Cornwall Football Forum

Another new name at Treyew Road?

I've been sent a text informing me that there may well be a new name at Treyew Road this season. My source tells me that said player goes by the name of Morrison.

I've not heard anything else about this, have you?

I

I think you will find the name is Morrisons , going to be big at Treyew!

City Fan.Why not tell everyone who Morrisons Are,?

If you do not really know ask A Falmouth Town Fan Like Me,

This week Truro City Are having a meeting about Ground sharing with Falmouth Town,

because Treyew has been sold to Morrisons the Supermarket chain,

if it comes off the Falmouth Ground will be upgraded to at least comference standards,

I was told this on Saterday,

Now this news will cause a lot of debate so everyone watch this space.

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

Guest Postie Pidge

Just remember if it wasn't for an admin error in Garry Penhaligon's term that tinpot club would have finished second and Kevin Heaney would have got all his sports lawyers involved to rescue the three points Truro had deducted

Devils @ Dusk, Oh dear another onesided on this forum, before you start mocking Falmouth Town, They are still the only Cornish Club to have reached the first round proper of the FA Cup,

If you read my threads on this forum even though I am a Falmouth Town Fan I have great Respect for Truro City & & never belittle them,

I see that you are fairly new to this forum So start as you mean to go on if you cannot at least show repect for other clubs, as you would wish for them to show towards your club, say Nothing,

Ask any genuine Truro City fan & they will tell you that the history between the two clubs goes back many years, & we have great respect for each other,

Hammers :c::wacko::angry: :c:

who is going to do the work at falmouth ground, and who is going to pay... heaney can,t pay for the work done at truro so how is he going to get contractors to work at falmouth????

perhaps we should have a sweep stake on who the invoices will be made out to.

good luck to falmouth if they do get there ground done up it would be worth a ground share for a couple of seasons

:c: :c:

Devils @ Dusk, Oh dear another onesided on this forum, before you start mocking Falmouth Town, They are still the only Cornish Club to have reached the first round proper of the FA Cup,

If you read my threads on this forum even though I am a Falmouth Town Fan I have great Respect for Truro City & & never belittle them,

I see that you are fairly new to this forum So start as you mean to go on if you cannot at least show repect for other clubs, as you would wish for them to show towards your club, say Nothing,

Ask any genuine Truro City fan & they will tell you that the history between the two clubs goes back many years, & we have great respect for each other,

Hammers :c::wacko::angry::c:

Question Have Redruth got a Football team, Answer NO,

Question What have they got, Answer a half decent Rugby Team,

Question, What else does Redruth Have, Answer Nothing,

Redruth is a Tin Pot of a Town, Ask a Camborne Man What he thinks of Redruth,

I rest my case,

This week Truro City Are having a meeting about Ground sharing with Falmouth Town,

if it comes off the Falmouth Ground will be upgraded to at least comference standards,

Hammers :c::clapper::c:

I told you all this on 22nd October last year but no one seemed to believe me. :P:P :ninja:

I told you all this on 22nd October last year but no one seemed to believe me. :P:P:ninja:

You are right Mr.T you did :clapper:

Go to Truth or Dare thread for October where you can observe where some thought Mr.T was talking through his ring piece. MAYBE, just maybe, they will soon change their minds.

If all of this is true,i hope all the good people of Truro put in hundreds of objections to any developement of Treyew Road until a suitable replacement stadium has been built and is in use,once Treyew Road has gone anything could happen. :angry2: :ninja:

Sadly the respect you mention i don't remember at past TCFC v Falmouth Town Matches.

You obviously have mistaken me for a recent newcomer City fan.

I'm not gonna let ppl like you to tell me to say nothing. If it's cr*p about Morrisons and a wind-up from a Falmouth Town fan, you should learn to take a bit of insult yourself (give but can't take.)

As for Redruth... I couldn't care. You were probably hoping to upset me at least by having a go at the place where i live... it is tinpot.

Once Redruth did have a football team (i know that much.)

Sadly the respect you mention i don't remember at past TCFC v Falmouth Town Matches.

You obviously have mistaken me for a recent newcomer City fan.

I'm not gonna let ppl like you to tell me to say nothing. If it's cr*p about Morrisons and a wind-up from a Falmouth Town fan, you should learn to take a bit of insult yourself (give but can't take.)

As for Redruth... I couldn't care. You were probably hoping to upset me at least by having a go at the place where i live... it is tinpot.

Once Redruth did have a football team (i know that much.)

No, this has come from Truro! a steward was telling me this quite a while back now.

Hammers -

Calm down mate - people on here are always telling Truro Fans they should be more thick-skinned and let things pass over the tops of their heads - suggest you do the same.

I will agree with you - as a City Fan who goes back to the 60's - there has always been respect between the 2 clubs - and long may it continue.

I have always enjoyed visiting Bickland Park over the years - and if what some people are suggesting comes true then I will look forward to many more visits..!

Do you think KH would have gone there had it not been sellable!!? I was told by a member of the club that the sale had been agreed to Morrisons and the club were very close to sealing the deal for land in the same area as the crematorium, sorry not sure of the name. Also that talks were ongoing for a ground share but were far from finalised, though that was 6 weeks ago so may have moved on by then.

Why so defensive about a potential move anyway? As long as the club is still running and successful does it really bother anyone where they are playing?

Hammers :c::wacko::angry::c:

Question Have Redruth got a Football team, Answer NO,

Question What have they got, Answer a half decent Rugby Team,

Question, What else does Redruth Have, Answer Nothing,

Redruth is a Tin Pot of a Town, Ask a Camborne Man What he thinks of Redruth,

I rest my case,

Dont drag me into it Hammers LOL I rarely travel into Beruit these days.

By the way the Town has a long established junior club namely Redruth United and many years ago both Towns amalgamated under the banner of Redborne United.

If all of this is true,i hope all the good people of Truro put in hundreds of objections to any developement of Treyew Road until a suitable replacement stadium has been built and is in use,once Treyew Road has gone anything could happen. :angry2::ninja:

I have to agree with you on this one Mr T.To my mind there is no reason to move from Treyew Rd until a new ground is up and ready to move into.If a buyer is interested this should be the first clause on the contract,and the most important one.

Guest Postie Pidge

Whatever decision is made by the committees of both clubs, Falmouth Town will still maintain three teams, two of which will remain senior teams as is the case at the moment.

Do you think KH would have gone there had it not been sellable!!? I was told by a member of the club that the sale had been agreed to Morrisons and the club were very close to sealing the deal for land in the same area as the crematorium, sorry not sure of the name. Also that talks were ongoing for a ground share but were far from finalised, though that was 6 weeks ago so may have moved on by then.

Why so defensive about a potential move anyway? As long as the club is still running and successful does it really bother anyone where they are playing?

Something I do know about this is that Heaney owns a piece of land opposite Penmount (at the kind of crossroads area), the former Polwhele Cricket Club ground, currently consists of just a shed with 10 years of weeds!!

As a former player at Polwhele CC , I was not aware that the aforementioned

land had been sold by the farmer who originally owned it. When we investigated

the possibility of grants to fund the cricket club , it was a pre-condition of the grant

that we owned the land. The farmer , who treated us very well over the years , did

not want to let us have the land as there were plans to build a road through there

and therefore it was a prized asset. The road plans have I think faded into the distance

since then and the land and hut have been unused since.

Perhaps KH may now have the land - however I would imagine it would need more than

the cricket field for parking etc.

There is a saying,that there is two sides to story & the truth in the middle,

all I can say is that I was told some ago that Heaney had bought Truro City Ground( Note he already owned the club House & car park).

From the three Truro City owners of the pitch,

We all have to wait & see the outcome of the meetting between the two clubs,

I agree with Mr T it would be better to have the new Truro City stadium up & running, before Treyew is sold.

Hammers :c: :c:

Right or Wrong, I always understood that the Football Club was protected by it's three trustees whereby no development of Treyew can take place until a NEW ground in in place BUT TO WHAT STANDARD.

Not knowing the Trustees I just hope they are strong enough to take on the might of todays business giants.

Should the development take place, the Trustees should insist that any NEW ground reaches the standard of stadiums in the Football League (Mr Heaney's dream) NOT where currently playing, if not any future promotion would be costly to the Football Club when raising the facilities to the required standard.

Right or Wrong, I always understood that the Football Club was protected by it's three trustees whereby no development of Treyew can take place until a NEW ground in in place BUT TO WHAT STANDARD.

Not knowing the Trustees I just hope they are strong enough to take on the might of todays business giants.

Should the development take place, the Trustees should insist that any NEW ground reaches the standard of stadiums in the Football League (Mr Heaney's dream) NOT where currently playing, if not any future promotion would be costly to the Football Club when raising the facilities to the required standard.

Last year the Truro programme changed which showed the trustees had been changed to life members and a 'TCFC consultant responsible for Stadium' had been added. This seemed like the start of something happening with the ground to make it easier for it to be sold and now are circulating of a sale looks like it could be happening.

Guest watcher

It wouldn't be the first time Heaney had laid claim to some land or property that wasn't his to sell and then used his money to argue it out in court for years and block the owners from exercising their rights. Who's going to pay for the club's legal representation in a dispute between its millionaire Chairman and the 3 named trustees who under charity law would be personally liable for any legal costs?

So reading all the RUMOURS on this thread.

KH has got Truro City by the short and curly's.

Please explain.

This is the RUMOURS that I have read on here.

1.Treyew Road has been sold to Morrisons.

2.KH may have some land at Polwhele,to build a new gound.

3.Truro will groundshare with Falmouth next season,while the new ground is built.

Anything else KH,has got lined up to screw Truro City.?

Another little RUMOUR,KH wants Truro City playing in the Conference,in a NEW STADIUM,in 5 years.

3.Truro will groundshare with Falmouth next season,while the new ground is built.

it is FACT not rumour that talks have been held with Falmouth about ground share

another rumour is that heaney will pay all the monies owed to the local firms before he spends anymore on another ground i also heard pigs will fly

:c::c: :c:

So reading all the RUMOURS on this thread.

KH has got Truro City by the short and curly's.

Please explain.

This is the RUMOURS that I have read on here.

1.Treyew Road has been sold to Morrisons.

2.KH may have some land at Polwhele,to build a new gound.

Anything else KH,has got lined up to screw Truro City.?

Another little RUMOUR,KH wants Truro City playing in the Conference,in a NEW STADIUM,in 5 years.

Somersetspur, Do you also consider this RUMOUR?

http://www.thisisthewestcountry.co.uk/spor...round_interest/

Guest watcher

Somerset spur asks what else Heaney has got lined up to screw Truro City.

The point is that Heaney has no loyalty to anything or anybody, as anybody who's ever had anything to do with him knows. If they've got something he wants, he'll take it, then walk away and hang them out to dry. Promises are cheap, people are disposable. Everybody has their price and can be bought and sold, just like land or property. If he has to, he'll pay them off, leave them in the lurch while he hides behind his lawyers and their threats.

So, Somerset Spur, think what assets Truro City has got left, look beyond Heaney's swaggering facade and empty rhetoric for once, and try to answer your own question.

Of course Truro City's history isn't over. History never ends, just gets rewritten. Some months ago I wrote on this site that when the history of Truro City came to be written, the Heaney years would go down as a chapter of shame. What the next chapter will be is up to the club's supporters, who when Heaney's gone will be left to pick up the pieces and restore the pride and integrity to the club.

I told you all this on 22nd October last year but no one seemed to believe me. :P:P:ninja:

You are right Mr.T you did :clapper:

Go to Truth or Dare thread for October where you can observe where some thought Mr.T was talking through his ring piece. MAYBE, just maybe, they will soon change their minds.

I spoke to Mr T shortly after the 'Ring piece' comment and realised he wasn't talking out of his ring piece :thumbsup:

Moving out of town, even a little way, is always a bad move. You immediately cut off any clubhouse casual trade outside matches.

I believe Helston have resisted selling their ground for that reason, despite the temptation of endless supermarket cash.

With Follett-Stock and Chris Lingard in charge of the legalities, it can't fail to go through. Probably.

erm.... Think this thread has gone a bit off track, so Truro have sold their ground, secured a new site for a stadium of the like that doesn't exist in Cornwall and have enough money left over to improve the club and playing staff and people are slating the clubs ambition and the Chairman who has made it happen.

This is crazy, it rates right up there with Falmouth supposedly saying no to Canada building a new road around the harbour and Hayle supposedly saying no to Holland buying its sand...

I wrote a paper on the supposed Crab effect in local communities and this is a classic example "don't try to climb the barrel or else"

Improvement breeds improvement its already started even at grasss roots level, long let it continue.

Unfortunately not, the fast expansion at Truro caused it to be a non starter other than a few charity events at the start of the season, however it was good to get an insight at how clubs are run at that level.

Don't get me wrong I love local football and its place in communities, but however wrongly or rightly Truro have gone about it their success will only be good for football in the county.

I just hope they build there stadium quicker than liverpool....

Unfortunately not, the fast expansion at Truro caused it to be a non starter other than a few charity events at the start of the season, however it was good to get an insight at how clubs are run at that level.

Don't get me wrong I love local football and its place in communities, but however wrongly or rightly Truro have gone about it their success will only be good for football in the county.

Please tell me the benefits that other clubs will have, if Truro continue to climb the league??

as has been said many a time, its for the good of Truro City and Truro City only! best of luck to them, but cut with the Cornwall crap!

and yeah, I hope for their sake that the stadium is built quicker than Liverpools, but there are similarities there!!

Please tell me the benefits that other clubs will have, if Truro continue to climb the league??

as has been said many a time, its for the good of Truro City and Truro City only! best of luck to them, but cut with the Cornwall crap!

and yeah, I hope for their sake that the stadium is built quicker than Liverpools, but there are similarities there!!

well said st.Daren. It wont do cornish football any good in particular. Just Truro. If they succeed they can have all the praise they like as it will be deserved but cant see any money or extra press or extra fans flying other cornish clubs way. They will carry on as normal, struggling every week for money and players but enjoying every minute of it. Where have Truro 3rds gone? very sad, guess Truro have helped out, 1 less team in that league will help to complete fixtures in that league with the current fixture pile up