Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Supplementary Cup Result - 9/3/10

ECPL Supplementary Cup 1st Round.

Saltash United 0 St Stephens Borough 1 (Jamie Walton-Gould)

i hear the referee's performance was questionable?

You must be a saltah united supporter because the referees performance was excellent. Saltah even had a penalty and missed it and they didnt create many chances. The referee let the game flow and played good advantage and pulled it back if the wasnt any. He could of sent a few players off but decided to man manage the game. for example number 3 of saltash fouled 5 times and was booked and still complained so was lucky to be on the pitch.

so must of been questionable!!! JUST TAKE A DEFEAT LIKE A MAN!!! u win some u lose some.

Guest Frank le tank

the ref was questionable ........... as was borough bringing in 4 peninsular players !!!!

what does that the mean to the regulars ??????

Mr Shipman, there were only three players brought in one of which WAS playing for a peninsular side but has now signed full time, therefore only 2 players were brought in to cover for our 4 cup tied players and 1 working. Sorry for any bitterness we caused you.

You must be a saltah united supporter because the referees performance was excellent. Saltah even had a penalty and missed it and they didnt create many chances. The referee let the game flow and played good advantage and pulled it back if the wasnt any. He could of sent a few players off but decided to man manage the game. for example number 3 of saltash fouled 5 times and was booked and still complained so was lucky to be on the pitch.

so must of been questionable!!! JUST TAKE A DEFEAT LIKE A MAN!!! u win some u lose some.

HAHAHA i couldnt give a rats *$! about the result... no ties to either team, i just know the ref and a few neutrals said he wasnt that good, and should have sent a few off.

Bottom line i couldnt care about the result dont care about the teams, just playing devils advocate!

It says they were cup tied and illegible to play - Alistair Sinclair, Lewis O'Rourke and Darren Bradley to name three.

Not wishing to stir matters but I don't think Lewis O'Rourke was cup tied. I believe he was signed from Elburton and they only played their league cup first round game last Saturday, i'm sure Lewis transfered weeks ago.

HAHAHA i couldnt give a rats *$! about the result... no ties to either team, i just know the ref and a few neutrals said he wasnt that good, and should have sent a few off.

Bottom line i couldnt care about the result dont care about the teams, just playing devils advocate!

Look wants to see player sent off the idea for a referee is to keep 11 men on the pitch for both teams so the ref in this game man managed the players well there wasnt a bad tackle in the game!!! and for st stephens brough bringing in some players for this game who carers saltalsh could of used some 1st team players as they have before in the east cornwall so i just think that its a game of football and so stop being so stupid abiut the whole thing at the end of a day its a football match and thats that. why spoil the beautiful game of football on here why not let people do the talking on the pitch.

Admitidly credit is due to keep all 22 players on the pitch, but there lies a problem in consistancy with referee's, most other referee's wouldv sent the players off, just look at how many yellow cards are brandished for nothing tackles in the prem etc maybe you should watch a few other referee's and see how they perform, or maybe you should actually try to keep up with play!

Admitidly credit is due to keep all 22 players on the pitch, but there lies a problem in consistancy with referee's, most other referee's wouldv sent the players off, just look at how many yellow cards are brandished for nothing tackles in the prem etc maybe you should watch a few other referee's and see how they perform, or maybe you should actually try to keep up with play!

Mr unorthodox

well if u were watching the ref was up with play all the time and he had a great game. But the game wasnt in the prem it was a grass roots game so more man management is need and then players respond to more of it.

Mr manning I agree with you i think that mr unorthodox should tell me when his next game is and i will watch him and see if he has the knowledge of the laws of the game.

Mr unorthodox, It would seem from your comments that you are already an official with loads of knowledge, so could you please let me know when you next referee a game so I can come to watch and see how it should be done. PS, I was not the referee at the game in question.

haha i no you werent the referee at the match, i know the referee who was and he has commented on this topic. My comments are merely to stir a reaction, and that they have!

p.s i am a ref but nothing big, still "trying" to focus on playing :)

Mr unorthodox, It would seem from your comments that you are already an official with loads of knowledge, so could you please let me know when you next referee a game so I can come to watch and see how it should be done. PS, I was not the referee at the game in question.

haha i no you werent the referee at the match, i know the referee who was and he has commented on this topic. My comments are merely to stir a reaction, and that they have!

p.s i am a ref but nothing big, still "trying" to focus on playing :)

its so fun playing along with a goal keeper mr unorthodox who i know who u are due to that u told me hehe

I was at the game in question, and in my oppinion the Referee concerned had a fair game, his man management of the game was fair and he did not miss much. he had three major incidents to deal with ( the two penalties and the kick to the keeper [ as you say back pass] ) and he handled and managed them both well. There was four cautions in the game and all four were correct, I my self could not see any sending off offences during the game. The Saltash number three whom was cautioned did commit a foul later in the game which could of been deem reckless but the ref spoke to him and that was enough, again good man management. What happens in the Premiership is completely different to ECPL so you can not compare the two. If the Referee concerned is reading these posts about him and he reads that people think his performence was questionable maybe you should back the statement up with hard facts so that he and anyone else whom are interested in what you have to say can make their own opinions. After the game I spoke to someone from Saltash united and he asked me on my opinion of the refs display, when I told him that I believe the ref had a fair game,his reply was that he throught that he was F##king crap. I retorted by saying why? and he could not answer, which to me spoke volumes. If you are a match official Mr unorthodox you should not be on here haveing a dig, you should be giving some good advise to the ref. As it seem that you know it all and are maybe to good for us poor mortal referees.

I was at the game in question, and in my oppinion the Referee concerned had a fair game, his man management of the game was fair and he did not miss much. he had three major incidents to deal with ( the two penalties and the kick to the keeper [ as you say back pass] ) and he handled and managed them both well. There was four cautions in the game and all four were correct, I my self could not see any sending off offences during the game. The Saltash number three whom was cautioned did commit a foul later in the game which could of been deem reckless but the ref spoke to him and that was enough, again good man management. What happens in the Premiership is completely different to ECPL so you can not compare the two. If the Referee concerned is reading these posts about him and he reads that people think his performence was questionable maybe you should back the statement up with hard facts so that he and anyone else whom are interested in what you have to say can make their own opinions. After the game I spoke to someone from Saltash united and he asked me on my opinion of the refs display, when I told him that I believe the ref had a fair game,his reply was that he throught that he was F##king crap. I retorted by saying why? and he could not answer, which to me spoke volumes. If you are a match official Mr unorthodox you should not be on here haveing a dig, you should be giving some good advise to the ref. As it seem that you know it all and are maybe to good for us poor mortal referees.

HAHA oh my, some people need to get a grip!....this bit of friendly banter between myself and the ref has escalated rather sharpish! i couldnt care of the result or the performance of anyone at kimberly stadium that night, this is a joke to wind up a mate! lol

HAHA oh my, some people need to get a grip!....this bit of friendly banter between myself and the ref has escalated rather sharpish! i couldnt care of the result or the performance of anyone at kimberly stadium that night, this is a joke to wind up a mate! lol

haha banter hes always winding me up at work like his footie team is winding up2 lol

It says they were cup tied and illegible to play - Alistair Sinclair, Lewis O'Rourke and Darren Bradley to name three.

Not wishing to stir matters but I don't think Lewis O'Rourke was cup tied. I believe he was signed from Elburton and they only played their league cup first round game last Saturday, i'm sure Lewis transfered weeks ago.

Lewis O'Rourke played for Elburton Villa against Lanreath in the 1st Round of the League Cup. The player and his parents were aware of this when he transferred. I dont know if St.Stephens Borough were made aware or checked it out for themselves? What does this mean for St.Stephens Borough or doesn't it matter as its a different stage/level of the cup?

Lewis O'Rourke did not play and he was not on the bench as he is cup-tied.

The ref also performed well and should be pleased with his performance and the experience should stand him in good stead.

As stated earlier on this topic he got all the major decisions correct.

Also the result was the correct one, Saltash have some good players in their squad but i'm not sure that their best players started the match or that the ones who did start were playing in their best positions.

Where were Lee Maddocks & Dave Wilkinson?