Cornwall Football Forum

CCFA at it again ?

So Illogan have to travel to Wadebridge to play Camelford in the Senior Cup, surely Newquay would have been roughly equal distance. CCFA giving Newquay a bit of a kicking after The FA sided with the Mount Wise club perhaps ? Or is it the Cudmores making sure the money stays at 'home' so to speak ?

Now we have Newquay v Dobwalls in the Charity Cup Semi Final, not at Bodmin as you may have imagined but just up the road from Dobwalls, the match is to be played at Liskeard, make of that what you will.

Wouldn't have happened in Brian Biggins' day.

Just noticed that St Austell have suffered too, they travel to Penryn to take on Perranwell... what logic are CCFA applying to these games ?

Nemesis I completeley agree they dont have a clue, Football is a modern game and its being run by a load of old fogies in Bodmin.

St Austell V Newquay Final by the way probably to be played in Devon somewhere

Money Man

Or Dobwalls v Perranwell on the Isles of Scilly, they havn't had a final there for a while.

Nemesis I completeley agree they dont have a clue, Football is a modern game and its being run by a load of old fogies in Bodmin.

Money Man

Heard through the grapevine it will be held at Buckland FC as they have superb facilities lol

With the Newquay CROWD'S ANIMALATICS at Poltair earlier this season (photo's plastered all over the Internet) is it little wonder the CCFA have looked elsewhere this season for their venues. Nemesis with his continuous barrage of criticism of the Duchy's ruling authority doesn't enhance Newquay's cause.

Throughout English football it has been policy for County FA's to spread the venues for their cup competitions so the SAME CLUBS don't get all the games to the detriment of those lower down the pecking order.

Maybe one day Nemesis will turn his thoughts to football.

With the Newquay CROWD'S ANIMALATICS at Poltair earlier this season (photo's plastered all over the Internet) is it little wonder the CCFA have looked elsewhere this season for their venues. Nemesis with his continuous barrage of criticism of the Duchy's ruling authority doesn't enhance Newquay's cause.

Throughout English football it has been policy for County FA's to spread the venues for their cup competitions so the SAME CLUBS don't get all the games to the detriment of those lower down the pecking order.

I think you will find that the Newquay club and it's supporters were cleared of any wrong doing by The FA, an organisation slightly more respected than the current bunch at Bodmin.

As far as sharing Semi-Finals and Finals about is concerned, surely this only applies to grounds that have floodlights for Semis ? Perhaps we will we see an Easter Monday at a ground so far remote from the teams involved, the crowds will just not turn up. Perhaps Torpoint can look forward to hosting Penzance v Hayle, Mousehole would love to have Dobwalls v Launceston.

I'd love to send you an invitation to the real world, but feel that you would surely get lost.

I think you will find that the Newquay club and it's supporters were cleared of any wrong doing by The FA, an organisation slightly more respected than the current bunch at Bodmin.

As far as sharing Semi-Finals and Finals about is concerned, surely this only applies to grounds that have floodlights for Semis ? Perhaps we will we see an Easter Monday at a ground so far remote from the teams involved, the crowds will just not turn up. Perhaps Torpoint can look forward to hosting Penzance v Hayle, Mousehole would love to have Dobwalls v Launceston.

I'd love to send you an invitation to the real world, but feel that you would surely get lost.

A trip to Truro is hardly remote.

As for floodlights, the light in your head has surely gone out.

The players are allowed back so perhaps there were porkies told by both sides,

it is good when the authorities address issues upon reflection.

Money Man

Money Man, don,t count your chickens ,St Austell have got to win the semi first.

Can you confirm this change of date as it is the first I have heard about it - although I am not surprised that once again the availability of the venue wasn't checked properly because it has been rumoured the original choice of venue was Truro until it was pointed out to the CCFA that they were staging a rearranged league fixture on the 23rd......Hope the weather stays fine - two games on the same pitch within 24 hours and all that!!!!

Can you confirm this change of date as it is the first I have heard about it - although I am not surprised that once again the availability of the venue wasn't checked properly because it has been rumoured the original choice of venue was Truro until it was pointed out to the CCFA that they were staging a rearranged league fixture on the 23rd......Hope the weather stays fine - two games on the same pitch within 24 hours and all that!!!!

http://www.cornwallfa.com/FixturesAndResults/CountyCups/DurningLawrenceCharityCup/?js=1&tab=fixtures

Well this is very annoying, I was looking forward to being able to watch the other semi-final after ours and see who makes it through. As no doubt members of all four clubs were. What about gates as well? Surely they will suffer as a result of two semis on the same day.

Bit of a disappointing decision in my eyes.

St.Austell semi at Penryn v Perranwell called off last night apparently. Possibly now on for 14th April so i'm told.

Got to agree however, the venues seem strange - bit lioke last season when Town played the semi-final v Penzance at Porthleven. However can't moan too much as the Senior Cup final v Saltash was at st.Blazey!

The Dobwalls v Newquay semi fianl scheduled for tonight at Liskeard is definately OFF and as I said in my posting last week - it was being extremely optimistic to attempt to play back to back fixtures on the same pitch within 24 hours anyway - better if they could not have found a suitable venue and to have delayed it and save most of us having to rearrange our work commitments again!!!! can only assume this crazy decision of the CCFA muppets was decided when it was nice and sunny a couple of weeks ago!!!!

The new date I am told is now Tues 13/04/10 same venue 19.30 hours.....

I have it on good authority that the other semi between St.Austell and Perranwell at Penryn is also OFF.....

Mountaineer that is a rather controversial and possibly slanderass statement to make seeing as Newqauy and their fans were cleared of all charges.