Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 14/2

Guest WendronSun

I'm gutted, I've had to call off the game :SM_carton: because of a lack of players! It's the first time we've really struggled. Hey if it was 5 aside, we'd be alright!

Culdrose Star V Wendron Sunday

Damn Valentines Day and players who are afraid of their girlfriends!! :unsure:

Tremough 2nds 3 v mpad united 4

After going 1 - 0 up through Pete Brewer we (mpad utd) let our foot off the gas allowing Tremough to come back into the game and draw level. But then a good spell before half-time saw us go into the break 3 - 1 up.

with goals from Ben Manley and Glen Jeffery.

We continued well after the break grabbing our fourth after a good move allowed Pete to get his second of the game. But once again we switched off and some sloppy defending allowed Tremough to grab two quick goals and get back into the game.

We also wasted a ridiculous amount of chances throughout the game, which would have made things better for us had we taken.

Oh well, a win is a win and credit to Tremough who kept going until the final whistle.

Yeah that's right Nige, score was PZ Astropark 5 Storm 2 and they did have only 8 players :o . We were shocking today admittedly and probably lucky they only had 8 show up. Storm's lead came after about 10 minutes from a correctly awarded penalty and it seemed their revolutionary 6-1-1 formation was gonna pay off. We struggled to break them down and tended to pass it too much looking for a gap in that crowded defence or put in high crosses that missed everyone. Finally equalised with a great Searlio header from Corey's corner after about half an hour then took the lead straight after. Led 3-1 at halftime, scored again and then Storm pulled it back to 4-2 (probably helped by changing their formation to 5-2-1 :D ).

In the end we got the 3 points but must and will play a lot better. It was kind of hard playing against so many defenders but the Storm lads did a great job and worked hard all the way. Cheers for at least showing up and playing.

Astro scorers

Justin Cook - 2

Paule Searle - 1

Luke Waller -1

Luke Howes, yes, LUKE HOWES - 1 :thumbsup::clapper::thumbsup::clapper:

Man of match - Justin Cook

Crowntown 2 Shortlanesend 9

Crowntown started with 10 and a whole new side and were soon, deservedly 3-0.

The goalkeeper arrived and things started looking a bit more promising but struggled to organise and just kept conceding. One goal for Darren Drew. 6-1 at half time.

Gradually getting organised, Crowntown put in a much better performance in the second half, Darren Drew scoring the goal of the game with a header from a fine cross from new boy Cameron Irish.

It wasn't enough and Shortlanesend managed another 3 in reply finishing 9-3 winners.

The whole game was played in an excellent spirit. No dissent, no unpleasant tackles, just the way it should be.

Note I am finding that every week it seems a challenge to get 11 players on the pitch - all missing for really good reasons. I've never had this problem before and don't like it. Are other clubs finding thsi? Is it maybe because we've missed so many games with the weather and players get used to doing other things?

Note I am finding that every week it seems a challenge to get 11 players on the pitch - all missing for really good reasons. I've never had this problem before and don't like it. Are other clubs finding thsi? Is it maybe because we've missed so many games with the weather and players get used to doing other things?

I think the weather has played a big part this season, especially after all the cancellations before Christmas. I think it put people off committing if it looked likely the game would be postponed.

Note I am finding that every week it seems a challenge to get 11 players on the pitch - all missing for really good reasons. I've never had this problem before and don't like it. Are other clubs finding this? Is it maybe because we've missed so many games with the weather and players get used to doing other things?

This is our first season and we have recently been struggling to get a side together for the last couple of weeks. We've had a poor start to 2010 results wise which has shown the fair weather players from the regulars.. We have 26 players signed on so it really shouldn't be a problem for us!

That's Sunday mornings for you though i guess, being a young side you can never tell where anyone will be waking up after a Saturday night out! :drink:

Truro GWRSA 6 - 1 West Cornwall Sunday

This is the second time in a few weeks we have been on the end of a hammering from Truro despite possibly looking the better side when going forward!!

Truro took most of their chances and defended pretty well to keep us out. After they went 2-0 up a lot of West Cornwall heads dropped and we never looked interested after that. Despite the 10 minutes after we got our goal towards the end of the first half and the first 15 of the second half before Truo got their fifth(where i thought we were by far the better team) we looked very poor all over the park and were well beaten.

Onwards and hopefully upwards though, good luck to Truro who look the only side in the league who will give Tremough a run for their money!

On another note i thought the ref was hilarious! Thank god he hasnt reffed any of our Saturday games this season!! :clapper:

PZ Astropark 5 Storm 2

Always good to find out on your way to Penzance from Truro after a night out that your team only has 8 men! Altho we did a lot better than the last time we went down there with a shortage of players!

Think our revolutionary formation was more like 5-1-1 as with a keeper (well a left back playing in goal) that adds up to 8 <_< . Thought we were gonna hold them to half-time at one point but the numerical advantage eventually told! Thankfully we all worked hard throughout the game this time and never gave up!

Hopefully next time we go down there we will have at least 11 for once!

Scorers

M Grasso 2

Also who updates the Football Mitoo site as our goal scorers havent been updated for 3 or 4 games now??

Mpad 4 Tremough 3

Pete Chocolate Fingers Brewer 2

Ben 2 Behind Mike Cudlipp Manley 1

Glen Left Peg Screamer Jeffery

Another 3 Points Get In There

and myself, injured still having to play in goal. Tremough were always in with a chance of scoring seeing as i couldnt actually bend down to pick my gloves up off the floor at halftime. bit of a problem when your keeper cant bend down to pick the ball up!!!! def wouldve stopped 2 of the goals had i have been fit but hey my place up front isnt in too much danger at present!!!

PZ Astropark 5 Storm 2

Always good to find out on your way to Penzance from Truro after a night out that your team only has 8 men! Altho we did a lot better than the last time we went down there with a shortage of players!

Think our revolutionary formation was more like 5-1-1 as with a keeper (well a left back playing in goal) that adds up to 8 <_< . Thought we were gonna hold them to half-time at one point but the numerical advantage eventually told! Thankfully we all worked hard throughout the game this time and never gave up!

Hopefully next time we go down there we will have at least 11 for once!

Scorers

M Grasso 2

Also who updates the Football Mitoo site as our goal scorers havent been updated for 3 or 4 games now??

Yeah, funnily enough when I picked our team before kick-off I only picked 10 :blink: . Clearly the pressure cooker of football management is taking its toll on me!

As for the Mitoo site, you can update scorers yourself if you've got your log-in password that Bill emailed to all secretaries at the beginning of the season. If you contact him he might still have it? Also need to text score and your scorers to Pidge after the match. Cheers.

As for the Mitoo site, you can update scorers yourself if you've got your log-in password that Bill emailed to all secretaries at the beginning of the season. If you contact him he might still have it? Also need to text score and your scorers to Pidge after the match. Cheers.

We try to update the Mitoo site but need teamsheets to do it. (I think Storm is complete up to last Sunday)

From now on text or email scores/ scorers to me. Preferably attach a scan of the teamsheet.