Cornwall Football Forum

Senior Cup Semi-final draw

They couldn't have wished for a better draw, although probably Camelford and Godolphin are also thinking the same!

I wonder which of their players can be seen as the following:-"The Piskie is a general name for a fairy race or tribe in Cornwall. In appearance they look like old men with wrinkled faces, and are small in stature with red hair. They dress in the colours of the earth especially green, using natural materials such as moss, grass and lichen.

Generally the piskies are seen as cheerful creatures with a prankish nature. They are said to be helpful but also mischievous, helping the elderly and infirm whilst sometimes leading the more able bodied traveller astray on the lonely moors. Many stories relate to travellers being led into the wild moorland to become hopelessly lost because of the Piskies." :c::yahoo:

I suppose the "travellers being led into the wild moorland to become hopelessly lost" could be Saltash United and St Blazey :thumbsup:

Illogan would probably have picked that draw yes but having won at Saltash and St.Blazey they should be pretty confident...shades of Nanpean in the mid 90s perhaps.

Not the draw St.Austell would have wanted let's be honest! However, it's off to Penryn tomorrow and hopefully a win to set up what would be a very interesting semi. If we retain the cup it'll be done the hard way!

Iv seen that Bodmin v Penryn is at Blaise Park but not sure where the other semi final is, heard that it is at either Newquay or Penryn, could anyone confirm?

Should be a cracking replay at Godolphin Way if yesterday was anything to go by, both Camelford and Godolphin played some good football in heavy conditions and although i can imagine the Godolphin lads will be gutted to have conceded an equaliser with only a minute left to play in extra time, neither side deserved to lose.

Both sets of players were a credit to there clubs, the only sour note was the constant abuse the referee received from a small group of Godolphin supporters, the game was stopped on a number of occassions which neither side wanted.

Camelford scorers;

Paul Menhinick 2

Paul Banks

Godolphin scorers;

Phil lowry 2

Aaron Dilly

not sure where the other semi final is, heard that it is at either Newquay or Penryn, could anyone confirm?

I would imagine the venue isn't going to be confirmed until the winners of the remaining tie is decided. Presumably from the two grounds you've heard - it'll be Newquay if Camelford win replay; Penryn if Godolphin go through.