Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results or Postponements

Can you post your results, etc on this thread please including attendances.

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 5th December

Falmouth Town Reserves 0-3 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ross Bowden 2, Cody Cooke)

Att - 50

Newquay Reserves 0-1 Perranwell (Andy Hill)

Att - 50

Penzance Reserves (Ashley Thomas 2, Max Davies, Liam Devine) 4-3 Mullion (Chris Ensink, Lee Cattran, Jason Robertson)

Att - 23

RNAS Culdrose P-P Porthleven Reserves

St Agnes (Tom Benney 2, Justin Andrew, Sam Hatfield, Darren Murrish) 5-1 Ludgvan (Mike Cruse)

Att - 30

St Ives Town (Ellis Deaves 2, Chris Lock 2, Danny Paynter, Elliott Fox) 6-0 Portreath

Att - 20

Troon P-P Holman SC

One casualty already. Culdrose v Porthleven has been postponed.

St Agnes 5 (2) vs (1) 1 Ludgvan

Although the weather was pretty damn awful both teams gave it a go with 100% effort shown which produced an entertaining game. The wind in the first half was pretty strong and to be honest Ludgvan coped quite well even though St Agnes at times battered the penalty area bringing a few fine saves from Pete in goal. Ludgvan had their moments and Luffy Jnr brought a good save from the homesides keeper who managed to tip the ball onto the crossbar, shame no one was following up as they would have had a tap in.

St Agnes scored twice in the first half which they probably deserved although they got caught with a sucker punch when Cruser scored after a fine ball from Mark Mitch. I think the 2 -1 score line at half time was a fair reflection in terms of hard work, maybe on the balance of play St Agnes might have felt that they deserved to be further ahead.

The second half saw the awayside come on quite strong, creating one or two chances, however, none could be called clear cut.

Darren’s well taken goal to increase the lead to three was important as it meant that the Hurlers needed two further strikes to get on level terms and this then opened the game up and to be honest saw us lose our shape a bit as we chased the game.

Ludgvan did have a couple of chances to reduce the deficit before St Agnes scored their fourth which put the game to bed. As the team pushed on to try and reduce the deficit, the homeside did have several chances to increase their lead which they squandered. The fifth goal was cruel on the lads for all their effort but you have to defend for the full amount of time.

I was unhappy with part of our second half display and felt we should have tightened up and not left ourselves open but to be honest when you are chasing the game u will always leave gaps and St Agnes counter attacked really well. Thanks to everyone at St Agnes for their hospitality after the match, sorry I couldn’t stay to long but work beckoned.

All the best to Martyn and all at St Agnes for the rest of the season. :smiley20:

Well done Ross bud, but hope you will still be with us each week, is the rumour true that young Rob Hearne has been snapped up by Torquay?

Heard he is only signed onto there books, more of a case of if he come's good then Torquay hold his signature as you can't sign "pro" forms untill your 17, i believe!!! Good on the lad only heard good things about him !!!!!

post Yesterday, 09:56 PM

Post #19

telithowitis

Premier Contributor

Group: Members

Any news on how the Fal Town keeper is?

the Falmouth Town keeper yesterday was me, filling in for the game as Scoffy was suspended , just want to firstly thank my team mates and colleagues from Falmouth and also the Penryn players and management for all their help in lookin after me until the ambulance arrived, as i really didnt have a clue what was happening to me or what was goin on at the time

still not feelin to good today, while being treated at the ground yesterday at first the paramedic thought i had a stroke during the game, but after doing several tests etc he doesnt think that is what happened, my blood pressure had dropped to a very low level for some reason and they couldnt get it back up for a fair while, anyway i did recover slowly and was well enough to not go to hospital for further tests, however the paramedic has left me with a full medical report of all that he did etc which i have to keep with me this week as if i feel like its going to happen again i have to go straight to hospital and take the report with me, hopefully it wont happen again tho!

once again thx to all from Falmouth Town and the visiting Penryn players and management for their care while lookin after me until the paramedics arrived and hopefully i will be fully recovered soon

st.ives pitch was perfect today, nice and firm and very good young side!!!!

Perfect? That's a bold statement.

I think he means perfect as in considering half the earths ocean capacity has fallen from the sky in the past 2 weeks

True. Probably drained down all the pot holes.