Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin Town v St Blazey - GAME OFF

No reason to stay at home this Friday evening as the two best sides in the league battle it out for top spot.

Both sides will feel they can win this; St Blazey have already recorded impressive wins this season against Ivybridge (H+A), Parkway (H) and Saltash (H), whereas Bodmin have beaten Falmouth, Ivybridge and Penzance at home and recorded an away win at Tavi.

Nothing to choose between these two sides at the moment, but surely this match will have a bearing on the direction of the title in the league's most exciting season so far.

Would be great to see 300+ there this Friday.

No reason to stay at home this Friday evening as the two best sides in the league battle it out for top spot.

Both sides will feel they can win this; St Blazey have already recorded impressive wins this season against Ivybridge (H+A), Parkway (H) and Saltash (H), whereas Bodmin have beaten Falmouth, Ivybridge and Penzance at home and recorded an away win at Tavi.

Nothing to choose between these two sides at the moment, but surely this match will have a bearing on the direction of the title in the league's most exciting season so far.

Would be great to see 300+ there this Friday.

forecast -8 with the wind chill,so wrap up mate :clapper:

Guest Rydon Ranger

Dan, i have to disagree with your first post regarding your statement 'the two best teams' in the league, granted that Blazey and Bodmin hold first and second at the moment but I think that there are one or two other teams who would also disagree with your statement. I think it probably more fitting to state 'two of the best teams'. There are teams who have games in hand who fancy their chances to win the league this season and there is also a team who have already beaten Blazey and Bodmin !

PS. where's Lamby gone?

We were having a "who's the best side you've seen in the league this season apart from St Blazey?" conversation the other day, and most of us came up with Buckland, so I think you're right.

However, the league table doesn't lie and these are the two form teams at the moment. I reckon there are five other teams who will be challenging very close and I'm sure everybody will be watching this result very closely.

All the more reason to get to Bodmin this Friday.

Maybe its the show down between the two teams who currently have the most points this season so far. Should prove to be a good match. With one if not both teams dropping points this friday night, a good chance for the chasing pack to close in again.

Still think theres at least 6 teams in it.....

St Blazey, Bodmin, Tavi, Buckland, Saltash, Parkway

Elburton, Ivybridge, Falmouth will have a big part to play in where the title ends up.

Guest Rydon Ranger

I think that Parkway will have a big say on where the title goes, they are on a good run and with Wright and Doel back there can only be stronger. Maybe the Vase will be a distraction though. Saltash are like last season being a lot of games behind and only still in December. I think what is certain is that it will be a lot closer than last year.

All I can say is Bodmin are gonna be in big trouble come Jan 20th, Boy Higman will be properly fit then and ready to tear them apart.

Some say he is going to spend Xmas playing Tiger Woods 2010 on the PS3 and drinking protein shakes just to make sure he is well rested and ready for the New Year..... :D:D :D

Typical Bodmin leaving it late, no news of any inspection and all of a sudden 2-300 spectators have to change their plans!

Thats bit harsh!

I spoke to Gilby at 4pm and the pitch had been striped up, painted and ready for play.

As a groundman, I can tell you first hand that spending time on making a surface fit against all the odds, only for mother nature to intervene at the last minute is the most frustrating thing that can happen.

Far more frustrating than a spectator having to decide to stay in the warm at the last minute!

You would be having a different outlook if two or three picked up ankle injuries last night and next weeks teams were depleted as a result!