Cornwall Football Forum

Sean McCarthy leaves Truro City

Sean McCarthy has left his position as manager of Truro City FC following a meeting with chairman Kevin Heaney today.

A statement from Heaney, said: "Following discussions with Mr Sean McArthy, it has been agreed by mutual consent that as of today's date, December 7, Sean will no longer continue in his role as 1st team manager.

http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/sport/falm..._as_Truro_boss/

Wow! I did not see that coming, honestly. Still, as others have pointed out, it's not like it was just the one bad, very bad, loss.

Best of luck to you, SMcC! Thanks for last season . . .

And good luck to you, Webby!

Who'll be the favorite to get the gig full-time, do you think?

UP THE CITY

Serious question,what is the record for the most amount of managers in the shortest space of time? Truro must be knocking on the door. :(:ninja:

think southampton hold the record was either 10 or 11 under how LOWE can you go.

Serious question,what is the record for the most amount of managers in the shortest space of time? Truro must be knocking on the door. :(:ninja:

That's a serious question? Is that counting "interim/caretaker" managers (for us Webby, twice now). Massey, Newton, Leonard, McCarthy over what, five years? Maybe not exactly a picture of stability, but hardly record-breaking. And it doen't seem like KH has been pulling a Mandaric or anything . . .

That's a serious question? Is that counting "interim/caretaker" managers (for us Webby, twice now). Massey, Newton, Leonard, McCarthy over what, five years? Maybe not exactly a picture of stability, but hardly record-breaking. And it doen't seem like KH has been pulling a Mandaric or anything . . .

Somebody should have their interview technique looked at. :P:lol: :ninja:Dont forget Rob Stevens and Les Gilbert.

Guest Chris B

rumours on the grapevine he has been approached by Portreath to help steer them away from the combo bottom spot????????????

:) HAHA

Thats a bit like Sven - England Manager to Notts County Director of Football. Thats not a drop its a flippin skydive! :lol:

Surely Truro were going to hit a brick wall sooner or later.Heaney couldn't have expected promotion after promotion after promotion.

Martin Rogers did such a good job at Tiverton he was being touted as the new Exeter or Torquay boss when they were looking for new managers a few years ago,but unless i'm mistaken,this league is the highest they have reached.

So Truro have hit a brick wall.

A third of the season has passed.

They are currently in 11th place with several games in hand.

Victory tomorrow night plus a few more wins with the games in hand,and they will be in a play off position.

Something had to give,with their recent form,Mr Heaney has acted to give a new manager plenty of time

for the remainder of the season,to clinch a play-off place.

I would'nt like you to build a house for me,with that sort of brick walls.

Who would be a manager nowadays.

With your chairman clamouring for instant success on the pitch.

A couple of bad results and you're out on your ear.

Why do clubs do it? It takes time to build a good team. These next couple of seasons should have been consolidation seasons for Truro City.

Perhaps it's our comments on here that have made Heaney act quickly.

Wheel brace anyone.

Why do clubs do it? It takes time to build a good team. These next couple of seasons should have been consolidation seasons for Truro City.

Perhaps it's our comments on here that have made Heaney act quickly.

Wheel brace anyone.

Just ask Liverpool fans and they might put you in the picture. Some clubs get shot of managers when they hit bad results, some clubs hold on to the believe that the manager will turn things around.

As a neutral I do think Truro have gone as far as they can go for a while but I suspect after reading some of the usual postings from the anti-Truro brigade in recent threads that certain posters here are doing naughty things to their bits over Truro's latest set of results and have been waiting to do it to themselves for at least five years.

Keven Heaney :SM_carton: , I would not trust him as far as my front gate, he has done Truro City no good at all if he had brains or cared for his City when his firm went bust, he would have paid his Cornish creditors out of his own fortune,

What has he done for Truro City Walked away from full responsibility, & handed over to a firm of Solicitors, Who have not got a clue on how to run a succesfull Football club, No wonder when you speak to City Suporters, they are very unsure of the future of Truro Cicty,

I believe the City suporters deserve better than an untrustworthy person like Keven Heaney, posing as the great saviour of Truro City,

one Question, if one day Heaney's dream of a new stadium, was to be built, what Cornish firm would be in line to do the job, dare I say NONE,

City suporters do not kid yourselves heaney is not the saviour of Truro City he is a burden.

Hammers :c: :c:

Hammers, you may not trust Kevin Heaney as far as you can throw him but you cant say he has done Truro no good at all. 5 years or so ago they were just another run of the mill Cornish club but look what has been achieved and for the most part playing quality football thats been very enjoyable to watch.

The man has certainly helped to put Truro on the footballing map.

What is not clear, is did he jump or was he pushed ?

Most posters and general opinion, is that it was the latter, in which case it suggests that Mr Heaney has a very short term veiw of the future of the club. No manager whoever comes in now, will want less funding to buy or loan new players in January by which time it may be too late for Promotion this season. The players at the club may have hit a sticky patch but even Man Utd have those.

Unfortunately, there are very few cases where a 'money man' has come in and actually made bthings work. Most end up financially screwing up or being thrown out or both, Chester City being the latest media grabbing club, although it happens almost monthly in lower leagues, such as King Lynn at the moment. Yes the Truro club have had some good seasons, but they now appear to have hit the ceiling on where the current money will take them.

The owner must realise, that if he wants to take the club higher, it will cost more on and off the pitch. The players are not good enough and neither is the ground for anything above Southern League. His well publicised business failures have not endered him to a lot of people and a good amount of trust has been lost.

I hope Mr McCarthy got a nice pay off and that he finds well paid employment in the very near future, no one deserves the sack after a couple of iffy results and certainly not just before Xmas.

There could be any number of reasons why Truro are suffering poor form. Unfortunately when a team suffers as badly as they have then the manager usually has to go. The problem is Truro have a habit of losing managers and it would be interesting to see who takes the job next.

It could also mean that the money (we know not) is not enough to put out a winning team on the park which means this is as far as Truro can go.

I agree with ECPL. The club must go through a period of stabilising. They have done well, no arguments but there is always a time when things come to a halt and this could be Truro's time. No reason they can't hold their own where they are but to expect to keep going up is out of the question. It won't happen. If things are not handled properly; they will return from where they came and the dream will be over.

But, oh, what a dream it's been! :D

In the early period of our recent disappointing results, there was much discussion about consolidation v promotion, and the consensus was that next year, Conf South, would have been the best time to take a breath and take stock. We've stalled a bit early, and I think the sacking is a reflection of that sentiment. SMcC's brief was another promotion, but there's no question the momentum has stalled.

I disagree that promotion is out this season -- unlikely, yes. But it ought to be the goal.

I am amazed Sean McCarthy's sacking has taken so long, I would have got rid of him LAST season, promotion was gained despite of him, then I think the players took control, fed up with the negative tactics employed at places like Beaconsfield, North Leigh etc.

Bring in someone who can bring back the passion.

There are no rules about 'stalling', it happens. It can happen to any club. Liverpool have stalled. Look this is simple: nothing is set in stone, Chelsea can stall and they might; unlikely but possible. City have come to a crossroads. They might take the right direction; they might not. No reason to walk away. More reason to stick it out and hope for improvement.

There has never been a perfect football team, there never will! You can take that to the bank!

Guest watcher

Which Chris is now in charge at TCFC? Is it a) Chris Webb, would-be football supremo with the loyalty of a donkey but the memory of a goldfish, B) Chris Lingard, would-be impresario and stroppy legal eagle, who has Heaney's plums (but not his wallet) in a vice, or c) Chris Tarrant, who makes other people millionaires by giving them his own money, as opposed to Kevin Heaney who made himself a millionaire by taking other people's money?

Just asking.

When Kevin Heany took charge at Truro City I can remember that he talked about having a plan in place over a period of time. I can not remember the time scale that was mentioned but i am sure it was long enough in case promotion every season was not achieved. The glory of promotion every season would be great for any club and its supporters, however i believe Kevin Heany was and is realistic that the current situation would arise somewhere along the path too the football league when he took over.

Somersetspur, you are the clueless one, :SM_carton: you think you know it all, read the other comments following yours most of them go along basically with what my thoughts are about Heaney,

I will spell it out for you seeing you are a bit thick,

he came to Truro City big time flashing his money about, & that was good for Truro, but the way he has treated his creditors, he has undone all the good work that he started to do, because no one trusts him any more, I do not know if you are Cornish, but if you rob or cheat a Cornish man of his rights or money you are finished, no one will ever trust you again, & as long as he stays at Truro, Truro City will suffer the consequences,

& in my book the Truro City fans do not deserve to be punished because of Heaney's actions,

But even though I am a Falmouth Town suporter, I have many friends who suport the City,

& know that my comments are fair & to the point, & i wish them all the best,

Hammers :c::thumbsup: :c:

but if you rob or cheat a Cornish man of his rights or money you are finished, no one will ever trust you again, & as long as he stays at Truro, Truro City will suffer the consequences,

& in my book the Truro City fans do not deserve to be punished because of Heaney's actions,

There are a lot of people out there that have cheated Cornishmen. Why we can't just stick to the footballing subject beats me!

Fact is that money does buy success - at any level of football. Whether it be Truro City who benefit at present, or Falmouth Town in the days of Richard Gray. I'm sure Richard didn't get all the players coming down from Plymouth for only a pasty and a pint!

Somersetspur,

You just cannot face facts, I am not saying that Heaney has not put a lot of money into Truro City, he has, & good luck to them, But he has spoilt the record books by, robbing the very people that helped to make him a rich man, & any future plans of Heaney for Truro City, will be looked at very closley, before any contractor takes it on, he is simply untrustworthy.

& if they refuse because of his record then it will be Truro City suporters who will suffer,

I am sorry that because you are so narrow minded that you cannot work out these things,for youself,

Also unlike you I can take fair criticism, & I also do not need to resort to using swear words to reply to you which is also a sign of an un-educated person, who has a poor understanding the English language

Hammers :clapper::c: :c:

Well Somersetspur,suddenly my bricks(which you took completely out of context) looks a little stronger!

A game in hand you mentioned has ended in defeat.

By brick wall i meant what many posts above this are saying,and indeed what mine said,it's asking too much to expect promotion season after season.Maybe Truro have found "their level"

there is something seriously wrong goin on at truro the confidence has gone right out of the club and the players some of the players they have got are just not up to this standard of football they should never of let tom smith go he was a clossus at the back and they still need a goalscorer ,i think martin rogers should be the new manager or maybe make stewart yetton player manager ,another poor display vs evesham at the moment they dont look like winning they should sign o hagan and chris luxton from bodmin . :c:

This thread is titled.Sean McCarthy leaves Truro.

Not the life and times of Kevin Heaneys financial world.

So a certain West Ham fan decides to call me,thick,un-educated and have a poor understanding of the English language.

Then throw his little toys out the pram,when I retaliate.

He blames Heaney of robbing the Cornish people.

I am a proud Cornishman,and I understood a clever Cornishman dont get robbed or cheated.

If Im,what you say I am,then you must be twice as daft as I am

Grow up child,and try and stick to the thread title.

<_<<_<<_< <_<

Gosh! Remembered my password! (I'm in Birmingham on a City Inn free internet connexion. My home PC remembers all that stuff for me!)

Gutted about the 2-1 defeat.

Now, come on, folks. Look at the history of the squad members. Knockers say, "not QUITE good enough for the higher leagues they played in." Well, not quite good enough for League 2 is easily good enough for Southern Prem. Many of those players held their places in those league clubs for respectable lengths of time. So: apart from the generally-agreed point about needing a big striker and killer midfielder just to provide more options than now, it has to be the case that the players are easily good enough (look at early-season results). Other teams in the league have spread the word about how we play and how to play us and with the aforementioned dearth of options we are at the moment floundering. It just needs the right bloke to build these good-enough players into a winning combination again. Talk of signing players from the SW Pen League are just self-delusion. The gap is huge now. And as for Kevin: no-one when he started out could have envisaged the financial crisis that dumped on a lot of businessmen, especially builders. He can't be happy with what has happened fiscally speaking and what is happening on the park. Millionaires rarely have shedloads of cash under their mattresses. Their worth is in property and value of businesses owned. My worth is in the monthly cash I get as pension plus other little bits I get for other things I do. That IS cash. Just not enough to finance the gorilla we need up front! Truro have had a brilliant ride so far. Let's hope it will pick up soon. Win or lose, the football is far better than what Cornwall had to offer four years ago.

Somersetspur ,you said in your previous reply to me that you were going to IGNORE me, oh! dear you do have a short memory,

But It is the season of good will & all that & I never bear grudges, so a happy Christmas & new year to you, & indead to all users of the Cornish Soccer forum, :c::smiley20: :c:

Have they ever been asked?

SMC was asked to do an interview with The west Briton, but all he had to say was no comment. I think these ex- managers are paid to keep their mouths shut.

Wouldn't look good now to wash dirty linen in public would it?

Yes, although i am a City fan, i feel like fans like myself are kept in the dark on somethings.

I feel like (from a fans pov) i am staring into an abyss. I mean, what the hell is going on, the club house is going too. And yet, no one seems to be questioning why this is happening. Players that SMC signed while he was at the club but haven't played KH has told them that they can go, and that they have to train by themselves and not with the 1st team. I mean... WTF!

Mr Massey seems to kiss the rear of Mr Heaney in each of his columns on Cornish Soccer, perhaps he would like to comment on the 'no comment' stance taken by previous managers.

What changed?

As i recall, when Steve Massey left the club, he said that he wasn't prepared to put out the team that KH wanted him to. He didn't feel like he was making the decisions as a manager, he felt like they were being made for him.

You say about Steve Massey kissing KH's butt.

The only grade a butt kisser at Treyew Road i know of is Chris Webb! If someone says anything remotely insulting about KH (on T. Talk), Webby will reply and stick up for him.

Yes, i know i'm a City fan, but i am saying what i feel.

SMC was asked to do an interview with The west Briton, but all he had to say was no comment. I think these ex- managers are paid to keep their mouths shut.

Yes, although i am a City fan, i feel like fans like myself are kept in the dark on somethings.

I feel like (from a fans pov) i am staring into an abyss. I mean, what the hell is going on, the club house is going too. And yet, no one seems to be questioning why this is happening. Players that SMC signed while he was at the club but haven't played KH has told them that they can go, and that they have to train by themselves and not with the 1st team. I mean... WTF!

What do you mean the clubhouse is going? Not many years ago it was a thriving bar. :ninja:

What do you mean the clubhouse is going? Not many years ago it was a thriving bar. :ninja:

Stirkers is going. At least the ppl that own it are. Apparently it can't be kept running in the current financial climate.

Have always said Truro would get no higher than this level. No matter who is in charge and how much money you chuck at it. It's all to do with location. This is why eveybody laughed at Truro when they suggested they could make it to the conference. Never gonna happen. I think now is the time to wake up and have a reality check because in a minute the club is likely to be in a right mess.

Guest watcher

You only have to read what the West Briton has been allowed to publish about the 5 Employment Tribunals Heaney has had to settle in the last few weeks to know that his tactic is to spin them out as long as possible claiming he is 'ill' or on some other specious grounds, and them settles at the last minute and gags the people who have brought the claim against him so that they can't speak out. He's spent years avoiding facing up to the people he has ripped off by geting lawyers to spin cases out as long as possible until the people he owes money to either go bust or give up. He's left unpaid bills behind him with one legal firm after another, and yet still seems to be able to carry on regardless. If the clubhouse is shutting, just what are Follett Stock getting out of this?

I've no doubt Webby has been paid to keep his mouth shut, but given what has happened to other ex employees of Heaney's when they've got the wrong side of him, he's to be counted among the lucky ones. And I agree with whoever it was said about Webb being Heaney's biggest brown noser over the years. Any respect I ever had for him went when having been shat on by Heaney from a great height, he still came back for more. I don't give a second thought for Webby, he knew what he was letting himself in for. But we should all speak up for the hundreds of people in small businesses whose livelihoods have been ruined by Heaney's ways of doing business. And Heaney still gets away with it, keeps his head down, counts the money he's got stashed away offshore, and waits for it all to blow over. Face it, we've all been conned by Heaney, and if this club is ever going to live down the shame of it, we've got to stand up against him now. And if Chris Lingard and Follett Stock were half the rottweiler lawyers they claim to be they'd be going for his jugular by now as well instead of helping him get away with it and gagging the people who have the balls to speak out against him.

You only have to read what the West Briton has been allowed to publish about the 5 Employment Tribunals Heaney has had to settle in the last few weeks to know that his tactic is to spin them out as long as possible claiming he is 'ill' or on some other specious grounds, and them settles at the last minute and gags the people who have brought the claim against him so that they can't speak out. He's spent years avoiding facing up to the people he has ripped off by geting lawyers to spin cases out as long as possible until the people he owes money to either go bust or give up. He's left unpaid bills behind him with one legal firm after another, and yet still seems to be able to carry on regardless. If the clubhouse is shutting, just what are Follett Stock getting out of this?

I've no doubt Webby has been paid to keep his mouth shut, but given what has happened to other ex employees of Heaney's when they've got the wrong side of him, he's to be counted among the lucky ones. And I agree with whoever it was said about Webb being Heaney's biggest brown noser over the years. Any respect I ever had for him went when having been shat on by Heaney from a great height, he still came back for more. I don't give a second thought for Webby, he knew what he was letting himself in for. But we should all speak up for the hundreds of people in small businesses whose livelihoods have been ruined by Heaney's ways of doing business. And Heaney still gets away with it, keeps his head down, counts the money he's got stashed away offshore, and waits for it all to blow over. Face it, we've all been conned by Heaney, and if this club is ever going to live down the shame of it, we've got to stand up against him now. And if Chris Lingard and Follett Stock were half the rottweiler lawyers they claim to be they'd be going for his jugular by now as well instead of helping him get away with it and gagging the people who have the balls to speak out against him.

No wonder webby is a good lap-dog.

I've no doubt Webby has been paid to keep his mouth shut, but given what has happened to other ex employees of Heaney's when they've got the wrong side of him, he's to be counted among the lucky ones. And I agree with whoever it was said about Webb being Heaney's biggest brown noser over the years. Any respect I ever had for him went when having been shat on by Heaney from a great height, he still came back for more. I don't give a second thought for Webby, he knew what he was letting himself in for.

So thats what you think of Webby is it? I would say he is being loyal to the club he loves,played for,and managed all his footballing life.You dont find many of his sort around these days.If Kevin Heaney left the club tomorrow,you would still find Webby there doing what he has done for years,Doing what is best for Truro City Football Club.