Cornwall Football Forum

Just heard the sad news of the passing of Dennis Gerry yesterday at RCH Treliske.

First met Dennis over 35 years ago at the Town social club in Arwenack Street/Avenue and have travelled all over the country with him since, supporting Falmouth Town.

With great memories from a 'Spur' I will miss you 'Gooner'

I remember Dennis with fond memories. He always used to tell me about the pastys that my grandad (who I never knew)used to make. He reckoned that they were the best pastys ever, not bad for being made by an Irishman, he would say.

My sincere condolences to all Dennis' family.

Charles Fittus

Mike, please fill me in a bit more about Dennis I must have known him over the 50 years that I have been a Town suporter, where did he stand, the only Dennis that I can place is the Dennis who drove lorries for Sid knowles, for many years.

Do you know yet when his Funeral is ?

Hammers :c::c: :c:

Hi John-

Dennis would watch from the top bank near the gatehouse and in his latter years used arm crutches to get along and would also stay for a drink after the match.

He supported Arsenal and was always having banter with the Man U clan Neil Phillips and Keith Hampson.

You must know him as he has been with Town for easily 50 years.

His funeral is on Thursday (not sure of time or where)but the Wake will be at the Falmouth Town social club around 2 ish.

Penwerris Church Falmouth with service at 1-15pm

Hi John-

Dennis would watch from the top bank near the gatehouse and in his latter years used arm crutches to get along and would also stay for a drink after the match.

He supported Arsenal and was always having banter with the Man U clan Neil Phillips and Keith Hampson.

You must know him as he has been with Town for easily 50 years.

His funeral is on Thursday (not sure of time or where)but the Wake will be at the Falmouth Town social club around 2 ish.

Hi Mike,really sorry to hear about Dennis mate.A fantastic supporter of Town who must have travelled thousands of miles in his support for the club.It was always heartening to see yourself,Tony,and Den at the game wherever we were in the country!!!(Remember the vase trips forever mate!!!) Along with F-Troop of course! Felt like we were playing at home every week with that support!! Another great football man gone upstairs to watch the games Mike.

Thank you Mike,

Yes I do know who you mean now I would always speak to him a realy lovely man who never complained & even with his disability, made the most of what he had,

I am not sure if I could make the Funeral as I already have two this week, February/March has been a very sad months for me I recently lost my Life long friend who went to School with me & we grew up on next door Farms,one cannot throw away 65 years,

Hammers :c: :c:

Very sad to hear of the passing of Dennis, one of the true supporters of Falmouth Town. Our sincere and heartfelt condolences and sympathies are extended to Dennis' family and friends. A true gent Dennis will be sorely missed.

Gary and Kelly Spiller.