Elburton Villa 12 5 2 5 24 19 +5 17

Camelford 16 5 2 9 28 41 -13 17

Holsworthy 14 5 0 9 37 47 -10 15

Nanpean Rovers 14 2 3 9 26 38 -12 9

Callington Town 15 2 2 11 26 54 -28 8

St Columb Major 16 0 2 14 10 89 -79 2

Guest the_wet_otter

St Blazey 4 callington 1

another three points for Blazey. One a piece half time, always in control, two late goals sealed the victory. Nobody talking about us down at Blazey, silent assassins, just the way we like it. Everybody goes on about top strikers in this league, our two forwards in boon and bird, are a match for any of them, and you don't see them lads on this site cherping off, they just score goals, let their feet do thetalking. St dennis, no goals scored in lasttwo games, what's happening there? Another two points dropped though mr rickard....can't keep dropping points can you!? You'll still win it, but...you have alot of games to play against top sides...best you find ya scoring boots again son

Polperro 0-0 St Dennis

A good point gained for both teams in very evenly matched game. I slightly disagree with Ricks and think that we (Polperro) had the better of the chances and controlled the game for long parts of the match. St Dennis are a strong team and I think today was a great advert for Cornish football. A game with several strong challenges and confrontation, but after the 90 minutes both teams shook hands and were friendly (so well done St Dennis).

St Dennis had a few half chances but only really looked threatening on the break from our corners/free kicks/pressure. We too had half chances and ironically in a good solid game, both keepers didn't have a proper shot to safe.

Polperro 0-0 st dennis

Typical top of the table clash really, saints had most of the chances and posession but both teams defended well. Good point away from home.

Sounds like you couldn't beat "the big man" lol. Was it the battle of the Rickards? :clapper:

Not realy mate. There keeper and our keeper didn't realy have a great deal to do.just a case of missed chances which the majority of went wide or over. Were still in a good posission and can go 10 points clear IF we win our games in hand. Having a bad ran at the moment but we will be lookin to get back to winning ways next sat. Need to find the same form as we were at the start of the season.

Is it just the division champions who get promoted, or top two?

top 2 I think dave

ROCHE 6 V HOLSWORTHY 2

Excellent 2nd half from Roche who were 2-0 down at half time with goals from Jones(pen),skelton,Hambley2 and Giljts2 Well done lads :smiley20:

Polperro 0-0 St Dennis

A good point gained for both teams in very evenly matched game. I slightly disagree with Ricks and think that we (Polperro) had the better of the chances and controlled the game for long parts of the match. St Dennis are a strong team and I think today was a great advert for Cornish football. A game with several strong challenges and confrontation, but after the 90 minutes both teams shook hands and were friendly (so well done St Dennis).

St Dennis had a few half chances but only really looked threatening on the break from our corners/free kicks/pressure. We too had half chances and ironically in a good solid game, both keepers didn't have a proper shot to safe.

think a draw was a fair result in the end number 13 was an evenly marched game. Well done to both teams. Played how football should be played :c:

Polperro had a chance cleared off the line a shot from outside the box and a freekick into the Wall in the last 10 mins, but St Dennis dominated for long periods in the 2nd half. The best chance for the home side was a 6 yard header in the last mintue of the first half which went wide.

Saints strikers had 3 chances inside the box in the first half and shot high and wide. Not sure wether Carl or Lee but one should have done better with the keeper to beat on 70 mins but for some reason took it early on the volley and blasted well wide.

Like Ricks10 and number 13 said it was a fair result with neither keeper troubled that much. Thought Dave Gilbert and no 6 had good games for Polperro with Scott Hill and Ryan Hayhurst playing well for Saints.

Dave i think you will find its two up and two down.

ref in my eyes was a decider in this game,gave polperro all the time n kicks that they cud want,was evenly contested tho wen u rule out our(15 or more chances)attempts,point at polperro isnt nothing to b ashamed about,their well organised n disciplined,great bunch of lads all the best for the season guys well done

Cheers Johnnie Bates, I am Dave Gilbert. I enjoyed the game and think that both teams gave 100% and behaved in a good manner.

I shouldn't of been playing as I was ment to be on holiday but had my flights cancelled yesterday while sitting in Gatwick. Got back in the middle of the night but glad to have got a chance to play you guys.

Good luck for the rest of the season and I think we meet again in the last game of the season (could be fun) :D

Guest westcountry boy

Millbrook 3 Elburton 2

This game was contested by two teams who wanted to play football on the ground on the uneven surface. Millbrook scored first from a well taken penalty, after a flying tackle by an Elburton defender. Elburton nearly replied straight away, when Millbrook's keeper saved well when one on one. Almost straight away Millbrook hit Elburton from this, scoring when a neat through ball found the stiker, who placed it past the keeper. By now Millbrook were slightly the better team.

However, a mix up in the Millbrook defence and a miss kick by the keeper let in the Elburton striker who finished well. After this Elburton started to dominate and only a fantastic save from the Millbrook keeper from a free header kept them in front. Elburton continued to dominate until half time.

Second half Millbrook started better, however the game was nip and tuck until a good one two saw Millbrook's winger score their third goal. As happens, Elburton went up the other end and got one back with a cool finish whilst one on one with the keeper. Both teams then had further chances to add to their tallies but Millbrook ended with a 3-2 win, which on reflection they just deserved.

Both teams, especially Elburton were missing key players but both have to be congratulated on an entertaining game.

Massive game next week:

Torpoint Athletic v Plymouth Parkway

Parkway have five games in hand on Torpoint, which, if they were to win all five, would would leave them only a point behind, but if Torpoint win next week's match it may give Parkway too much to catch up.

Bodmin play Torpoint on 17th April, but it may be all over by then.

A long way to go but a hat trick of titles for Ricky's lads is looking more and more likely.

erm i might well be wrong he was buzzing after the game tho saying it was his first goal in 7 years!!!

cracking goal...he scored from the half way line...only bad note of the game was the referee thinking it was premiership and not ecpl pointless sendings off that on any other day or ref...the players would not even have been spoken too

and no goal for boatangalang jonnie..im shocked!!!!

it was annoying especially after rolling the pitch and that but there might be a good reason why we didnt have a ref, have to wait n see.

happy with some results today, polperro dropping points and elburton

yeh it was. edgcumbe need to push for promotion now. think they need a bit more fire power and they should do it. i've heard mutley is still available and willing. surely they should sign him now

Guest ilikethat

Callington Vs St Blazey

Blazey looked very comfortable at the back with a few wiser heads dominating the back line (left back looked a little suspect. The 2 strikers looked very sharp and certainly and handful. The midfield is where I feel blazeys downfall is, the callington midfield bossed it with a few talented young players who looked like they could cause teams problems. But on the whole Blazey have a good team with mixture of young and old, it seemed to work well. Anyone now where the photos of this game is?

Guest MAFC-rb

The game down at the Mill was always going to be a tough one for both sides due to the pitch and the fact both teams were missing players.

The first 20 mins saw Millbrook dominate and on 12 mins saw the millbrook winger brought down in the area after a lunging tackle with H.Hook converting the resulting penalty. 8 minutes later saw a good counter attack and run by the millbrook winger with a neatly played through ball to H.Hook who took the ball wide before slotting home under the Elburton keeper to make it 2-0.

Back came Elburton and a lapse in defence and confusion between the millbrook keeper and centre back let in the striker who placed the ball into an empty net to make the score 2-1, Elburton pressed and had chances but thehome keeper pulled off some good saves to keep the score at 2-1 until halftime.

After the break Elburton threw players forward but a missed chance at one end left the defence open and a speedy Millbrook break resulted in some good work between the winger and striker with R.Bond slotting home after beating the keeper one on one (3-1.....60 mins). Within 10 mins Elburton had reduced Milbrooks lead to 3-2 aftr another defensive lapse saw the striker pounce and send the keeper the wrong way.

Chances were few and far between after that with both teams lacking the killer punch in the last 3rd of the pitch, good counter attacking from millbrook and sturdy defence from Elburton.

A last minute goal mouth scramble all but ended Elburtons chances of a point, final score Millbrook 3-2 Elburton, all in all a fair result looking at the way the teams played

I'm sure tim hyslop had a gd reason but all it woulda taken was 1 phone call. Teams that have played at our place know how much effort we put in puttin up the ropes, nets and dugouts which takes a long time all for nothing. Plus st dominic coming to the pitch for nothing, all in all mr hyslop ruined and wasted about 30 peoples day yesterday...idiot. If he rang we may have even sorted another ref, now it's an extra game to be re arranged.

I suppose it was lucky st Dom are only 30 mins away and we didn't have a team from further away.

On a positive note good to see the lad back after only 5 months out after breaking his leg against us last time.

Further to the Camelford v Nanpean game being called off, I happened to bump into the match official for that game and what he related to me beggars belief, Camelford called in a referee to inspect the pitch, his only doubt was the centre circle which would not take a stud ( has he never played in August ) it was pointed out to him by the appointed referee that it was still 3 1/2 hrs to kick off and that the temperature was above freezing, he was asked by the referee who had called the game off his reply was "I have called it off". Now I have always understood that the only person able to call a game off is the appointed official and in this case he did not call the game off. Further to this a game on the adjacent pitch was played with no problems. I would certainly recommend to Camelford not to use what would appear to be a completely inexperienced official in the future.

Back to the Edgcumbe v St Dominick affair...................

Firstly - Tim Hyslop is totally blameless in this matter. He declared himself unfit last weekend and the match was re-appointed with a different official.

As I understand it, communications must have broken down between the home club and the new referee, who as he never heard anything, obviously didn't bother turning up. It is the club's job to confirm the fixture with the referee early in the week.

Secondly - if any other club experienced problems with referees this weekend - some of this would have been because the Referees Appointment Secretary was taken ill on Monday evening and subsequently out of action since then. He still is and so it may be prudent for the clubs to check their appointments for the coming weekend and ensure they are in touch with each other.

beaves

I`m not sure if you are a player or just a fan, but to answer your remark about the referee thinking it was the premiership and not the ECPL . The two dismissals were wrong and just a talking to would of done, in your oppinion , well if you think it is right to tell a assistant to F##k off then fair point or if you think its right to call someone a c##t during the game then so be it . But as the LAWS OF THE GAMES state in law 12 fouls and misconduct the page Sending-off Offences clearly say under Code S6 ( using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures) this to either an player of the opposition side, a player of his/her own side, to a match official or to any body around the field of play. I might think the referee might of felt a talking to was not really enough, and so to the letter of the law was correct in his actions.

Just to add yes it was a great game with two sides battling out well .

goodsense...i just think that if a red card was dished out every time an incident like this happened there would be more players off than playing!!! even a booking would have made more sense, the biscovey player was obviously frustrated that a clear throwing he had won was given to the linos team..it wasnt like the player turned to him and told him to f**k off, it was said as he walked away! more to the point tho there is no consistancy to swearing it just depends which refree you get on the day..a bit of common sense would be good every now and again :)