Cornwall Football Forum

Cornish grounds from the train mainline?

Blaythorne can be seen in all it's glory from the south West main line and we pay danger money this season as our shooting has been so poor that you have to take your life in your own hands when retrieving the ball Any keen volunteers who wish to combine a game of football with train dodgeball please contact the Holmans commitee :blink: .

Now that we charge £2 entrance fee for home game fixtures at Holmans maybe I should contact Great Western Railways and ask for a contribution or even better ask CTB if I can include train passengers on our attendance numbers for home fixtures and get our average up!!!! :D

NOT Cornwall but linking on from the previous posting by pitty.

I was at Macclesfield, the railway runs alongside the ground, the ball went out of play into the open goods van of a train that happened to be passing, where it was going we did not know but could go down as one of the longest kicks in football history.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Par running track has 2/3 pitches all next to Par train station, not sure who plays there though. One of, if not, the best view of a football pitch from the 'mainline'.

Perranwell's pitch (not sure if you can call it a ground :) lol ) can be seen when on the truro - falmouth branchline.

• 2 weeks later...