Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup Final East 2009/10 - Updates

This forum is a great place to put your views across so I thought I might as well give it a go on the matter!!!!

Having played with, against, taught, managed and battled with a lot of the boys that have been and are involved with the Looe set up, I hope they are rewarded for their last few years hard work with a cup winners medal on Monday.

If they have made mistakes in the league then they will be punished but the Junior Cup is the most prestigious of Cups to be a part of at this level. Their rise through the divisions has been fantastic and particularly this year , they have beaten some very good teams along the way to the final.

I will certainly be down at Truro on Monday shouting for Looe (and Bodmin) and I wish them all the success for the final.

A great club, a great bunch of lads and one of the hardest working and dedicated managers you will find in this area.

Good luck to Mick and the boys, do the County proud boys!

MQ

Guest couldnt score in a brothel

CSIAB - I've only just seen this thread and read through it, so can only use the information on here. But you say what your manager did isnt cheating because he was in the process of putting in 7 days for the player and he was from a div 2 side? That is rubbish! Doesnt matter if he is from a Div 2 side or Wayne Rooney, he knowingly played under a false name - which is cheating. There are rules to go by, which Looe have broken. A clerical error would be something which Torpoint suffered from earlier this season when playing a player they thought were signed on but wasnt, we had a similar things a few years ago.

Not saying you should be chucked out the cup as this is a league issue, but if the info I read is correct, it is cheating.

I do sort of agree with you sir, but if you have read the other board about 'how to stop the cheats' which i guess came out of what was posted on here, they are talking about bringing in players from a higher level....not wishing to sound funny but given the choice of wayne rooney or a duchy div 2 player I think I know who would influence the game more. I know rules are rules but we did not field a player who had been bought in as a 'ringer' to give us an advantage. Its the difference between stealing a packet of sweets from a shop and robbing a bank, they are both against the law, but you would hope the bank robbers get life and the sweet thief a slap on the wrists.

Guest Flintstone

I do sort of agree with you sir, but if you have read the other board about 'how to stop the cheats' which i guess came out of what was posted on here, they are talking about bringing in players from a higher level....not wishing to sound funny but given the choice of wayne rooney or a duchy div 2 player I think I know who would influence the game more. I know rules are rules but we did not field a player who had been bought in as a 'ringer' to give us an advantage. Its the difference between stealing a packet of sweets from a shop and robbing a bank, they are both against the law, but you would hope the bank robbers get life and the sweet thief a slap on the wrists.

Just because he is not a player from a higher league it doesnt make it right though. I agree that there is nothing more infuriating than teams bringing in ringers for certain games, there was a huge debate on here last season about it, but you still fielded a player who wasnt allowed on the pitch - if that means you play 10 v 11, then unfortuantely so be it. I have some sympathy with your managers length of ban, but he knew the rules, and even though we play for enjoyment rules are there to keep the game in order. What would have happened if your lad scored the winner?? It didnt happen I know, but it could have.

Good luck in the final anyway.

"What would have happened if your lad scored the winner?? It didnt happen I know, but it could have".

Great point! because as I understand, the lad involved did score the equaliser in the last minute against

Gunnislake and then they told the papers/league a different name. Doesn't sound to honest to me!

Guest couldnt score in a brothel

"What would have happened if your lad scored the winner?? It didnt happen I know, but it could have".

Great point! because as I understand, the lad involved did score the equaliser in the last minute against

Gunnislake and then they told the papers/league a different name. Doesn't sound to honest to me!

I have never said what went on was right, yes we should have played with ten men and not played him, with regards to how many times it has happened I have only been at looe this season and there has never bin a sniff of dodgyness. It was a one off occurence that shall not be repeated.

I have never said what went on was right, yes we should have played with ten men and not played him, with regards to how many times it has happened I have only been at looe this season and there has never bin a sniff of dodgyness. It was a one off occurence that shall not be repeated.

If the lad in question had not have made such a of himself when running the line and when he came on no one would have knew or guessed.

I'm not too sure what your defending then if u agree with everything I said. The annoying thing is this is just one rare occasion where the team were lucky enough to get caught. I'm certain lots of teams do this every week and will never be caught under the current legilastions. Loos will probably be made an exampe of, but it still won't be enough to scare other teams off doing it.

If the lad in question had not have made such a of himself when running the line and when he came on no one would have knew or guessed.

And if the lad in question hadn't actually played FOR Polperro WITH your defender Dan Skews a few years ago - about as thick as it gets!!!

Guest Flintstone

I'm not too sure what your defending then if u agree with everything I said. The annoying thing is this is just one rare occasion where the team were lucky enough to get caught. I'm certain lots of teams do this every week and will never be caught under the current legilastions. Loos will probably be made an exampe of, but it still won't be enough to scare other teams off doing it.

Lets hope the League do make an example of Looe - - If only out of respect for Managers, Secretaries and teams that never have and never will cheat

Guest poacher

when Looe 1st team gets relegated to div 1 and it looks likely that Looe reserves will be promoted to

Div 1, can two teams from same club play in same division? Will reserves be punished and stay in div 2

or will first team drop down to div 3