Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 13/02/2010

FHFL Div 3

Falmouth Athletic 3 Frogpool 1

Frogpool went 1-0 up,then athletic finished the half 2-1 up,if frogpool finished some good chances could have been a different story at half time,second half athletic where most comfortable both teams looking for the next goal athletic got there 3rd and killed of the game.was a fair game really apart from our young centre mid player getting hacked down every time and in the end got what they wanted and had to go off injured!sorry but dont think the ref had best game didnt protect the players resulting in our player going off,i dont mind a tasty challenge but when someone getting hacked everytime ref needs to do something.all credit to frogpool who fought right up uo the final whistle was an enjoyable game to play in,good luck frogpool for rest of the season.

Also heard mawnan 2 falmouth athletic 1 in div 1

fhfl2

penryn 2-0 lizard

after the difficult spell penryn have been going through this was a

much needed 3 points. back to full strength and with new signing

chris wood playing up front penryn and making a huge difference

right from the off, 1st goal was well worked with chris wood heading the ball

to kristan martin for an easy tap in, penryn pushed for a second and came

close with woody but the keeper made a great save, lizard had there chances

but steve prynn in goal was in form making some great point blank saves.

pernyn grabbed a second with about 20 to go and held out to grab a vital win.

ref had a good game.

great performance by everyone too many to name.

mom chris wood

Guest JARVO 2

fhfl2

penryn 2-0 lizard

ref had a good game.

mom chris wood

Very diplomatic bushy.The second goal was a 18yd overhead kick superbly

taken by you. Great goal mate and a great team performance from the 4ths

Well played boys good three points. :drink:

Camborne Park 2-2 Perranwell

Highlight on the match, there was a penalty awarded to Camborne Park, there was a delay before it was taken and the stand in Perranwell goalkeeper played some mind games with there penalty taker, to which he announced to the whole of Camborne that he hadn't missed a Pen in 2 and a half years!!!

Guess what???? He missed it!!!

Great mind games shown by the stand in Perran Keeper!!!

Must say thanks to Camborne Park for letting us switch fixture, due to our first team having a Charity Cup Fixture at home!!

FHL DIV 2

CARHARRACK 0-2 TRISPEN (Rapsey 72,Kay 84)

Shock result as Trispen had a few out as well! No doubt Carharrack are a top side and we rode our luck alot of the time,although having said that we had a goal disallowed(thanks Rich!) and one off the line plus a couple good saves from Dale Paul in goal 1st half.Fair to say Carharrack battered us 2nd half but our keeper Darren Vicary had the game of his life making at least 5 great saves! We scored a couple on the break and the lads defended superbly last 15 minutes.Carharrack certs to be promoted and 5 wins in a row for us lot!!! :thumbsup:

constantine 0 pendeen 4. tine had a player sent off in the first 10 mins for hand ball on the goal line,from the resulting penalty pendeen went 1 -0 up.they soon made it 2 -0 and continued to dominate the first half. much the same in the second half with pendeen adding two more, tine rarely troubling the pendeen goal. pendeen once again guilty off not taking their chances, scoreline could have been a lot more.

Pendeen Roves Res 5-0 Constantine Res

Pendeen dominated game from start to the finish,playing some lovely one and two touch football.... and should have gone in the first half 5 or 6 up....In the 2nd half Constantine tried to raise there game but with not much joy.....Game was defo over as any sort of contest when one of tine players got sent off for dissent.......... :clapper:

Congrats to the 1st team looking strong and the club are looking in a healthy and strong position to push on....one or two 2nd team youngsters looking to start to knocking on the 1st team door !!!!! :c:

Looking at the league table, it looks like Pendeen will get the shout from the Fal/Hel League for a crack at trying to get back into the Combo. It looks like Mousehole have too much to make up.

Lets hope Pendeen pass the ground requirements.

Without a league table I can't tell if either Goonhavern or Storm will go forward from the Mining League.

What's the criteria again ctb? The League table before today's games suggest that possibly neither of the two you said will finish in the top two of the Mining Division One?

1 Illogan 17 15 0 2 61 45

2 Robartes Arms 14 12 1 1 27 37

3 Goonhavern Athletic 19 11 3 5 14 33 *

4 Halsetown 15 8 2 5 26 26

5 St Buryan 11 8 1 2 20 25

6 Four Lanes 14 8 1 5 18 25

7 Threemilestone 14 7 4 3 17 25

8 Storm 13 9 2 2 17 24 *

9 Gwinear Churchtown 15 5 5 5 -1 20

10 Newlyn Non-Athletico 15 5 2 8 -11 17

11 Sennen 15 3 3 9 -16 12

12 Gulval 16 3 3 10 -23 12

13 Redruth United 16 2 4 10 -27 10

14 Chacewater 15 2 3 10 -28 9

15 St Ives Town 17 3 0 14 -49 9

16 Trevenson United 16 2 2 12 -45 8

FHL DIV 2

CARHARRACK 0-2 TRISPEN (Rapsey 72,Kay 84)

Shock result as Trispen had a few out as well! No doubt Carharrack are a top side and we rode our luck alot of the time,although having said that we had a goal disallowed(thanks Rich!) and one off the line plus a couple good saves from Dale Paul in goal 1st half.Fair to say Carharrack battered us 2nd half but our keeper Darren Vicary had the game of his life making at least 5 great saves! We scored a couple on the break and the lads defended superbly last 15 minutes.Carharrack certs to be promoted and 5 wins in a row for us lot!!!

I dont know how to do the quote bits sorry.

Yeh a good game i felt. A game played with good spirt and the way football should be played apart from a few trispen faires lol. yeh an offside given on rappo in first half but didnt faulter the guy to take advantage of some lackluster defending and the cornish hitman punished it. mark van tappin rapsey lol. and then well gary kay of all people scoring from somewhat only could be said as poor defending betteer left at that.

i believe that john row and gary kay both had very good games.. even tho it kills me to say it :(.

i couldnt believe that was darren in goal today he caught stuff and also made some what can only be describe as crackin saves..(a few west briton saves tho) . well done trispen the new counter attacking team of cornish football. i was hoping rappo was gonna take me for a valentines meal with all the money he owes me now from 2005 the interest has take to more than the euro millions jackpot lol..

well played and good luck

fhfl2

penryn 2-0 lizard

ref had a good game.

mom chris wood

fhfl2

penryn 2-0 lizard

ref had a good game.

mom chris wood

Very diplomatic bushy.The second goal was a 18yd overhead kick superbly

taken by you. Great goal mate and a great team performance from the 4ths

Well played boys good three points. :drink:

i will always agree with the write up from jarvo and bushy. penryn 4ths have struggled the past few weeks and the win 2day was exactly what they needed. a great game for both teams. lizard had their chances but with a few great saves from steve prynn stopped lizard completly. penryn had a great game. they had a hatfull of chances in the first half aswell as the second. chris wood and kristan martin had a great game upfront today ( a future partnership building up). the second goal was a great overhead kick from bushy himself which finished the game off today. great win today penryn well done. good luck lizard for rest of season

Thanks for that.

1 Falmouth Albion 18 14 1 3 57 20 37 43

2 Pendeen Rovers 16 14 0 2 47 14 33 42

3 Falmouth Tn A 15 9 1 5 53 28 25 28

4 Constantine * 18 9 4 5 45 42 3 28

5 St Agnes Res * 13 10 0 3 48 22 26 27

6 Mousehole Res 16 8 2 6 39 32 7 26

7 Penryn Ath A 13 8 0 5 35 16 19 24

8 St Keverne 14 6 3 5 31 30 1 21

9 Perranwell Res* 15 5 2 8 38 35 3 20

10 Mawnan 12 5 4 3 34 18 16 19

11 Chacewater * 15 2 5 8 27 48 -21 13

12 Camborne Park 16 3 3 10 21 47 -26 12

13 Falmouth Ath 13 2 3 8 31 36 -5 9

14 Troon Res * 18 1 2 15 23 97 -74 8

15 Holman SC Res * 16 2 2 12 21 65 -44 7

Bushy, great write up of the game. However I would say that an over head kick straight from a corner, and 18 yards out definately gives you man of the match. One of the best games of football to play in today because lizard never gave up making it a 90 minute battle. Great team performance today. Steve prynn making some brilliant saves. Referee was also very good. Tough game next week away at trispen. Please rain! Hopefully we can keep chopper for a few weeks while he gets back to full fitness.

Guest pete norfolk

Perranwell 2 Camborne Park 2 (HT 1-0)

Played at Camborne due to Perranwell's pitch used for cup tie

A game which saw Camborne Park play some of the worse football this season but only 1 down at the break. Second half much the same till a substitution and players changing position changed the game and against the run of play went 2-1 within 5 minutes and missed a penalty inbetween the goals.

Perranwell deservedly equalised to get something out the game which they probably deserved more from.

Ruan Minor 3 Camborne Park Res 0

According to manager a win fully deserved for Ruan Minor and could of been more

Next wk fixtures:

Camborne Park 1st vs Falmouth Town (cup)

Camborne Park 2nd vs Marazion Blues

i went and watched the game at chacewater today and it was a very interesting game in which i think either team could of won, i still feel chacewater had the lions share of possesion and some great chances. i remember in the first half a great chance for one of the chace forwards from about 6 yards out forcing a very quick reaction save from the st keverne keeper i dont no how it didnt go in. st keverne got very lucky with there freekick in the second half which seemed to miss everybody and then squeeze under the chacewater keeper, after that it seemed all chacewater with some very good chances and more very good saves from the st keverne keeper and some very good defending but i feel chacewater must feel they could of easily had a point out of the game and deservedly should of, but you get games where it just seems like theres a blocade in the goal that you just cant get past and i think the keeper was that blocade for st keverne. it would be nice to hear your views on the game soccer follower as i see you play for chace and probably feel you should of had something out of the game. sorry i dont no names of any players as i just went to spectate the game and i am loking for a club to play for and was interested in chace as i live close by.

Guest Grant Mitchell

yes thats what i have been hearing, i am hoping mother peggy will inform all of us about this move.

ur a bloody windup brother but i kinda like it .

Sounds interesting deano. So did duncan whirlwind whatmore get sent off for kicking joe benney? So has duncan whirlwind whatmore signed for penryn? Top player and great signing if this is true. Mawnan really lost a great player when they let him go. Maybe dads army should have fought to keep him. Always welcome out tine whirlwindm

Mark minto kent for england.

Thanks for the impartial report shaneo.

It was,by all reports,a game that Chacewater could and should of won but it's mostly about putting the ball in the net at one end and keeping it out at the other.Chacewater had some gilt edged chances but failed to put all but one away and were punished for this important part of the game.The St.Keverne goalkeeper was also outstanding with a string of fine saves.

The season has been a little stop/start this year with no game fixtured for this weekend at the moment.(unless Gerald can come up with the goods)