Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread

Recommended Posts

Latest Table after Saturdays Matches


Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 27th February 2010


Falmouth Town Reserves (Steve Winnan 2) 2-2 Holman SC (Rob Hosking, Ben Gadson)

Att - 50

Helston Athletic (Jordan Adlard) 1-3 St Agnes (Tom Benney 2, James Thomas)

Att - ???

Illogan RBL (Phil Willey 2, Jason Roberts) 3-0 Porthleven Reserves

Att - 35

Ludgvan (Mike Cruse) 1-4 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Dan Richardson 2, Jason Roberts, Matthew Potts)

Att - 30

Mullion (Rob Carey) 1-0 Portreath

Att - 35

Newquay Reserves (Dave Rabone 2) 2-2 St Day (Bryan Hawke 2)

Att - 91

Perranwell (Steve Allen, Andy Hill) 2-0 Wendron CC United

Att - 52

RNAS Culdrose 0-2 Penzance Reserves (Ashley Thomas, Steve Hancock)

Att - 18

St Just (Darren Steadman 3, Nathan Jackson, Scott Meagor) 5-0 Hayle Reserves

Att - 45

Troon (Daniel Bell 2, Matt Witts, Johnny Jones, Shane Richards) 5-1 St Ives Town (Chris Lock)

Att - 25

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Newquay 2 - 2 St Day

After a hard-fought 1-1 draw at Vogue park earlier in the season, Newquay and St Day shared the points after a high-tempo game at Mount Wise. Newquay started well and immediate pressue paid off as David Rabone's header fell to Christian Lett who played in Dan Carne, who was unlucky to see his angled drive beat the goalkeeper and cannon off the crossbar to safety. Just minutes later Shaun Lawrence's deep cross evaded everyone in the St Day box and bounced agonisingly wide of the far post. Despite having the most presentable chances early on, Newquay fell behind when the ball was lost in midfield when Newquay looked to press forward. St Day broke with pace and an excellent block from Andy Morris fell to Brian Hawke who sidefooted home from ten yards. Despite the setback, Newquay battled their way back into the game without really threatening the St Day goal. The main moment of controversy happened on the touchline when Rabone was brought down by Wasden, who collected a booking for a late challenge. As Rabone received treatment, Sy Winnan approached Newquay physio Pete Anstey and Winnan also picked up a booking for his troubles after a pitch-side drama.

The second half continued in the same vein, with a poor challenge from behind by Dean Blatch on Rabone in the centre of midfield, with the St Day captain picking up a bizarre booking after comments to the referee with the foul only punished with a free kick. Rabone had given Wasden and Blatch plenty of competition in the air and a rapid-fire double to make it 28 goals for the season turned the game on its head. With Lett working hard on the right flank, he forced a corner which Lawrence drove into the area. Rabone was on hand to power home a header from ten yards to equalise. Moments after kick-off Dan Carne collected the ball on the right and eased his way past Wasden who stuck out a leg and brought him down - with all eyes on the St Day player after his first-half booking, Carne's pass was perfect for Rabone to power through and lift the ball around the St Day 'keeper for his second goal within a minute.

Tom Taylor managed to maintain the lead when he cleared the ball from the Newquay line and Dom Pullen somehow managed to slice wide from six yards when presented with a golden opportunity in front of goal. St Day finally got back into the game when the referee, who had a relatively good game in the middle, awarded St Day a penalty with ten minutes remaining after he adjudged a Newquay defender to have handled in the area - an unpopular decision amongst the Newquay ranks. Brian Hawke stepped up and mis-hit his spot kick, with the ball finding its way into the net via the post.

The final ten minutes didn't provide a clear cut chance and Newquay will feel disappointed to only take a point after their relatively young side took on an experienced St Day outfit that is looking for promotion from the Combination League this season.

Attendance - 91.

Gucci handbag man of the match award is shared by Winno and Pasty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perranwell 2 Wendron 2/3?

Perranwell went 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go through a penalty and then sealed it with a 2nd a few minutes after

Played in a good spirit apart from the perran player who got sent off, who seemed 2 be looking 4 trouble all match and complaining about every decision the ref gave, Good luck for the rest of the season :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perranwell 2 Wendron 2/3?

Perranwell went 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go through a penalty and then sealed it with a 2nd a few minutes after

Played in a good spirit apart from the perran player who got sent off, who seemed 2 be looking 4 trouble all match and complaining about every decision the ref gave, Good luck for the rest of the season :thumbsup:

Well i thought his first yellow card was harsh and i never saw what he did to get sent off! but someone in the club said he kicked out , but they also said that the guy who he did was elbowing !! but the Wendrons lino got him sent off as the ref didn't see it!! And what a lino he was!! one he was.... a retired ref even gave him some stick!! But Gavin in goal said he touched the ball 6 times :c::thumbsup: But its 3 points!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kempy I agree that the 1st yellow was a bit harsh but then again I myself got booked for kicking the ball away 3 games ago,it depends upon how the referee interprets it and whether he thinks it was deliberate. It would be good to get peoples views on it. As far as the 2nd yellow goes I was to far away to see it but it does not matter whether there was an elbow involved or not he still should not have retaliated. Calling our linesman a cheat is wide of the mark, I do not know his name but he is qualified referee who has refereed to a high standard and has little motive for cheating. Mabye if the striker who got sent off learned the rules himself he would realise why he was offside so much and play like his partner who did a fine job at staying onside :thumbsup: Forgot to add in my last post hotdogs after the match, different but tasted great :clapper:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Troon 5 (Danny Bell 2 Matt Witts Johnny Jones Shane Richards) St Ives 1 HT 3-0 att 25

We decided to give Troon a 3 goal start yesterday before we started playing, Surprisingly enough they went on to win comfortably despite Chris Lock making it 3-1 at one stage.

Very sad news to pass on, Paul Fox who has played for St Ives for 20 years as man and boy was killed performing his duty for the country on Friday in Afganistan. Paul was a combative midfielder who led from the front at football and i am sure he did the same in the Army. Best wishes to his family from us all at the football club.

Thanks to Troon for observing our minutes silence and good luck for the rest of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Falmouth Town 2-2 Holmans

Att 50

Unexpected point for the visitors at Bickland Park against 2nd placed Falmouth Town. Falmouth started the better of the 2 sides and following a defensive mix up were unlucky not to take an early lead. Both sides had chances however Rob Hosking ran through from a good pass from Dom Batchelor and was on target to take the visitors 0-1 up. Falmouth continued to have chances at the other end and were guilty of some poor finishing although Holmans defence were looking pretty solid. Falmouth managed to equalise 5 min into injury time of the 1st half

HT 1-1

Falmouth started the 2nd half strongly and were beginning to exert more and more pressure on the Holmans back line but the visitors were always looking dangerous on the counter attack and so it proved to be when a Falmouth attack broke down and Holmans countered with a powerful shot from 19 year old Ben Gadson to go 1-2 up. Falmouth continued to create chances and were finally rewarded when Holmans veteran keeper Adam Batchelor could only parry a save a goalmouth scramble ensued although one shot was blocked by defender Rob Hopkins Falmouth finally found the back of the net 2-2

The last 20mins saw Holmans in some back to the wall defending and although their was an appeal for handball in the final 5 min the scoreline finished 2-2 frustrating title chasing Falmouth but a good well recieved bonus for the struggling visitors

Holmans entertain Mullion at Blaythorne next Saturday kick off now back to 3pm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...