Tuesday:

Premier:

Launceston 0-1 Elburton Villa

Saltash United P-P Bovey Tracey

Devon St Lukes Bowl 2nd Round:

Barnstaple Town P-P Cullompton Rangers

Wednesday:

Throgmorton Cup Quarter Finals:

Bodmin Town 1-0 Liverton United (7.45pm)

Exmouth Town 0-4 Buckland Athletic

Tavistock 0-0 Plymouth Parkway (Tavistock win 5-4 on pens)

Totally agree. Matches are called off far too easily nowadays.

What confuses me is Bodmin calling off a match because they can't push a key down 3 inches (or whatever it's supposed to be), yet I turn on the telly to see matches in football league being played on pitches that are frozen hard.

I don't know a lot about football and have never claimed to (I am just a fan after all), but can anyone provide an explanation for this?

What confuses me is Bodmin calling off a match because they can't push a key down 3 inches (or whatever it's supposed to be), yet I turn on the telly to see matches in football league being played on pitches that are frozen hard.

I don't know a lot about football and have never claimed to (I am just a fan after all), but can anyone provide an explanation for this?

FL & Prem clubs have whopping big insurance policies to pay big wages, clubs at Step 6/7 don't. The limited cover available for the amount of premiums paid, wouldn't cover the cost of petrol to a physio let alone treatment or loss of earnings etc.

Would you risk not paying the mortgage/rent for a game of football ? As per your own statement, it is agreed, you know very little about football.

but can anyone provide an explanation for this?

Is it NOT the referee that calls the game off, not the club? Cant blame the clubs for the refs decision! I'm also sure that the pitches shown on tv are not frozen hard otherwise they too would be called off.

FL & Prem clubs have whopping big insurance policies to pay big wages, clubs at Step 6/7 don't. The limited cover available for the amount of premiums paid, wouldn't cover the cost of petrol to a physio let alone treatment or loss of earnings etc.

Would you risk not paying the mortgage/rent for a game of football ? As per your own statement, it is agreed, you know very little about football.

I don't know many fans that do!! Helpful post though. Thanks

Strong line up for the semi-finals of the cup as Bodmin, Tavi and Buckland progress.

They will be joined by either Marines or Alphington.

I was in newquay sports centre yesterday and a groundsmen from up country came and took a core sample from the pitch, he told us the reason why the pitches were so wet.He said about 2 feet down the ground is still frozen and because the temperature has not been higher enough to defrost it. We need some mild weather to defrost it, all the rain we have been having has not been able to drain away causing a sponge effect hence alot of games being called off