Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup Final East 2009/10 - Updates

Guest Uncle Albert

Update from @GarethRowett

Full Time

Lanreath 0 Looe Town 0

Going into Extra Time

Result: 1-1 aet. Replay at Liskeard next Tuesday.

Guest Jimmyruff

I think martins evaluation of the game is just about spot on.....both teams can play much better but both are good at battling too,shame the latter took control. Still a good game to watch tho. I would say Lanreath had created more chances to win the game in normal time but now look forward to next week.... :drink:

Junior Cup Eastern Final Replay result Looe 2 - 0 Lanreath. Looe meet St Buryan in the Easter Monday final.

Replay tonight I believe. Good luck to both Looe and Lanreath. No offence Looe, I'm routing for Lanreath.

Well done Looe. Well done Lanreath, great effort to get as far as you did.

Guest Jimmyruff

Junior Cup Eastern Final Replay result Looe 2 - 0 Lanreath. Looe meet St Buryan in the Easter Monday final.

Replay tonight I believe. Good luck to both Looe and Lanreath. No offence Looe, I'm routing for Lanreath.

Well done to Looe.....They wanted it more... Our lads never got going this evening, if only we took some of the many chances we had in the first game. Shame.

Never mind, spencer and the boys can now concentrate on promotion and the league cup......loves the banter!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Flintstone

@GarethRowett

I hear Anthony Hillman scored both goals for Looe last night. Best of luck for both teams in the final.

Don't know what happened above, maybe a hint I should be speechless!?

But I doubt I'm the only one that is very annoyed that the Duchy League is being 'dragged down'

According to the league web-site this morning Looe played an un-registered player v Foxhole and fined

a whole £15!! They have now played a player v Gunnislake using a FALSE name! but that probably won't be

dealt with until after the Junior Cup Final.

Very hollow acheivement LOOE

any chance you could do the honourable thing?

Guest Flintstone

They were both Duchy League fixtures so not strictly anything to do with the Junior cup

but even so, it leaves a bad taste, doesn't it?

Difficult for anyone to wish them luck in the final?

Are they cheats? or just unlucky to get caught?

They were both Duchy League fixtures so not strictly anything to do with the Junior cup

Looe should be investigated about the team they fielded against Lanreath in the Junior Cup, late with submitting their team for the night, then suspicions and questions raised about who they actually fielded. Come on Looe you must come clean. All eyes are on you now

Looe should be investigated about the team they fielded against Lanreath in the Junior Cup, late with submitting their team for the night, then suspicions and questions raised about who they actually fielded. Come on Looe you must come clean. All eyes are on you now

I am sure that the county would have picked up any errors,surely the team that won the semifinal was apparently all checked out,pity the one that signed or at least was reinstated on the last day in january and who hadent played three games didnt appear on the sheet.He must been ben ambrose brother.Move on lads not the players fault just a clerical error.

Did these indiscretions occur during Duchy League matches or in the Junior Cup?

Does it really matter when these cheating tactics occured. The fact is Looe Town cheated on at least two occasions, and now want to represent the East of the county in a cup final.The Looe Town manager should consider his position and to save the county from embarressment should do the decent thing and pull out of the cup final. Comments from the club chairman or club representative should be posted because this is a disgrace

Does it really matter when these cheating tactics occured. The fact is Looe Town cheated on at least two occasions, and now want to represent the East of the county in a cup final.The Looe Town manager should consider his position and to save the county from embarressment should do the decent thing and pull out of the cup final. Comments from the club chairman or club representative should be posted because this is a disgrace

You wont get a peep out of any of them because they aint got the balls, which is why they got to resort to sly, underhand cheating tactics in the first place. When the county/league gonna hand out some proper punishments to deter this behaviour coz at the minute everyone trying to play fair and square are getting mugged off by a minority who cheat knowing little or nothing will happen if they get caught.

As Charlestown Saints FC Manager, i must say on MANY occasions this season ive been convinced/suspicious of certain teams fielding certain players against us.

As i have little or no faith in any of the authority over Cornish Football i simply keep my mouth shut and look to beat whatever is in front of me and my team. If teams want to field illegal players, then that shows their desperation to win without looking to raise their own quality. Wheres the pride gone from people these days?!

From our clubs point of view, i was asked by a former player of ours to field a certain lad in a game for us (even when we only had 12). By the end of the day, neither player was seen again, but im sure they still have a sized 12 boot up their arses.

And put who in their place?

And put who in their place?

Just a suggestion but Lanreath seeing they got to the semi final

What reason would you give for kicking them out of the Junior Cup though, have they played players that should not have played in this competition?

We will never know how many times they have cheated and whether or not in the junior cup

but that shouldn't matter anyway they have been found out on two occassions once is bad enough but twice

is criminal. They are a disgrace and should be thrown out of the league,and certainly not playing in a cornwall cup final

representing the east of the county. What does this teach our youngsters.They should be made an example of to deter other clubs

It states on the Duchy League website that " Looe played Ricky Manning against Foxhole whilst not registered on Jan 30th and were fined £15 "

If this was anything more than an administrational error surely the matter would have been taken further.

Corski states that Looe have " cheated twice "

Is this gossip,conjecture or does he / she have any facts to back up these allegations

It states on the Duchy League website that " Looe played Ricky Manning against Foxhole whilst not registered on Jan 30th and were fined £15 "

If this was anything more than an administrational error surely the matter would have been taken further.

Is this gossip,conjecture or does he / she have any facts to back up these allegations

It appears that Looe have been found guilty and punished by the Duchy League for fielding an unregistered player in the match versus Foxhole.End of story.

The rest of this is just the old rumour mill spinning and there have been no facts put on here to back up any allegation.Go to the governing body,the CCFA,with your complaint not slur the name of Looe FC without backing it up.

They fielded a player under a false name . See Flintstone reply above 21/3/2010

Guest Flintstone

Corski

Flinstone " alleges " that they played a player under a false name.

Does Flinstone or yourself have any evidence to back this allegation

Is Flinstone in a position of some authority within the CCFA

If not do you believe everything that someone tells you ?

It has to be 'alleged' Nothing been proved!

They been charged with playing a player under an ASSUMED name

It is also 'alleged' that the player was registered with another

Duchy club, so would be in trouble as well.

Lets hope the Duchy League show the 'balls' I think they've got

and come down hard!

I, like others, who have commented, are fed up with week in week out

getting a team together without cheating.

Maybe a good idea for managers and secretaries involved in the Duchy

League to tell them that we support the stamping out of the cheating.

I think the precedent has already been set when Pensilva and Lanreath were both relegated after admitting to playing players under false names. One of the Bodmin clubs had BOTH teams thrown out (Bodmin Athletic?), with their reserves allowed to start again in Duchy 5 after denying a similiar offence but being found guilty.

Harsh on Looe's deceent reserve side if they are denied promotion. Looe's manager was retiring at the end of the season anyway, so any punishment to him will be a token gesture.

Guest couldnt score in a brothel

I have read these threads with a huge amount of disbelief. As a Looe Town player I am very hurt and upset that so many have you have been so quick to brand us cheats and slag us off so much! So here is the full story..Case One...Ricky Manning was played against foxhole and although he was signed to play in cup games he had not signed the correct form for the league, now bearing in mind that the Looe Town manager not only runs our team but TWO youth teams in the town i think he can be forgiven for such a small clerical error. In the second case a player was played under a false name for which the manager has held his hands up and said he was completely at fault, but the player in question had a seven day request put in to his former club which by the way was A SECOND DIVISION TEAM...so the notion that we were bringing in 'ringers' to cheat is completly unfair and unjust, and on top of that the game in which this player was played was in between the final and the replay and we did not have enough players...no excuse i hear you say but i note what the bere alston manger said on the other threads about how to stop the cheats...is the Looe Town manager the only person in the world make a hasty decision...i think not!! Now if we are gonna talk rules and regs, i read through the terms and conditions before i registered on this forum and I think some of you need to step back and have a think about whats been said on here and put yourself in the shoes of our manager who is a good honest man who gives up an enormous amount of his own free time to train and mangage three teams. I noted also the comment about a 'hollow achievment' in getting to the final....well i suggest you go back through the rounds and see just exactly how we did get there...being 4-0 down to fowey at half time with ten men(again due to shortage of available players) and coming back to beat them 5-4 on their own ground!!! All you have to do is look at this weeks guardian and you will note how many of the boys are in their first season with the club..the team is unrecognisable to the one which brought us up through the leagues. I personally feel that to reach the cup final with the resources we have is one hell of an achievment...I say all this with alot of balance as i myself have only been here this season having spent the last 14 seasons @ Lanreath!! Now if anyone wants to talk more you will find us in truro on easter monday at the final, please if you have the minerals come over and say hello and we can chat it out over a cold one...after the game obviously!!Oh and incidentally our manager is prob facing a 2 year ban, so anyone looking to take on three teams...now would be a good time to step up!! I hope you all realise i am only trying to put the record straight...Looe Town does not cheat and would really appreciate the support of all who can get there, I hope this puts an end to the matter and i really hope people will come along and cheer us on...we deserve it!!!!

Guest Flintstone

I have read these threads with a huge amount of disbelief. As a Looe Town player I am very hurt and upset that so many have you have been so quick to brand us cheats and slag us off so much! So here is the full story..Case One...Ricky Manning was played against foxhole and although he was signed to play in cup games he had not signed the correct form for the league, now bearing in mind that the Looe Town manager not only runs our team but TWO youth teams in the town i think he can be forgiven for such a small clerical error. In the second case a player was played under a false name for which the manager has held his hands up and said he was completely at fault, but the player in question had a seven day request put in to his former club which by the way was A SECOND DIVISION TEAM...so the notion that we were bringing in 'ringers' to cheat is completly unfair and unjust, and on top of that the game in which this player was played was in between the final and the replay and we did not have enough players...no excuse i hear you say but i note what the bere alston manger said on the other threads about how to stop the cheats...is the Looe Town manager the only person in the world make a hasty decision...i think not!! Now if we are gonna talk rules and regs, i read through the terms and conditions before i registered on this forum and I think some of you need to step back and have a think about whats been said on here and put yourself in the shoes of our manager who is a good honest man who gives up an enormous amount of his own free time to train and mangage three teams. I noted also the comment about a 'hollow achievment' in getting to the final....well i suggest you go back through the rounds and see just exactly how we did get there...being 4-0 down to fowey at half time with ten men(again due to shortage of available players) and coming back to beat them 5-4 on their own ground!!! All you have to do is look at this weeks guardian and you will note how many of the boys are in their first season with the club..the team is unrecognisable to the one which brought us up through the leagues. I personally feel that to reach the cup final with the resources we have is one hell of an achievment...I say all this with alot of balance as i myself have only been here this season having spent the last 14 seasons @ Lanreath!! Now if anyone wants to talk more you will find us in truro on easter monday at the final, please if you have the minerals come over and say hello and we can chat it out over a cold one...after the game obviously!!Oh and incidentally our manager is prob facing a 2 year ban, so anyone looking to take on three teams...now would be a good time to step up!! I hope you all realise i am only trying to put the record straight...Looe Town does not cheat and would really appreciate the support of all who can get there, I hope this puts an end to the matter and i really hope people will come along and cheer us on...we deserve it!!!!

Glad you came on here and cleared that up, about time we heard from a Looe spokesman.

So , why exactly, is the Manager facing a 2 year ban?

Think there are some confused people on here;

1) Any indiscretion Looe may or may not (yet to be proven!) have committed happened in the Duchy League, NOT the Junior Cup, so why call for them to be kicked out of that competition - sour grapes from teams they've beaten maybe?

2) Any punishment meted out by the Duchy League wouldn't automatically be backed by the CCFA unless any county rules have been broken (which I'm not sure they have)

3) Let's not make this into another "Ben Andros" affair, after the mess of allegations and accusations of the last one.

Looe have beaten some very good sides en route to the final and are there on merit, so let them enjoy their day on Monday - anything relating to the Duchy League will, I'm sure be dealt with in due course.

As manager of a rival club, with grudging respect for their rise from Duchy 5 to Duchy Premier, I for one hope Looe do the East of the county proud and win the Cup.

Guest couldnt score in a brothel

As I understand it he is facing the two year ban for fielding the player under another name against Gunny, which he fully regrets but we had asked the league if we could postpone the fixture because we were carrying alot of injured players and needed to rest them for the replay the following wednesday. The manager wrote a letter to the league asking them to punish himself more severly than the club as it was his decision alone to play him, but as i said earlier a 7 day had been put in for the player and as far as the manager was concerned would be a fully legitimate member of the squad the following week, so made a snap decision to play him. I know rules are rules but there was certainly no cheating going on. I was told the reason other clubs have been relegated for such behaviour is because they have initialy tried to deny they have done it. Our manager held his hands up straight away. I hope they let him off totally as I doubt very much that anyone will step up with the same commitment and passion for the club. We all know what it takes to manage one team let alone three!

Guest Jimmyruff

Think there are some confused people on here;

1) Any indiscretion Looe may or may not (yet to be proven!) have committed happened in the Duchy League, NOT the Junior Cup, so why call for them to be kicked out of that competition - sour grapes from teams they've beaten maybe?

2) Any punishment meted out by the Duchy League wouldn't automatically be backed by the CCFA unless any county rules have been broken (which I'm not sure they have)

3) Let's not make this into another "Ben Andros" affair, after the mess of allegations and accusations of the last one.

Looe have beaten some very good sides en route to the final and are there on merit, so let them enjoy their day on Monday - anything relating to the Duchy League will, I'm sure be dealt with in due course.

As manager of a rival club, with grudging respect for their rise from Duchy 5 to Duchy Premier, I for one hope Looe do the East of the county proud and win the Cup.

Im sure the rest of the Lanreath team will join me in giving Looe our best for the finals... when we heard the news, there was talk of a reinstatement but this was never gonna happen.... The county cup competition is nothing to do with the league and they have done very well to get through (beating a very good lanreath side :thumbsup: ).....

Good luck for the final......

And J.....the profile name is only too true bloke!!!! :P

I have officated down at looe on many occasions . I have always found the club very welcoming and honest. As for the manager Mick he is one of the best and friendliest bloke in the leagues. I wish Looe town all the best in the final and hope that they bring it home for the East of the county. But on a more serious note it show how honest and up right Mick is to put his hands up and openly admit his error, I would like to thank Mick for all the times he made me feel welcome at Looe and wish him all the best in what he decides to do now.

Ian Spurling (Referee)

CSIAB - I've only just seen this thread and read through it, so can only use the information on here. But you say what your manager did isnt cheating because he was in the process of putting in 7 days for the player and he was from a div 2 side? That is rubbish! Doesnt matter if he is from a Div 2 side or Wayne Rooney, he knowingly played under a false name - which is cheating. There are rules to go by, which Looe have broken. A clerical error would be something which Torpoint suffered from earlier this season when playing a player they thought were signed on but wasnt, we had a similar things a few years ago.

Not saying you should be chucked out the cup as this is a league issue, but if the info I read is correct, it is cheating.