be making the Thursday match down at Falmouth due to work commitments, but look forward to giving you lot a proper Blazey welcome next week.