Cornwall Football Forum

It's hell of a shame for both him and, to a lesser extent, England. I could only see him as a bit-part player at the World Cup so it won't affect our chances too much anyway. However, he's a fantastic ambassador for the game in this country and an inspiring role model for the younger generation. I hope he makes a full recovery but I think his international days are now behind him.

baldy-bang on with that comment, mclaren killed england with one awful decision.

massive blow for england as rooneys head is our most deadly weapon, and walcott wright phillips and lennon cant cross for love nor money.

people were maybe right to say he aint got the legs for 90, and thats why capello would have swapped his roles from starting giving 60, or coming on for 30.

beckham gives quality, where players like barry, the previous mentioned 3 (FAST!!!!!) wingersn dont.

massive massive blow for england

Not sure its McClarens fault Becks went chasing the American dream. At the time he signed the deal to go to Galaxy he had been frozen out at Madrid, not getting a game and ,I think, training with the reserves. But good ol Becks showed the boss the class and determination he has, and England still, need and got back into the side and was a major factor to Real Madrid winning La Liga that year. Not sure who the Madrid manager was at the time......someone enlighten me!

Midfield,I have to agree with you I believe Beckham's International days are over, & I do not believe it is a massif blow for England,He has served his Country well, But England have not relied on David fully for a long time he is no longer a full game player,

I am sure that one day we will see a lot more of Beckham, in the media, as we have with Garry lineker,

Hammers :c::yahoo: :c:

poppycock, unfortunately becks provides something that barry, walcott, wright phillips, lennon, downing, cole (at the mo), young, huddlestone cannot.

QUALITY...

free kicks, corners, eye of a needle passes, keep the ball...

QUALITY

too many people judge him by superstardom, instead of the footballer..

QUALITY

to re iterate, no he would not have played a 90...in fabio we trust, would have used him to do 60, then 30s..for ! reason,

his QUALITY...

really think people need to look at what the others cannot do, to appreciate what becks can do...

for me, gerrard to move wide right, hopefully start his season in june...

Firstly let me say that I think England have (& had) no chance of winning the WC. Of the "wing" options I was hoping Lennon or Young would step up to the plate but, for differing reasons, it doesn't look like it is going to happen. Joe Cole is crap at the moment and I don't foresee any major improvement happening soon. SWP & Downing have never been good enough. Hudd was my big tip to make a breakthrough this season but not so. Which leaves SG playing wide (unless you want to drop Lamps!).

Becks would have been the (not so) secret weapon. I predict a L16 defeat and maybe a change of manager again.

I expect the media hype will whip the country into the usual over expectancy and beer sales will go through the roof but let's be realistic .. we ain't good enough.

Football person, no one is disputing what a great player, Beckham has been in the past, but one has to face facts & move on, David has now had another serious injury, which has put him out of the world Cup Also his age is now against him,

No player can last forever, If you watched the last time he played for England, it showed a close up of him a short while after he came on & he was breathing heavily after a very short time,

but I believe that He will know when the time has come to retire, & I do not think that it will be long coming.

Hammers :c::c::blink: :c:

Football person, So you are another one of those know it all persons,!!? so I do not know how the body works that's a laugh, I was a first aider on BT for twenty five years,

but I do not go around boasting about it,

I do not know how old you are but are you saying that Beckham at his age is as fit as say Roony, if you are POPPYCOCK!! I am sure that Beckham is still a very skillful player, but would be the first to admit that it is a lot harder for him now than it was say even 10 years ago,

So maybe you should study a bit more about how the Human body works, them maybe just maybe you will understand my genuine comment about David Beckham,

So Sorry MR Football Person I have to show you the red card :SM_carton: because of your inability to understand my remarks concerning David Beckham, Who I might add I have the greatest respect for,

Hammers :c::yahoo: :c:

how come youve not been boasting about being a first aider for bt for 25 years, i would have! how does the ability to deal with a nose bleed make you an expert on the fitness levels of an international footballer? first aid isnt physio..

ac milan feel beckham is fit enough(currently 34 years old!!!),(currently 2nd in serie a) the game where he was breathing heavily, after coming on as sub, was this the game where he got given man of the match, because of what i mentioned earlier in this thread, he has more quality and offers more in a cameo than umpteen other players in the england squad can do in a 90?

i dont know how old you are me old hammer, but i never said beckham is as fit as roony (rooney), i clearly wrote that mr capello would have used him correctly, for 60s and coming on for 30s because he offers more...wait for it...QUALITY...

and how is this another serious injury, as i cant remember many other serious injuries he's had?

not a know it all, stating facts, so sorry hammer me old mucker, red card, for not having faith in me and fabio, and realising he is still a quality player, with more to offer than 70% of the current engand squad....also fabio has already stated he wants him for the euro qualifiying campaign....6 million a year, im guesiing he knows a little bit about the human body...

come on england.x