Mevagissey Reserves P - P Padstow United

North Hill 2 - 3 Charlestown Saints

St Cleer Reserves 11 - 1 St Newlyn East Reserves

Duchy 3

Premier Sixes 4 - 0 Gunnislake Res

HT 3 - 0

John Meagor 3

Martyn Probert

Might be the best performance of the season, could have been more. Meagor was on fire bagging his first P6 goals. Hopefully the disappointment of the manner of our junior cup exit which dogged last weeks performance against Biscovey is now out of the system.

alturnun 3-2 boscastle !!! alturnun were the better side today and score line doesn't really show it as boscastle battled till the end and scored to late goals but alturnun played the best football on a very wet pitch and deserved there victory boscastle did have 3 second team in there squad today as 3 1st team players were out but no excuses we weren't good enough today roll on next week good luck to alturnun for rest of season hard to see them not winning it now !!!!

am a very gutted padstow player tonight as i really couldnt see how the game was called off today,there wasnt hardly any snow overnight meva way.as i live there and really dont see how the game was called off but fair play if it was waterlogged, look forward to the game when we play you seeing as it was a very close encounter at jury park with a dubious disallowed goal, should be a good game when we finally do playh lots of love blowsy

and before anyone adds any sarcastic stupid remarks if it was called off for health and safety fair enough,i know the pitch doesnt hold any water very well and cant wait to get the match underway, and on a more serious note GREEN ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bodmin Saints 1 - 2 Grampound

Another disappointing result for Saints. To be fair the side can take something from this game as they never stopped battling against the visitors. Grampound were very much the better organised side but the game itself was very close throughout.

Saints player-manager, Joe Orchard made a system change which initially backfired but nevertheless he stuck to his guns and indeed had his hands up at the final whistle. Grampound had taken the lead and could have had three but for a top-drawer save from the home keeper. The powerful shot came in from just two yards but the stopper made a fantastic reflex save to his right. Best save I've seen all season!

The Saints goal was superbly worked. Matt Doney on the left flank passed a sublime ball forward to Shaun 'the-Manc' Cunningham who crossed into the box for Orchard to poke in from close range.

There was a bit of a fracas caused by the ref' at the end as a Grampound defender was badly injured. The whistler had already informed us there were two minutes plus stoppage time left but blew the final whistle thirty seconds later as the player went down in agony. I think the ref' was wrong and to add insult to injury - no pun intended - he informed me he had a wedding to get to! Ref' Tootle was bang out of order. I don't think he was happy about having to wait five minutes for his expenses. Still 'nice suit ref'!'

Well played Grampound, you deserved the points.

Nope, your informant was unreliable.

Time was not up. The injured guy went down before 90 minutes, the ref blew the whistle without re-starting the game.It might have been after time when he blew but due to that one injury; time should have been added. More time should have been added for other stoppages and time-wasting also. No, I'm not complaining about time-wasting, I'm complaining about the ref' not balancing it out.

No, said ref' was already in his Sunday best as I left the Dragon Centre. Over-all he reffed very well until the last moments.

Nope, your informant was unreliable.

Time was not up. The injured guy went down before 90 minutes, the ref blew the whistle without re-starting the game.It might have been after time when he blew but due to that one injury; time should have been added. More time should have been added for other stoppages and time-wasting also. No, I'm not complaining about time-wasting, I'm complaining about the ref' not balancing it out.

No, said ref' was already in his Sunday best as I left the Dragon Centre. Over-all he reffed very well until the last moments.

I thought the ref had a cracking game to be honest. He showed our players his watch 30 secs after i got injured. it said the 45 was up and he was already into stoppage time. Plus he was awarding a freekick for the incident that led to my injury. i think it was a keanly contested match with both sides playing good football throughout. Grampound put in a much improved performance again and deserved 3 points. Although Bodmin were VERY strong in the 2nd half.

Oh and i have damaged my lateral cruciate ligament so you players how thought i was timewasting might apologise when they see me next. Some nasty things i heard while lying on the floor in agony.

Well played both teams and the ref

Pablo, have you not yet realised the referee is the sole timekeeper of the match, so if the referee blows his whistle to signify the end of the match then that`s what it is, the end. I had it myself a couple of weeks ago when the away team manager after the final whistle came up to me and said " you have not played enough injury time" I showed him both of my watches one which I let run down the 45 mins the other which I stop for added time, there was a difference of 4 mins so I had added 4 mins of injury/wasted time, he was not interested all he could do was to show me his watch, I hadn`t the heart to tell him that his watch was useless as far as the game was concerned as my watches were the only ones I went by.

Whoa steady on, I didn't suggest you were time-wasting, playmaker, not at all.I have said I am not complaining about time-wasting, every team does it at some point. I complained the ref' didn't take it into account. Whereas most, if not all ref's do.

The ref had said aloud before your injury there were two minutes plus stoppages to be played. He did not allow that time to be played.

As for the length of a match? It is ninety minutes plus the time a ref' allows for various reasons. My post is clear enough Mr Manning, very clear.

I have also stated the ref did have a very good game until the last moments and that is true. The ref' did say to me he was in a hurry as he had a wedding to get to. Make of it what you will but I know what I think.

The game was mostly played in good spirit as far as I could tell but I was not near the injury incident so have no idea what was said. Playmaker you desribe the game perfectly. I hope you have a speedy recovery mate.

Pablo,

What are you going on about. Your team lost. The best team won on the day.

How could the ref 'balanced it out'?

I have to say, how shocked I was with the behaviour of the Bodmin Saints supporters over the injury. One bloke went up to the ref and said drag him off the pitch he's alright.

The ref asked for a stretcher and for the ambulance to be called and a group of about 5 men said they were not interested. :SM_carton:

I am not suprised playmaker wants an apology, the things I heard were horrible

As far as I was award the game wasn't abandoned, time was up. The ref has the sole discretion of time. Maybe there was more injury time to play but the ref was more concerned about the injured player. If the ref had restarted the game after the injured player was dealt with his watch would have been over any extra time left.

Are you just sore because he waived away the penalty that wasn't.

You come on here every week about the ref, some games are going on without refs because of the abuse they get.

If you are that concerned with refereeing issues take up the course, then u might understand

Duchy 4:

Grampound Reserves 3 Newquay Minor 4

Grampound Reserves might be near the foot of the table; although we've matched most sides this season. Yesterday's game summed up our season; as we gifted Newquay 2 early goals only to waste a host of chances in a game we should have won on clear cut chances. This report will probably not include all of the details in what was a cracking game that had everything, great goals, mistakes, sending offs & lots of great play. Should this have been on Match of the Day you would need the rest of the season to analyse every incident.

Straight from kick-off Newquay Minor threatened with their forwards looking dangerous although they were gifted an opener with Phil Sutherland's savable tame effort creeping over the live; before Marlon Taylor made sure. This seemed to rock Grampound & with under 5 minutes on the clock they were 2-0 up; after a missplaced pass from Jules Woodman Newquay made a couple of quick passes releasing Dom Roberts who's smashed the ball into the bottom corner from the edge of the area. At this point Newquay were laughing & joking thinking that they game was won, this seemed to spur the home team on with player/manager Alastair Woodman in particular rallying his troops & stating that this game was far from over. Young Grampound keeper Adam Smith made a good save from a Roberts effort from range & from this point on Graapound created the better of the chances although Newquay looked good going forward with strikers Taylor & Roberts surely one of the leagues best partnerships upfront.

Grampound almost grabbed a goal back when Jason Retallick's thumping header from a corner was blocked on the line; although the same player may have done better when he fired over after he was first to the second ball. Dan Smith fired when with only the keeper to beat before Grampound eventually pulled a goal back after a huge goal kick from Jules Woodman was flicked on by Budge for Ryan Orchard to calmly dispatch past Tom Berry in the Newquay goal. Retallick came close to equalised after a driving run through the middle he shot from some yards only to see the ball bounce back of the bar with Berry rooted. Just before the break Grampound had a golden chance to make it 2-2 when following a corner Budge laid the ball off to Mike Berry only for Tom Berry to produce a worldclass point blank save from close range.

Grampound knew that despite a shambolic start they were well in this game only to gift another soft goal to Newquay when Taylor had a free header from 4 yards following a corner. Budge almost pulled a goal back being put through on goal his lob hit in the inside of the post & rolled all the way along the goal line with the keeper beaten. The Newquay manager insensed that the referee had over-ruled an offside flag when then dismissed for his protests. On the hour mark Grampound won a free-kick on the edge of the box; and Orchard's effort took a wicked deflection off the wall to wrong foot Berry to make it 3-2. Minutes later Newquay only half cleared a corner & subtitute Kev Toms drive from the edge of the box flew past the unsighted Berry. It really was end to end stuff & this point, with Newquay probably having more of the ball but Grampound created the clear cut chances. Budge hit the bar & then twice fired wide when clean through & Newquay survived a number of goal scrambles as their goal led a charmed life. Player/manager Woodman was booked for a late tackle on Taylor as neither side was giving an inch in what was a highly competitive game. Retallick in the Grampound midfield also made a number of cruching tackles. Following another goal scramble when 2 or 3 players had a chance to shoot eventually Berry made another wonderful save from Orchard as Grampound couldn't force a goal. You had a feeling Grampound would go on to rue these missed & in the last 5 minutes Roberts turned well to find the bottom corner with a shot across Smith in what turned out to be the winner.

Grampound then threw the kitchen sink at Newquay playing near enough a 2-3-5 formation in search of the equaliser. In injury time Roberts was dismissed after a tackle a week late on skipper Leaney & another player soon followed in the book with a later tackle on Andy James. Grampound threw the ball into the box at every opportunity but Newquay defended well to hold on the lead.

Credit must go to Newquay as they played their part in an excellent game; although Grampound feel that had they taken their chances they could have had the game sewn up in the second half.

I have also stated the ref did have a very good game until the last moments and that is true.

I think we're all overreacting here somehow. Pablo admitted that the referee was having a "very good game", however because there is a difference of opinion over whether there should have been a miniscule amount of time added on, you guys have started having a pop at each other!

I hardly think the original comments goes as far as suggesting the referee is being abused. Hopefully the ref in question will read this post and for his next game ensure there is no confusion with regards to communicating, if he has to that is, about how much added on time is being allowed; but, if I was him, more importantly I would be pleased and proud that for most of the game - "I did a very good job" :clapper:

a cracking game between grampound and bodmin saints, thought the ref had a excellent game and i can understand how how bodmin were annoyed even if if 30 seconds left on the clock cos i wouldnt be happy if this happened to me, but end of the day the ref's word is final and he has to think of players safety!

i think broken arrow is talking about the 'pen' after the tackle i made in the box where i did touch the ball first then got my legs tangled with midfielder as i did that i fell on my hip and was told by bodmin players to stop time wasting but i had a big operation on my hip in june so now i dont take any chances, althou they did not know this next time they should think before mouthing off. grampound aint a team who go down easy if they are on the floor, its cause they are hurt

bodmin saints are a very good team and thought the two youngest who came on in the second half were brilliant (right back and right winger) best of luck for the rest of the season

Well said red mist.

It was a good game of footy. the ref' overall was communicative and explained almost all of his decisions except the last one. anyway it's over and done.

I spent time chatting to the injured lad after the game and we had a laugh or two. in fact i found everyone at Grampound good company.