Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 20/02/2010

Mining 3

Goonhavern 2 - 3 Carbis Bay

Well where do we start...marks out of 10 for football - big fat zero....marks out of 10 for whinging/moaning/fighting - 10.....this was not a spectacle....just an excuse to keep lumps out of each other...not a Saturday afternoon I enjoy....plus side...we gave Carbis Bay a close game...could of nicked it at the end...before Carbis scored the winner with 6 minutes remaining.....

minus side - my first yellow ever....28 years of football...1st late challenge...booked!! :(

2nd thing....can Mr Norman....give my right nipple back...probably got it as souvenir on his wall!!...my chest looks like its been clawed by one of the x-men!!

goals for Goonhavern - Andy M and Carl L...

Mining 3

Well where do we start...marks out of 10 for football - big fat zero....marks out of 10 for whinging/moaning/fighting - 10.....this was not a spectacle....just an excuse to keep lumps out of each other...not a Saturday afternoon I enjoy....plus side...we gave Carbis Bay a close game...could of nicked it at the end...before Carbis scored the winner with 6 minutes remaining.....

minus side - my first yellow ever....28 years of football...1st late challenge...booked!! :(

2nd thing....can Mr Norman....give my right nipple back...probably got it as souvenir on his wall!!...my chest looks like its been clawed by one of the x-men!!

Mr.Norman has no idea who any of you are, he's asking which nipple it is as a few of you had 7?

Mining 3

Mr.Norman has no idea who any of you are, he's asking which nipple it is as a few of you had 7?

not going to stoop down to your level...mr Neanderthal man...been said before on the forum...biggest moaners since the dawn of man!!

Mining 3

not going to stoop down to your level...mr Neanderthal man...been said before on the forum...biggest moaners since the dawn of man!!

beaten by a team of Neanderthal's, must be pretty embarrassing! 3 POINTS, GET IN!!

Mining 3

beaten by a team of Neanderthal's, must be pretty embarrassing! 3 POINTS, GET IN!!

Big Mac......and i will go large for an extra 30p thank u

Guest Bundiwilliams

portreath 3-5 porthleven

goal scorers duane britten 2 steve trezona 1

porthleven took a 3-0 lead in at half time, but out come portreath all guns firing second half and pull back two within 20 minutes, now i aint saying the linesman was cheating but within 10 minutes we had 6/7 offsides when we were on tops and the linesman was very slow in putting up the flag, well he instantly put it up once his centre back told him to.

but forget about that, portreath are improving every week, i thought we really deserved something today, a penalty which was very close to being inside the box and a great handball at the back post for there 5th

but a record broken for us, we scored 3 goals in a match lol

a special mention goes out to STUART LEESON, ALEX BARNES, SCOTT THOMAS and LEON GILBERT

all these players are regular names on the team sheet of mining 2 football teams but didnt have a game today, they couldnt get into there first team squad for reason only there manager knows but they played bloody awesome, did themselves proud and there first team manager is a crazy man not to have them playing for him. but we wont go in to that, his loss is portreaths gain!!!!

we are improving every week and thats something we have asked the squad to do. it was a bloody good game from everyone today and i am sure if you ask porthleven we definately deserved something today and i can see us upsetting afew teams yet!!!!!

sorry above post should be in combo thread ooopppssss

Mining League Div. 1

Trevenson Utd. 2 .v. Goonhavern 2

I think a draw was a deserved result for both sides in the end. For the first 20 minutes or so Goonhavern came flooding forward causing us no end of problems but somehow we took the lead when Andrew ' Mushy ' Symons squeezed between 2 defenders and sent the 'keeper the wrong way. Goonhavern were straight back into the game though as their man was unmarked in the box to finish well with a header. Goonhavern definitely had the better of the opening period with their pacey front line constantly asking questions of us but we had Nathan Hughes and Carl ' Stretch ' Stretton working well up top on the counter. Second half was much more of an even contest. We seemed to find and keep our shape a lot better and vice-captain Sam Mayou was finding space to release some quality balls from the centre of the park. Mushy was on fire and had the beating of his man for most of the second half that saw us muster some testing shots and, after chasing a ball down, Mushy managed to get something on it under pressure in the six yard box to get the ball past the 'keeper and see it trickle over the line. Unfortunately, as in the first half, Goonhavern equalised almost straight away when a cross into the box was there for the taking by Leigh Isaacs in goal after a big shout but somehow ended up in the back of our net. The remainder of the game was pretty much end to end stuff and there was some good football played by both sides which was a good advert for division 1 football.

We've had 2 cracking games against Goonhavern now and we would like to wish them all the best for the remainder of the season. Trevenson Man of the Match chosen by Rod Bowman - Darren Copeland.

Mining League Div. 3

Newlyn Non-Athletico 3 .v. Trevenson Utd. Res. 3

Another fair result by all accounts. Trevenson took the lead when, from a throw, Dan Bowman headed it goalwards and the 'keeper got something on it but only succeeded in helping it into the net. Newlyn passed and moved well throughout the game and took a 3 - 2 lead. Move of the match was Trevenson's third and equalising goal when Robbie Bailey turned the years back by going on a marauding run forward, getting to the bye-line and cut the ball back for Dan Bowman to complete his hat-trick with about 4 minutes left on the clock.

Mining 3

GULVAL RES 1-0 PERRANPORTH 3RDs

Cant give a match report unfortunately as i was ill :( .

From what i can gather, we scored after about 2 mins then a healthy battle ensued. All my lads have contacted me to say it was a good hard battle.

Another 3 points in the bag, on to the cup next week!!

Look forward to meeting Perranporth again next week.......

Well done to my lot and thanks to Rhondda for taking the reigns in my absence :thumbsup:

Mining League Div. 1

Trevenson Utd. 2 .v. Goonhavern 2

I think a draw was a deserved result for both sides in the end. For the first 20 minutes or so Goonhavern came flooding forward causing us no end of problems but somehow we took the lead when Andrew ' Mushy ' Symons squeezed between 2 defenders and sent the 'keeper the wrong way. Goonhavern were straight back into the game though as their man was unmarked in the box to finish well with a header. Goonhavern definitely had the better of the opening period with their pacey front line constantly asking questions of us but we had Nathan Hughes and Carl ' Stretch ' Stretton working well up top on the counter. Second half was much more of an even contest. We seemed to find and keep our shape a lot better and vice-captain Sam Mayou was finding space to release some quality balls from the centre of the park. Mushy was on fire and had the beating of his man for most of the second half that saw us muster some testing shots and, after chasing a ball down, Mushy managed to get something on it under pressure in the six yard box to get the ball past the 'keeper and see it trickle over the line. Unfortunately, as in the first half, Goonhavern equalised almost straight away when a cross into the box was there for the taking by Leigh Isaacs in goal after a big shout but somehow ended up in the back of our net. The remainder of the game was pretty much end to end stuff and there was some good football played by both sides which was a good advert for division 1 football.

We've had 2 cracking games against Goonhavern now and we would like to wish them all the best for the remainder of the season. Trevenson Man of the Match chosen by Rod Bowman - Darren Copeland.

Pretty fair reflection on the game. Goonhavern could have been 3/4 goals up before Trevenson took the lead. Goonhavern equalised through Craig Brown and continued to have the majority of the play but the half ended 1-1. Second half was a different story. Goonhavern decided not to play any football and Trevenson really came into the game and had a fair few chances on the counter attack with their quick guys causing our backline a fair few problems. Trevenson restored the lead when the ball took a ricochet and fell kindly to 'Mushy' who's probably hit a cleaner strike before but it somehow made its way in. Once again Goonhavern were back on level terms shortly after when Kevin Tonkin headed in a corner. Goonhavern's keeper atoned for his earlier error by making some smart saves. Goonhavern missed two open goals, although on both occassions the angle was tight. Reffed really well. I'd be surprised if Trevenson didn't start to pull away from the bottom - given us two tough games.

Mining League Div. 3

Newlyn Non-Athletico 3 .v. Trevenson Utd. Res. 3

Another fair result by all accounts. Trevenson took the lead when, from a throw, Dan Bowman headed it goalwards and the 'keeper got something on it but only succeeded in helping it into the net. Newlyn passed and moved well throughout the game and took a 3 - 2 lead. Move of the match was Trevenson's third and equalising goal when Robbie Bailey turned the years back by going on a marauding run forward, getting to the bye-line and cut the ball back for Dan Bowman to complete his hat-trick with about 4 minutes left on the clock.

Fair result and a good contest. Kelvin Hearn rolled back even more years for our third with a great near post header from a corner. Apologies again about the lack of changing rooms!

Mining 1

Newlyn NA 2 Threemilestone 2

Jollys Shield

Marazion Res 1 Rosudgeon Res 3

A tight game and a hard battle,Phil Tanser opened the scoring for Rosudgeon even though we were playing in my opinion the worst we've played all season :angry:

In fairness to Marazion they done everything they could legal or not to put us off our game,And clearly took a disliking to Man Of The Match Zac who kept outplaying everyone on the pitch so they decided to hack him down every time he got the ball,But Zac took it like a man and kept getting up and kept coming back :clapper:

H/T 0.1

Second half we improved slightly but Marazion levelled,Rosudgeon created a few good chances which did'nt want to go in,Then we made the switch by bringing 'Cesc' and Geordie of the bench and we contiued to push for the goal.Geordie started to find the space for himself and others as we grew stronger.A quick free-kick from Cesc on the left to Geordie led to a deep cross-shot that flew in the top corner and handed us the game.Marazion's heads had gone and we went on to score the third through Chico with his 2nd of the season.We got the result which is the main thing but we really need to find our form again and fast,Wendron in the league next week and on we go.

Man Of The Match:Zac,A class above everyone else all day long and really starting to show what he's all about.

Donkey:Gulley,kept losing his head and a shocking challenge to concede a penalty.

Mining 3

GULVAL RES 1-0 PERRANPORTH 3RDs

Cant give a match report unfortunately as i was ill :( .

From what i can gather, we scored after about 2 mins then a healthy battle ensued. All my lads have contacted me to say it was a good hard battle.

Another 3 points in the bag, on to the cup next week!!

Look forward to meeting Perranporth again next week.......

Well done to my lot and thanks to Rhondda for taking the reigns in my absence :thumbsup:

Rob, your "match report" just about sums it up! A healthy battle ensued. Indeed it did. Right from the kick-off, Gulval forced a throw wide on the right, and Terry "Delap" No Balls launched the ball shaped missile right into the mixer where the Perran defenders and goalie watched it land on Trickies head. One nil. Things were pretty even after that, both teams at times playing football on a pitch that tried to prevent the short passing game. Phil Harvey had a good shot from the edge of the area well saved by the Perran keeper, and at the other end, Ben Reeve saved at full stretch as the Perran attack broke down the middle and shot well from just inside the box. After half time, Gulval were looking right into the sun, making it awkward for the defenders. Perran pressed well, and kept the Gulval defense on their toes. To be honest, there were not really that many goal attempts, as each team battled well and effectively cancelled eachother out! With 10 minutes left, Perran broke out of midfield, and a lob over the advancing keeper saw the ball bounce inches wide. At the other end, Gulval threatened but chances were thin on the ground and eventually the referee blew up. Phew, decent 3 points for the home team to keep promotion hopes right on track!!