Cornwall Football Forum

Will this be in Massey Mutterings??

Guest Reginald Perrin

Guest Reginald Perrin

Taken from BBC sport website

Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock says assistant referee Trevor Massey should be suspended "for a long time" after their FA Cup draw with Aston Villa.

Television replays showed the official wrongly awarded a corner that led to Villa's late equaliser in the 2-2 draw.

"Their second goal is a disgrace," said Warnock. "We gave everything and in the end we were let down by incompetence.

"I've been told that if Mr Massey got it wrong, he'll be suspended. I hope he is and I hope it's for a long time."

Warnock's cash-strapped Championship side, who are in administration, led 2-1 with three minutes remaining, thanks to a stunning free-kick by Darren Ambrose.

But referee Kevin Friend - on the say-so of Massey - incorrectly awarded the Premier League outfit a corner after the ball had hit Nathan Delfouneso, although the incident occurred at high speed with the referee outside the penalty area.

"I've been told that if Mr Massey got it wrong, he'll be suspended. I hope he is and I hope it's for a long time."

Another idiot who thinks referees sitteth on the right hand of god and cannot make a mistake. I just hope he's talking his usual nonsense.

If every referee that gets a decision wrong is suspended, what do we do next week?