Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Latest Table after Saturdays Matches

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2009%20table.htm

Cornwall Combination League

13th February 2010 2:30pm

Ludgvan (Terry Share) 1-6 Hayle Reserves (Sam Charlton 2, Marcus Smith, Elliott Harris,Graham Stirr, Zack Williams)

Att - 17

Portreath 0-2 Holmans SC (Rob Hosking, Rob Press)

Att - 15

RNAS Culdrose (Jack Valentine 2) 2-1 Helston Athletic (Jordan Adlard)

Att - 25

St Ives Town P-P Penzance Reserves

Wendron CC United 0-6 Falmouth Town Reserves (Luke Murray 3, Steve Owen, Bobby Bryant, Darren Friend)

Att - 20

League Cup Q-F 2:30pm

Illogan RBL (Andy Cowper, Garath Pitt) 2-0 Penryn Athletic Reserves

Att - 60

St Agnes (Tom Benney) 1-0 Newquay Reserves

Att - 40

St Day (Andy Dyer 2, Bryan Hawke 2) 4-1 Troon (Johnny Jones)

Att - 32

Supplementary Cup Prelim

2pm (extra time and penalties if needed)

St Just (Tom Mannering 2, Darren Steadman, Chris Curnow, Gary Matthews, Stuart Nicholls) 6-2 Porthleven Reserves (Andy Trathen, Gavin Perrington)

Att - 34

Jman is not doing too good....!! lol, man down

St day deserved thier lead 4-1 at HT, but from then on it was all troon, missed pen, chance after chance after chance missed by troons players, possible 10 good chances, and 10-15 others!! not even blowing that out of proportion! troon switched off for 10 mins in the first half, after going 1-0 up, and st day punished them, taking thier chances, take nothing from st day, good solid team, should do well in the next round who ever they get. Chris B went off, struggling with fitness i think, although i did notice him sprinting towards the chips and sausages after the game so things seemed ok then....??!! lol

All the best to winno and st day in the next round, good little clubhouse, and GREAT, i mean GREAT barmaids.....Bitty!! lol just need to sort the pitch out and they will have a great little set up.

Jman.

illogan 2-0 penryn

we much deserved this win today, great performance by the whole team but some notable performances from aaron clarke, craig williams, luke abbot-smith and rob bray! superb first goal from andy cowper! some shocking decisions for both teams from larry marsh who never moved from the centre circle all game!!!

St Agnes 1 - 0 Newquay

Newquay's cup run came to an end today after failing to take a host of chances in the first half against a spirited St Agnes side. Although St Agnes had a couple of half-chances early on, Newquay went on to dominate the first half and failed to covert a number of excellent opportunities with Rabone, Lett and Carne all failing to break the deadlock.

St Agnes made a much better start to the second half and Tom Benney added to his tally for this season with an excellent header, leaping unmarked to head home after an excellent driven cross from the right. Newquay put continued pressure on the St Agnes goal without really looking like they were going to score. Dan O'Toole had a goal ruled out for offside and Christian Lett thought he'd managed to bundle home a late equaliser when the St Agnes goalkeeper dropped the ball under his challenge. The referee gave a foul - much to the annoyance of the Newquay players - it was one of those decisions that you appreciate as a defending side and feel a little disappointed by if you are the attacking team. Newquay could have played for a lot longer and failed to score, St Agnes were very pleased with their win and we wish them all the best in the next round.

Guest Chris B

illogan 2-0 penryn

we much deserved this win today, great performance by the whole team but some notable performances from aaron clarke, craig williams, luke abbot-smith and rob bray! superb first goal from andy cowper! some shocking decisions for both teams from larry marsh who never moved from the centre circle all game!!!

Shock!

Jman, i changed the game pal.... Granted we were losing when i was on and as soon as i left the pitch we scored 4.

To be far 1st was all st day limiting troon to hoofs up the pitch withexception to shane hitting the bar.. Could of been more than 4 in 1st half, especially as Hawkey skinned 6 players then blast over from 15 yards out.

Great game to watch tale of 2 halfs. Dont think you'll see a more commited team in the league than the Troon.

Best of luck for the season and enjoy your leave Jman.

<< Dan O'Toole had a goal ruled out for offside and Christian Lett thought he'd managed to bundle home a late equaliser when the St Agnes goalkeeper dropped the ball under his challenge. The referee gave a foul - much to the annoyance of the Newquay players - it was one of those decisions that you appreciate as a defending side and feel a little disappointed by if you are the attacking team.

Just as well as Letty was cup tied anyway!!!

Ludgvan 1 (Terry Share)- Hayle 6 ( Sam Charlton 2, Marcus Smith, Elliot Harris, Graham Stirr, Zack Williams)

Well at least it'll make it interesting for the whole season. At both ends of the table! :D

1 Penryn Ath 23 14 9 0 67 16 51 51

2 Falmouth Town 22 14 3 5 59 33 26 45

3 Illogan RBL 19 14 2 3 67 17 50 44

4 Helston 20 14 0 6 86 26 60 42

5 Perranwell 19 12 5 2 52 18 34 41

6 Newquay 23 13 2 8 64 37 27 41

7 Penzance 21 12 2 7 60 39 21 38

8 Troon 20 10 5 5 50 23 27 35

9 St Day 17 11 1 5 69 31 38 34

10 St Just 20 10 3 7 50 34 16 33

11 St Agnes 20 10 2 8 63 39 24 32

12 RNAS Culdrose 19 10 1 8 41 41 0 31

13 Mullion 21 7 4 10 34 52 -18 25

14 Hayle * 20 7 4 9 44 33 11 22

15 St Ives Town 20 7 1 12 31 51 -20 22

16 Porthleven * 22 7 4 11 29 55 -26 22

17 Holman SC 22 5 1 16 38 73 -35 16

18 Ludgvan 20 1 2 17 17 89 -72 5

19 Wendron 22 0 3 19 35 102 -67 3

20 Portreath 20 0 0 20 10 157 -147 0

Just as well as Letty was cup tied anyway!!!

Newquay said that he wasn't cuptied!!! not sure how that works!!

Just another note, the young Newquay linesman did a great job on the line, got every decision spot on!! how on earth he stood out there in a t shirt though was beyond me!!

And the ref was good as well, no idea who he is, but he's always good

I was at the St Day - Troon game as my game was Postponed and can i say how dissapionted i was. The Idiots in and around the Troon Dug-out were a disgrace. Shouting 'Stamp on the c**t next time' and 'Elbow him in the f*****g face'. What was even more unbeliveable was that they had a young child in the dugout area also. What kind of world do we live in? Its only footbal. If the man in the Red hoody was in my dugout shouting things like that then i wouldn't want him at my club. Disgrace. :SM_carton:

On a positive note, on the pitch it was a great advertisement for Combination football and Both teams played hard and mostly fair. Well done. The score could of been 10-9 either way.

Was a really ggod game especially for the neutral. Suppose Im being biased but I would say we deserved the victory it was avery hardfought game. We sat back 2nd half but with us being 4-1 up we thought we could cope and obviously by the scoreline we could. Good luck Matty and Troon. Hope your knees good soon Jamie.

:SM_carton:

As being part of the managerial team from Troon this suppose man in a red hoody was not part of the Troon team or as im aware associated with the club, so therefore we cannot comment on his actions or what was said. The young lad was my son and to be fair he was standing by me for the majority of the 2nd half, apart from him collecting the balls from the field, even though i heard some comments form the touchline i did not hear these. If i had then i would have moved my him away from the area with immediate effect, not denying that this words were not issued, but wanted to clear it up that the gentleman that supposed to throw these insults had nothing to do with Troon FC.

On a football note congratulations to St Day on the win, a torrid 15 mins killed the game off, good luck to the saints in the next round.