Cornwall Football Forum

Dave 'Ticker' Hick RIP

I am sorry to report that Ticker passed away earlier today.

A hard working member of Liskeard AFC over a number of seasons, he will be another big loss to football and in particular to the Lux Park club.

Our condolences go out to his family and friends

Sorry to hear of yet another stalwart passing.All at St Blazey extend condolences to his Family and Friends.

Guest Uncle Albert

I have known Ticker for more than 20 years. One of the nicest men in Cornish football.

He was Mr Liskeard Athletic FC and the club will miss him more than they know.

Love and thoughts to Margaret and the family.

Ticker, it was an honour to know you.

Very sad news indeed.

'Ticker' was a lovely guy with a heart of gold and was Liskeard through and through.

I had the pleasure of sharing his company for 6 years at Liskeard and even when returning as an opposing player he always had time for a chat and a banter. He will be sorely missed.

Sincere condolences to the family.

Jon

Liskeard Athletic have always been a friendly club, none more so than Dave Hick who always made me welcome whenever I visited to report on a game. We often joked about winning the lottery and buying new floodlights but Dave always added, "Yes, but if we get a grant which matches the money we have, just think of the lights we could have". Another true football gentleman lost to the game. Condolences to Dave's family and friends.

Absolutely gutted, top bloke who will be greatly missed by all that knew him.

My thoughts go out to Margaret, Andrew and the Grandchildren who meant so much to him.

A devoted Family Man, A true friend and a great servant to Liskeard Football Club.

I will never forget the great times we had at Liskeard and thank you for everything you done for me Ticker.

Guest Matt Godfree

This is the first time i have commented on the forum but felt compelled to pay my respects to OUR chairman! On behalf of the players at Liskeard i want to thank a legend of a man Ticker. Reading the messages there seems to be a common word that keeps popping up when people talk about Ticker and that is that he was a gentleman, i echoe these thouhts.Being lucky enough to play for Liskeard for the last 2 seasons i have had many a conversation with Ticker. What struck me about Ticker was how positive and optimistic he seemed even after watching some poor displays and results. We (players) NEVER heard him moan or grumble once about a game and believe me we gave him plenty of oppurtunity to!!

You will be sorely missed and remain in our thoughts x

Godders

Guest Gilesy19

This is the first time i have commented on the forum but felt compelled to pay my respects to OUR chairman! On behalf of the players at Liskeard i want to thank a legend of a man Ticker. Reading the messages there seems to be a common word that keeps popping up when people talk about Ticker and that is that he was a gentleman, i echoe these thouhts.Being lucky enough to play for Liskeard for the last 2 seasons i have had many a conversation with Ticker. What struck me about Ticker was how positive and optimistic he seemed even after watching some poor displays and results. We (players) NEVER heard him moan or grumble once about a game and believe me we gave him plenty of oppurtunity to!!

You will be sorely missed and remain in our thoughts x

Godders

only just read this post godders, but thought it couldnt have been said any better about 'ticker' what a top man!