Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Latest Table after Saturdays Matches

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2009%20table.htm

you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please. Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 23 January (2:30pm)

Falmouth Town Reserves (Steve Winnan) 1-4 St Just (Tom Mannering, Chris Curnow, Neil Curnow, Darren Steadman)

Att - 30

Holman SC 0-2 St Agnes (Dan O'Toole 2)

Att - 23

Mullion P-P Hayle Reserves

Newquay Reserves (Christian Letts 3, Dan Carne, David Rabone, Micheal Rabone) 6-3 St Ives Town (Chris Lock 2, Martyn Harding)

Att- 35

Penzance Reserves (Jowan May 2, Chris Bullock, Ryan Andrew, Ashley Thomas) 5-2 Portreath (Duane Britton, Kenneth Williams)

Att - 40

Perranwell (Steve Brewer 4) 4-2 Helston Athletic (Neil Southall, Aaron Collick)

Att - 71

RNAS Culdrose 0-2 Troon (Gary Bell, Jamie Marles)

Att - 15

Wendron CC United P-P Ludgvan

Monday 25th January

Ludgvan (Mike Cruse) 1-3 RNAS Culdrose (Stephen Hughes 2, Jack Valentine)

Att - 35

Fal Town 1 St Just 4. We were an absolute shambles today and lucky to get the one, great goal by Steve Winnan though...Chiiiief!

Credit were credit is due though, the ref is an embarrasment!! In no way do I blame him for the defeat, though he certainly didnt help. 1st goal, quick free kick taken 15/20yards nearer the goal from the offence. 3rd goal a pen that was nowhere near the box and 4th a foul on the keeper. On top of that you have failure to walk Scoffs for hurling a level of abuse my delicate ears are unused to. Just a quick word. Scoffs was extremely annoyed at failure of free kick due to elbowing in the face, pretty blatantly, with blood on his shirt and nose. He then missed Scoffs kick someone on the deck which caused some handbags. Only had word with our lad for leaving studs up, didnt do a thing to there lad who did the same at least 3 times. No pen for a challenge from behind in the box no-where near the ball, awarded us a goal kick from great save from Scoffs who clearly saved and demanded recognition for this. Gave St Just a goal kick after playing advantage of which there was none as our lad was STILL being obstructed. All this after tuirning up at 2.20 as was told was 3 ko, as there as lots of those at this time of year. Im sure I have missed some others but I just dont have the will after that.

Again, in NO WAY do I blame him for the defeat before the usual crowd pipe up but the guy just has no clue and ruined the day, for both sides Im sure

Newquay 6 - 3 St Ives

1st min - Shaun Lawrence dislocated shoulder after collision - get well soon Shaun

1-0 Christian Lett lofted ball over 'keeper after David Rabone flick-on

2-0 Dan Carne slotted home after a huge goalmouth scramble

H-T

3-0 Christian Lett dinks the ball over the keeper when through one-on-one

4-0 David Rabone heads home at the far post after an excellent move on the right

5-0 Christian Lett heads home from close range after excellent work on the left by TJ Newton

5-1 St Ives grab a consolation after Billy Holland saves spot-kick, scored from rebound

5-2 An excellent move on the left results in a cross being touched in at the near post

5-3 Outstanding left foot strike from 25 yards

6-3 Michael Rabone capitalises when the goalkeeper miscued his place kick (embarrasing)

After a fairly quiet first half when Newquay to managed to convert two of their many chances, Newquay ran riot early in the second half with the strike pairing of Lett and Rabone too much for the St Ives defence to handle. St Ives, to their credit, kept playing good football and deserved their three goals in a spirited comeback.

Well done to Christian for an outstanding hat-trick.

Attendance - 35 (including captain birdseye from St. Ives - legend)

Fal Town 1 St Just 4. We were an absolute shambles today and lucky to get the one, great goal by Steve Winnan though...Chiiiief!

Credit were credit is due though, the ref is an embarrasment!! In no way do I blame him for the defeat, though he certainly didnt help. 1st goal, quick free kick taken 15/20yards nearer the goal from the offence. 3rd goal a pen that was nowhere near the box and 4th a foul on the keeper. On top of that you have failure to walk Scoffs for hurling a level of abuse my delicate ears are unused to. Just a quick word. Scoffs was extremely annoyed at failure of free kick due to elbowing in the face, pretty blatantly, with blood on his shirt and nose. He then missed Scoffs kick someone on the deck which caused some handbags. Only had word with our lad for leaving studs up, didnt do a thing to there lad who did the same at least 3 times. No pen for a challenge from behind in the box no-where near the ball, awarded us a goal kick from great save from Scoffs who clearly saved and demanded recognition for this. Gave St Just a goal kick after playing advantage of which there was none as our lad was STILL being obstructed. All this after tuirning up at 2.20 as was told was 3 ko, as there as lots of those at this time of year. Im sure I have missed some others but I just dont have the will after that.

Again, in NO WAY do I blame him for the defeat before the usual crowd pipe up but the guy just has no clue and ruined the day, for both sides Im sure

I don't think St Just would agree that the ref ruined the day for them?? :c:

Kempy it was a 30yd screamer that was so high and powerful our keeper could only slow it down slightly when he palmed it on it's way into the net.

Don't you have a sense of humour? ?? Who scored that goal and what is his name? lol ( see Barbara Windsor!) :c:

Thanks Nigel, yeah i know we try not to give Jamie to much confidence as he has an abundance of it ha ha, Culdrose played really well today and for sure didnt deserve their loss, we were quite poor especially after last weeks good win against Illogan, but sometimes you have to win ugly and that was very much the case today.

Good luck to Paul and Culdrose on for the rest of the season.

Guest Gears of War

I don't think St Just would agree that the ref ruined the day for them?? :c:

Sorry kemps but ref was rubbish :unsure:

Guest Gears of War

Welcome back steve ,back where you belong and paying your best football may it long continue,

lucky i set you up for 2 or you wouldn't off got star man i would off. :drink::drink::drink: sorry pete!!

sorry pete ? wtf :blink:

not blaming the 4 the defeat BUT HE SHOULD NOT BE ALOUD TO REF LIKE EMBARRASMENT well done to st just

Holmans 0-2 St Agnes

Crowd Att 23

Two young sides battled out at Blaythorne on a bumpy but pretty firm pitch. Both sides were pretty evenly matched and a goal in each half from Dan O Toole handed the visitors the 3 points.

Holmans on the back of their 3rd win of the season at Wendron last week were hoping to capitalise on the cancellation of Wendron v Ludgvan and pull further away from the relegation zone.

Both sides tried to pass the ball on the bumpy pitch however the home side were guilty of giving away possession a little to easy however Holmans had a couple of chances through Rob Hopkins & Ben Gadson. Adam Batchelor in the Holmans goal was forced to sprint out of his area to clear a through ball that had beaten the home sides offside trap beating the oncoming St Agnes forward by mm.

The goal came in the 39th min when Dan o Toole managed to lose his marker on the edge of the area and a good diagonal run from a through ball found him with the goal at his mercy giving veteran keeper Adam Batchelor no chance

HT 0-1

The 2nd half was again evenly contested by both sides with Toby Ellis on his debut in midfield and Rob Hosking at right back both playing well for the home side. The 2nd goal came following Rob Press being dispossessed on the left with Dan o Toole grabbing his 2nd.

Holmans chance of getting back into the game were severly dented when in the 70th min a St Agnes defender jumped high to header the ball landing on Adam Selleys back. both players crashed to the floor and Ref Liam Mankee awarded a free kick to Holmans however Adam Selley attempted to kick the player off who was lying on top of him for which he recieved a red card.

Full Time 0-2

Holmans entertain Ludgvan at Blaythorne next Saturday

st just scorers were tom mannering, darren steadmen, chris curnow and neil curnow. st just dominated from the off and totally deserved the win. gillo bud how can you say that your player didn't do anything to our player and he done the same back three times?? your player left 6 stud marks on our lads hip and he shoud of walked. als your keeper who is normally a top bloke and must of had a bad day i suppose, volleyed an 18 year old right in the forehead when lying on your goal line nearly unconcious before the kick to the head, which is up there with the most gutless thing i've seen!! you are right about winnans goal though it was a cracker! all the best for the rest of the year-cheers

bad day would be an understatement, slightly angered at being punched in the face in the first few minutes when coming for a routine cross. i did catch the youngster accidentally as we fell, i'm not denying that, but volleying him in the head i feel is a slight exaggeration, i apologised to him and the manager during and after the game and i apologise again on here and for my language which was attrocious :SM_carton_y: thanks for thinking i'm a top bloke normally neil :) all the best to you all

All credit to Newquay yesterday for their win but what a bunch of moaners. I would think the ref went home deaf in one ear from shouts of "have a word ref" being the favourite.

There was hardly a bad tackle in the match from either side but you would have thought we were Bolton by the shouts from the pitch and sidelines.

Christian Letts was the difference between this time and last time we played you, why is he only playing combo football, cleverest forward i have seen this year.

We were slightly hampered yesterday by having to play our centre forward in goal and our goalkeeper at centre forward due to an arm injury although he did score a screamer from 25 yards.

Hope your player who went off with the arm injuty is ok, (accidental)

All credit to Newquay yesterday for their win but what a bunch of moaners. I would think the ref went home deaf in one ear from shouts of "have a word ref" being the favourite.

There was hardly a bad tackle in the match from either side but you would have thought we were Bolton by the shouts from the pitch and sidelines.

I have to agree with you there they were awful at our place !! even calling our female supporters slags!! :SM_carton:

What a load of crap kempy.tha abuse came from your linesman, supporters and even the subs, and one of our players reacted, wrong i know but also apoligise at half time and the ref was happy, and when u came to newquay your supporters were no better language was appalling. pot calling the kettle black i think??? Has for yesterday roger didnt here people moaning but appealing for decissions yes but i hear that every week thats football. People behind the dug out are sopporters and did not come from the manager or subs. thought the ref done quiet well yesterday and had no problem when he spoke after the game. The player who came off went to hospital was told his arm had popped back in 2 -3 weeks off.

Misunderstanding Neil. I meant the ref didnt do anything to the centre back who left studs in at least 3 times mate. Completely justified in having a word with Luke for his challenge, could have certainly been a booking but my point was he only had a word after you asked him to. If he thinks its worthy of having a chat he shouldnt need anyone telling him. Though he could do with someone telling him correct ko times and maybe some rules!!

All the best and see you at yours, probably an evening game with 6.30 ko!

Well done to Perranwell, deserved the 3 points on saturday, the 2nd goal was a bit special.

Just a note about the referee, i know you are supposed to respect the referee but surely respect works both ways and when the referee tells the captain of a side to Fcuk Off and says to another player that its not his fault that he is ginger (no matter how funny it is) it is a bit ridiculous.

Not sure if that pitch would be playable this week either it took a bit of a battering aswell.

Ludgvan Feast Match

Ludgvan 1-3 RNAS Culdrose

Crowd - 35

1min 0-1 Through ball for Jack Valentine to run on and score with a low cross goal shot.

42min 0-2 Culdrose down the right, cross in that the keeper knocks away but ball goes to Stephen Hughes who has a simple nod in into an empty net from 6yds out.

44mins 1-2 Ludgvan corner on the right. Ball in, header over keeper by Mike Cruse from 10yds out.

54mins 1-3. Culdrose down the right, ball in, looping header over the keeper from Stephen Hughes.

Both teams cancelled each other out for long periods but to be truthful it was dire at times with few clear cut chances.

WEBSITE FULLY UPDATED TO INCLUDE THIS MATCH

Roger Moore your comments about Christian are spot on and I am pleased to tell you that Christian has settled in really well at Newquay and is thoroughly enjoying playing for his new club. Christian has already scored a hat trick on three occassions and as a club we are blessed to have so many quality strikers. You will have noted that the S W P L team had no game this weekend (other than a very useful friendly against our neighbours St Columb Major) and Christian had the opportunity of playing in a more competetive match on our Mount Wise pitch. Christian clearly made the most of this opportunity and I expect there to be more goals from Christian for both the Combo and S W P L teams this season.

Roger Moore your comments about Christian are spot on and I am pleased to tell you that Christian has settled in really well at Newquay and is thoroughly enjoying playing for his new club. Christian has already scored a hat trick on three occassions and as a club we are blessed to have so many quality strikers. You will have noted that the S W P L team had no game this weekend (other than a very useful friendly against our neighbours St Columb Major) and Christian had the opportunity of playing in a more competetive match on our Mount Wise pitch. Christian clearly made the most of this opportunity and I expect there to be more goals from Christian for both the Combo and S W P L teams this season.

Thanks for the info Jimbo, pity the first team did n't have a game!!!

Good luck for season