Illogan Vs St Blazey

watched the game 3-1 illogan

2-0 ht

3-1 full time

illogan scorers

simon ellis

phil willey

danny williams

illogan didnt look out of place at all faced a hard opening 20 mins then form a corner cowps headed on to the bar which simon ellis followed up to score! 5 mins later andy cowper got the ball on the wing and and crossed in for phil willey to head nicely into the bottom corner. After half time illogan faced a lot of pressure and all ilogns back five played outstanding in dealing with including some great saves from barry wyatt! st blazey did eventually break down the defence with a nicely worked move. with 25 to go blazey again got there passing game going with illogan holding on and agian barry being called up on! however the last laugh went to illogan as luke abbott-smith put an amazing ball over the top which subsitute danny williams brought down and clinically finished past the blazey keeper. fuly deserved for illogan got in thier faces all game and a great turn out form the illogan fans going down to blazey aswell. the team supporters and definatley the management shoudl be very proud of the overall effort put in to winning the match!

A woeful performance today at Blaize Park. Started the game so strongly but faded away and played so slowly that my Grandma would have been comfortable marking some of the Blazey players. And when you have a team with a lack of height, you dont take a short corner to your tallest player and then cross is to someone less than 6 foot being marked by two strong centrall defenders. Some of our play wasnt bad but the crossing was shocking. Far to many times the ball in went of play, or was to slow coming in and the ball was cleared. In the end we couldnt even throw the ball in from a throw in!!

Credit to Illogan though, they came and had a go and played well and fully desearved the victory. No complaints what so ever. The banter with the away fans was brialliant. You wont get that from any club left in the competition!!

Well, onwards and upwards, Elburton at home next week. Maybe a few wage packets should be left behind after todays performance!! :angry2:

I didnt hear that Dave as I had to go to work after the game. Bloody right to. We have ever faith in Glynn and Laffs. Times are hard so you cant throw good money at things. Well, theres always next week. Top 4 is the main aim as there prize money from 1st to 4th. Any lower and well end up with a Europa league spot!! :D

Another fantastic result for Illogan well done lads, Im not really sure if the result was a shock to be honest, the side that Illogan have established this season is one of the most well balanced sides I have seen for a while in JCCL, they are head and shoulders above any team we have played this season, and fully deserved the success they have achieved so far. Dont be surprised if you see them go all the way to the final. Good luck lads.

Took the mrs and daughter down blaise park for the last half hour for abit of fresh air!!! :mellow: Thought Illogan defended superbly and Danny took his goal on the break brilliant.Im sure Glynn and Laffs did,nt take the game lightly and from what i,ve seen this season i dont think the Illogan lads should fear anyone in their semi-final.Could be another Nanpean from many years ago!!! Good luck Illogan :clapper:

well done illogan,and good on u dan to take defeat so gracelessly :c::clapper:

[/qu

I would not say its a shock really as i have seen and played against teams in a higher league! and the team spirit does shine through!! Illogan have a good settled team who have been together a while and can work as a unit !

And in between the sticks is a guy who's dad i played with many years ago along with the manager and whole hearted guys too!! Good luck ! but i hope we get 3 points at Oxland Park ! :c: :clapper:

Id just like to add that the Illogan goalkeeper was first class. Not only for pulling off a 3 or 4 good saves to win them the tie but also for being a good sport with the banter and singing with the Blazey fans. He took plenty of stick and many have took it all the wrong way but he did the right thing and actually enjoyed it. ;)

Blimey Dan, don't you sleep - 3.38 AM? Maybe you're nocturnal! Bad day at the office for St Blazey but take nothing away from Illogan who were well worth it. They soaked up a lot of pressure in the second half with some good defending and some excellent goalkeeping and I don't suppose for one minute they will be bothered about who they meet in the semi-final.... and quite right too! :clapper:

Big day today and my body didn't see any sleep between 1 and 5. Did manage to catch some of the Ice Dance from the Winter Olympics though! :clapper:

I hope Illogan get the Lilywhites in the next round (if they can get past Penryn) and knock them out. I couldn't handle seeing Snozzle win it 2 years on the trot! :unsure:

Big day today and my body didn't see any sleep between 1 and 5. Did manage to catch some of the Ice Dance from the Winter Olympics though! :clapper:

I hope Illogan get the Lilywhites in the next round (if they can get past Penryn) and knock them out. I couldn't handle seeing Snozzle win it 2 years on the trot! :unsure:

Im pretty sure IF we do end up drawing Illogan in the next round, we will approach the game with alot more professional attitude than you boys did... From your post you obviously believed you were going to cruise the match, and it seemed like the boys on the pitch had the same attitude, and underestimated your opposition. Money can't buy team spirit, and that's one thing Illogan certainly wasn't short of... Having said that, neither are we at St.Austell, so I'm sure it would be a great match up if it were to happen... Lets be honest though Dan, if we do get knocked out.. at least we are still in the running for 2 other competitions... :clapper:

great result for us, we felt confident we could pull off another shock and thats exactly what we did! just like to thank everyone that made it and cheered us on, my proudest footie moment to date :)

Keep playing like that jase and you and the boys will have more great days im sure.Awesome performance and a show of team spirit that made every traveling illogan fan proud of the team.special mention for the boss who kept things cool and calm at half time and made sure we didnt get carried away with it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::c::yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Im pretty sure IF we do end up drawing Illogan in the next round, we will approach the game with alot more professional attitude than you boys did... From your post you obviously believed you were going to cruise the match, and it seemed like the boys on the pitch had the same attitude, and underestimated your opposition.

I can't argue with that at all. I do think we were guilty of underestimating the opposition,

Shame we're gone really, because a St Blazey v St Austell match up would have seen a bumper crowd.

Good luck.