Cornwall Football Forum

Arthur Pearce Cup Results 12.12.09

Mount Ambrose 2 Trevenson 5 (ish)

Firstly, no show from the referee!! THANKS!

I know that loads of you will jump on the pro referee bandwagon but having just been told by the referee secretary that its not his problem because he retires on tuesday and that Trevenson are not allowed referees for the foreseeable future, this is a joke!! (thanks for telling us by the way!!). This is the FOURTH time this season that a 'ref' has not showed up for one of our matches!!

One of the Trevenson coaches refereed the game and to be honest how they managed to keep 11 men on the pitch was testament to their ref!! 2 tackles over the top of ball with both feet and a kick out at one of our players blatantly in front him were ignored, not to mention a double maradonna style handball attempt which somehow was given as a corner??!!!! This goes without mentioning the 2 penalties!!!!!!

I just get so frustrated that when we have so many games called off because of waterlogged pitches, that when we try to get a honest game on it somehow fails!

I know that referees dont grow on trees but surely some kind of communication from the top would be nice!

When u play a game of football and one of the oposition volunteers to ref the game u expect the odd 50 challenge to their way and possibly the odd thrpw in or corner situation. but i can honestly say i have never experienced a game of football so biased in my life. It makes me laugh the referee actually coachs football how can he teach anyone values of football with that drastic display. anybody who has played with me or against e will know im an easy going person but that was disgustin. As a goalkeeper when u come out to claim the ball and drop because you are pushed in the back off the oposition when the whistle goes u expect to see a free kick your way not a penalty the other way!!! and two of your players would be awesome on the 2012 volleyall team both touched it with there hands and managed to get it over the net but best thig was managed to get a corner!! but as i said to the player if you are gonna get away with it why not try it!!!

Not very happy faces at mont ambrose felt it the game had a proper official neither pen would have been given, they would of been down to at least 10 and a clearly onside goal would have been confirmed as onside rather than disalowed the give away was when the flag went up as the keeper slipped when coming to claim it not whilst our attacker was making a 25 yard dash to chase a seemingly lost cause coninsidence??? maybe the ref can judge it

Goonhavern 5-1 Redruth

Strange game. Goonhavern didn't really get out of first gear. Was fairly even to begin with. Redruth allowed Goonhavern to have the ball at the back and sat back. As a result Goonhavern struggled to create real openings. Goonhavern took the lead after about 35 minutes when Kev Tonkin headed in a Joe Carlyon delivery. Goonhavern made it 2-0 right on the stroke when Chris Willett scored his first goal of the season firing through a crowd of players.

Goonhavern scored straight after half time when Redruth's keeper decided to go walkabouts and got no where near the ball allowing Sam Waters to run through and score. 3-0 became 4-0 when Matt Millbanks scored from a tight angle. The remainder of the game was played at a snail's pace with a few stoppages following a couple of heated exchanges. A couple of the Redruth players got booked for reacting when fouled which was a bit needless. Goonhavern made it 5-0 when Matt Millbanks finished well after good work from Chris Willett. Redruth pulled a deserved goal back despite a hint of offside to make the final score 5-1.

The ref gave a few strange decisions but generally did well. Good luck to Redruth for the rest of the season.

Ref: Mount ambrose game...

As a spectator i witnessed what must be the worst reffed game i have ever had the misfortune to watch. :o

Firstly the player in midfield during first half kicked an opposition player in the back after the whistle blew for free kick should of at the very least been booked if not sent off for violent conduct. :SM_carton:

Secondly 2x penalties were handed to the away team for god knows what exactly. :blink:

How on earth this game was allowed to be played is one thing without an official ref but i would of walked and if a manager made my team walk aswell cos the ref had no control other than giving everything to the away team. :ninja:

Thirdly i will say it if no one else will but mount ambrose have been robbed pure and simple i just hope this ref situation gets sorted out, how can they go on about this respect campaign when they dont show up to earn this respect in the first place it is a farce, if the team just didnt show up they would be either be given a loss in the cup or deducted 3 pts in the league. :c: :c:

Gulval 4 Mousehole 3rds 2.

Good game that Mousehole were always chasing after going behind after a minute. Good spirited but competetive throughout. I was very impressed with many of the Mousehole team.

Must praise Craig in goal for Mousehole today, who played very well. Craig played centrehalf with me years ago and was not bad then but I think he missed his vocation!

If a side does not like the refs perforance. they mark the teamsheet with the score they think his or her performance merrits. If it is very low they need to submit a letter.

Same for whoever refs.

Storm 0 Illogan Res 2

A good win for us today against an organised Storm side today, a few new faces in there from our previous meeting but a good battle non the less. We took the lead after about 2 mins when RTreloar headed neatly from close range, then on about 15 mins we made it 0-2 when J Jones finished from close range from an I Cullingham free kick. Turning point possibly was a missed penalty from RICKY SMITH when he placed the ball wide of our righthand post. After that there was a lot of tit for tat in the middle of the park but Storm rarely threatened & I thought we had more clear cut chances. Storm keeper made some cracking saves & was by far their best player on the day. Good to see my old mate Dazza B & see you soon me old fruit...

Mount Ambrose .v. Trevenson Utd.

I'm not one to get involved with all this on here and people who know me will probably appreciate my view.

Firstly, Mt. Ambrose agreed to our man refereeing, they wanted to get last weeks result out of their system. As far as the game went, I think the first half belonged to us. We put a lot of pressure on Mount's back line and our poor season form was in evidence as we couldn't hit the back of the net. Although saying that John and Rowsey put in some great tackles. My memory isn't the best (!) but a cracking save from our 'keeper, Mt's goal ( to see them go in at the break 1 up ) and maybe, what 2 (?), long range efforts was all Mt could muster which I think is testament to our formation and the pressure we put them under. Reference the kicking out incident - 50-50 going into the challenge, yes our player did kick out after the ball had gone and there was some pushing and shoving which was uncalled for as it wasn't that sort of game. Sending off? I've seen them given.

Second half we just wanted to keep a clean sheet for 10 mins and see where we were. A lot of the game was played in the middle of the park with both sides trying to find that killer pass but I think both sides were well organised to snuff out any threats. Mount had numerous attacks towards the end of the game which ended with them scoring after a mix up between James Isaacs and Pete Williams but by then we were already 4 - 1 up. Penalty incidents - the first was given for a handball. Taking an Arsene Wenger approach I didn't see it, so I can't comment! 2nd penalty was given for a push on me. I came up for a corner and, as I jumped, I was pushed. The people who know me know that I'm a very honest player and I was pushed in the back. With reference to Mt's 'keeper being fouled etc. I can't comment as I was just focused on trying to get me head on the ball.

I can see this one dragging on and on. I didn't know about this ref ban Trevenson are under until reading Hutchspurs comments and I fear there is alot of truth in it as Trevenson Res. .v. St.Buryan Res. in Mining 3 was called off as there was no ref and St. Buryan were unhappy to play.

I personally have a lot of friends at Mount Ambrose so todays victory is slightly bittersweet. From me and all at Trevenson all the best for the season guys.

you are right about your memory i recall us having a few more chances than that. A goal disalowed for offside (which a nuetral did mention was onside), jason going through one on one to put it wide (sorry jason) steves effort which he nosed narrowly wide aswell as our goal ur keepers quality save and our "2" long range efforts.

As for the penalties the first one did hit johns chest and shoulder. i was really disapointed to see the second penalty given, and my lads did explain your charachter and i have no doubt that you at some stage where pushed however i got my hands on the ball going for it and was definatley pushed which caused me to drop it it was that blatent a push and not for the first time in the game had i been pushed. But who am i to judge what penalties should be given for when players occording to our referee today are now aloud to atempt to score with their hands the first one was very faint but the second one was a pnch a keeper including myself would of been pleased with.

Ive know the referee for a long time i went to primary school with his children. when he volunteered to ref the game i asumed from knowing him personally and his coaching background and knowledge he would judge the match fairly but i supose asumptions can be fatal. Nothing against you at all you played a fairly solid game at the back there today but what ever is said on here im pretty sure the mount ambrose boys will definatley feel a sense of loss today. nothings to say we would of beaten you had the game been a fair contes we all would have liked that opportunity though

i got asked to ref the robartes game....pity i didnt see the email till 10 mins ago :(

would have been a good game :c:

u might get asked next sat james trevenson vs robartes ivan murdoch is supposed to be refing but if trevenson aint aloud them u might get a call my friend there call i guess as there the home side :unsure:

arthur pearce cup

madron 3 titans 1

good close game of football from 2 good sides with an excellent ref (paul windell).

story of the game madron took their chances we did not :clapper:

first half titans scored through jack stocker and deserved to go in 1-0 up at half time.

second half titans had 2 very good chances to go 3 up and then got punished as madron scored 3 the first a very good free kick.

good luck to madron in the cup and see you atours later in the season :c:

Storm 0 Illogan Res 2

A good win for us today against an organised Storm side today, a few new faces in there from our previous meeting but a good battle non the less. We took the lead after about 2 mins when RTreloar headed neatly from close range, then on about 15 mins we made it 0-2 when J Jones finished from close range from an I Cullingham free kick. Turning point possibly was a missed penalty from RICKY SMITH when he placed the ball wide of our righthand post. After that there was a lot of tit for tat in the middle of the park but Storm rarely threatened & I thought we had more clear cut chances. Storm keeper made some cracking saves & was by far their best player on the day. Good to see my old mate Dazza B & see you soon me old fruit...

thanks my old chestnut fair assessment of the game which you deserved the win lots of chances and yes our keeper kept us in it to be fair hes been doin that all season coming on leaps and bounds. The goals although good goals for you where in our estimation bad ones to give away poor marking but good finishing.

Best of luck in the next round my old mucker and it was great to see jason still moaning lol. You have a good team their baggie and i can see you winning everything.

all i will say regarding the game storm vs illogan is, there are rules put in place to protect us all, whenn ref's feel the need to apologise after games for not being strong enough because of intimidation during, that says it all anyone at the game will know what i mean, I look forward to playing against illogan in the junior cup if we get that far with neutral linesman and srong refereeing. sometimes people need to be brave enough to say when things are wrong and not be afraid.

all i will say regarding the game storm vs illogan is, there are rules put in place to protect us all, whenn ref's feel the need to apologise after games for not being strong enough because of intimidation during, that says it all anyone at the game will know what i mean, I look forward to playing against illogan in the junior cup if we get that far with neutral linesman and srong refereeing. sometimes people need to be brave enough to say when things are wrong and not be afraid.

i hear u had a oldish ref yesterday matt i hope he wasnt to intimidated i wouldnt of liked to seen that its only a game of bloody football

were illogan better than us???? probably just.

were we let down, well decide yourselves if you think it is ok for a player to grab another by the throat with both hands and lift him off the ground after already being booked for violent conduct you tell me!!!!

As I said to the ref "you are there to protect people and not just make the easy decisions" however I know how hard it is to be strong in these situations........

Oh please Matchu78 were you in a different game??? We were better than you all over the pitch and you were lucky not to have lost by 5 or 6. You only had 2 maybe 3 shots and 1 of those was a pen which you scuffed wide.

Sounds like sour grapes to me i'm afraid.

And for the record not one Illogan player intimidated the ref.

Firstly sorry to Robartes for not playing the game with one of your own ref's its just we have cocked the league up already and dont want to risk anything in the cup, we have been F####D over so many times before by other teams refs! hopefully when we do play you it will be a good game!

I know how you and your team feels MATCHU, a couple seasons ago i played down Madron a got punched in the neck! ref said because it wasnt in the face he couldn't do anything about it! JOKE, last season had the same problem against Illogan one of are players got head-butted and the ref didnt nothing exept calm it all down! But even after what i just said i dont think Illogan try and intimidate refs, games i have played against Illogan they normally get on with it without alot of moaning at all!!

Firstly sorry to Robartes for not playing the game with one of your own ref's its just we have cocked the league up already and dont want to risk anything in the cup, we have been F####D over so many times before by other teams refs! hopefully when we do play you it will be a good game!

I know how you and your team feels MATCHU, a couple seasons ago i played down Madron a got punched in the neck! ref said because it wasnt in the face he couldn't do anything about it! JOKE, last season had the same problem against Illogan one of are players got head-butted and the ref didnt nothing exept calm it all down! But even after what i just said i dont think Illogan try and intimidate refs, games i have played against Illogan they normally get on with it without alot of moaning at all!!

no problems tms mate lets just hope we get a good cup game and ref when refixtured i was the robartes player who had a freindly chat with 3 of ur players by the car park before kick off i think u was one but not to sure :thumbsup:

Dont blow it of proportion fellas, intimidation...I dont think so.....'win by those tactics' taffy, they werent tactics they were reactions right or wrong. Yes players could have walked Saturday but from both teams.

Matchu...we may or maynot play you in the J cup but we deffinatley got you in the league & sure that will be another firey encounter but until then good luck with your season fella....cheers.

Dont blow it of proportion fellas, intimidation...I dont think so.....'win by those tactics' taffy, they werent tactics they were reactions right or wrong. Yes players could have walked Saturday but from both teams.

Matchu...we may or maynot play you in the J cup but we deffinatley got you in the league & sure that will be another firey encounter but until then good luck with your season fella....cheers.

hi baggie the worlds goin mad!!! lol just ignore mate and don't get sucked in you won fair and square played really well and deserved the win all the other tit for tat just ignore we all know wot curly is like but hes a good footballer too nothing wrong with a bit of aggression we all have it in us he stands out cause hes a big lad. good luck mate lets hope you get some more winners medals... your old mucker Dazza

Cheers baggie, on reflection I may have been a bit harsh on you guys, I did say you were the better side. It was a lot closer this time as we are improving the squad week by week and if we had scored like we should have it would have been even more interesting. See you soon for another blood and guts encounter.

Cornish New Boys 2 v 3 Halsetown. HT 2 - 0. :D

Strange game Saturday. First half was the best football New Boys have played all year, we were 1-0 up in the first 3mins, from a pen. We were on top for the whole first half and got ourselves a second and went in 2-0 up.

Now the second half. Halsetown started strongly and spent the first 10mins in our half but were unable to break down the defence. We then countered and our player got injured in Halsetown box and was flat out on the floor, very unsportingly Halsetown continued play and luckly as our team were more interested in our injured player (stupid I know, play to the wistle or ball out of play) they got down and had one on one with our keeper with the resulting shot being blazed over the cross bar. This is the changing point......

One of New Boys supports went on one at the ref for not stopping play. As we all know head injurys get play stopped, (this wasn't one. but player was holding his head in pain so no-one would have known any different). Anyway to cut a long story short, this support was asked to leave but it got to the point of our team had to make him go or the match would have be abandoned. (I have asked this supporter not to come again, but being a public park there isn't really much we can do about it). We at New Boys DO NOT like these things happening, as it reflects baddly on us as a club and in my oppinion we have a great bunch of lads there and find it a little insulting that people brand us on something some guy on the side line watching a game has done who doesn't have anything to do with the club, well apart from his son playing.

Anyway, after this New Boys keeper had completely lost his head and god knows what he was thinking jumped for an easy catch almost missed the ball completely and palmed it straight in front of a Halsetown player to slot home from close range. Things then went from bad to worse and New Boys were all over the place. We had our chance to score more ourselves but didn't manage it, but Halsetown did manage to get themselves another 2.

Would like to appologise to the ref once more about the guy on the side lines and also thank him for filling in after our appointed ref pulled out of the game.

Good luck to Halsetown for the rest of the Cup and season. I hope you go far as you all seem like a nice bunch of guys.

Then I would like to appologise to the rest of the Cornish New Boys, I should know better than lose my head after an insident and carry on, as I feel I lost the game for you boys on saturday. Lets have a whole game of the way we played first half. Love you all............Even you Hooper and Stevens

Marksy think you should re-read my posts as I never mentioned names, also anyone who knows me or how I play will tell you I love nothing better than a blood and guts encounter and enjoy nothing better than playing a bit of rough stuff however there are limits.

And I think you want to lay off all the smileys mate if you are going to call people big girls.

Marksy think you should re-read my posts as I never mentioned names, also anyone who knows me or how I play will tell you I love nothing better than a blood and guts encounter and enjoy nothing better than playing a bit of rough stuff however there are limits.

And I think you want to lay off all the smileys mate if you are going to call people big girls.

No your right its not nice when you get kicked :o

hahaha oooohhhh ok ok im sorry for calling u a big girl matchu78 (NO IM NOT)HAHAHAHAH :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: its all about football MR O just take a chill pill Illogan are a better outfit than yourself you ranted at the wrong time like i do at times (no all the time )just accept they won thats it, people do try & slag certain people from a certain area off which in my opinion has been unjustified for nearly 20 years but hey thats just my say. (not saying you) but they give as good as anyone else maybe also a bit more fire in their belly,and some guys dont like it.SIMPLES :D

Think you'll find that I've already said I was harsh and that Illogan were the better side, to be fair I had just watched Arsenal beat Liverpool and was probably not in the most benevolent state of mind and should have had my laptop hidden away until I could behave better, football really ruined my weekend....