Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup 3rd Round Results

Haven't played footy this season to date but so pleased the boys are going strong in the Junior Cup and league again, just heard from Manager it was Trispen 3 St Buryan 5, great result, difficult place to go especially given the conditions today. Home draw would be appreciated in next round up the Buyan!!!!!!!

Scorers to follow.............................

TRISPEN 3 ST.BURYAN 5

0-1 GAVIN EDWARDS 17

1-1 DAN MITCHELL 42

2-1 MARK RAPSEY 53

2-2 MARK GEORGE 65

2-3 GAVIN EDWARDS 74

2-4 JAMES HOWMAN(OG)79

3-4 GRAHAM COOK 82

3-5 GARETH MAY 88

MUDBATH! BOTH TEAMS DESERVE ABIT OF CREDIT FOR EVEN TRYING TO PLAY FOOTBALL ON IT! EXCELLENT REFEREE MR COLIN SPENCE WAS GOING TO ABANDON THE GAME AT THE START OF THE SECOND HALF BUT WE TALKED HIM INTO PLAYING ON.WISH WE DID'NT NOW!!! WONT BE A GAME AT TRISPEN FOR AT LEAST A MONTH NOW I WOULD IMAGINE!!! GOOD LUCK TO ST.BURYAN IN THE QUARTER FINAL. GOOD EXPERIENCED TEAM. :thumbsup:

Guest bootboy

Just watched Padstow lose 5 - 2 to Boscastle. Dont let the result fool you. Padstow went in 2-1 up at halftime and were ruling the game. With 25 minutes to go the goalkeeper was injured and so was their left back. This was too much for Padstow who from then on had Boscastle camped in their half, and netted 4 goals. The result is what counts but you have to feel for Padstow. the ref reckond Padstow played some of the best football hes seen this season, and certainly outplayed boscastle for at least 2/3rds of the game. But then its the result that counts.

st.mawgan 3v2 afc st.austell again credit to both teams trying to play footy in terrible conditions. score may of been different if one of our lads could keep his mouth shut and not get sent off.good fight from the rest of the ten that were on the pitch trying to stick it to st mawgan.all in all not bad game all the best to st mawgan in next round

Well done to the keeper of st.mawgan some cracking saves that kept us at bay

boscastle 5-2 padstow !!! good result for boscastle against a very good padstow side who shouldn't be in duchy 5 with the way they play more like a division 1 side but boscastle had just enough in the end also the weather didn't help either side also pitch is a little wrecked now will need a good week of dry weather or can't see them plaing on it for a while !!! good luck to padstow for rest of season except next week when you play our reserves

Madron 8 .v. Trevenson Utd 0

Well beaten on the day by a side that play some very good attacking football. Half time we were 3-0 down but were well in the game, holding our shape and passing the ball well. We felt we conceded two very poor goals ( 1 a contested off - side ) and certainly, at half time, felt it was all to play for. Unfortunately, we conceded a fourth early in the second half after the ball cannoned off captain Spencer Osborn leaving 'keeper Leigh Isaacs stranded. This early goal coupled with our change of formation done us. Madron's midfield started to really run the show and we just couldn't get a foothold in the game. I hope that JM10 will back up the fact that we battled to the end and if we could of posed a few more problems going forward then it could of been a different result.

All the best to Madron in the next round, and thank you for the fantastic hospitality both at half time and back at the astro club.

Illogan Res 4 Titans 1

A game that should really of never been played considering the conditions but played it was.

A cracking game it was as well, lots of incidents, goals & plenty of flying tackles. Titans had the better of the 1st half creating chances & battling hard but the game hinged on a couple of incidents. Greengrass bought down Graham Jewell, ripe old age of 65 & still causing problems, inside the box & ref awarded a pen.

Dont know the taker but he struck it well but placed it poorly giving Grass the chance to redeem himself with a cracking one handed save to his right. Then moments later, get ready Browner, Illogan attack & work the ball to the left wing, where I pick up the ball then hit a SHOT towards the far top corner & it goes in off the post. We went in 1-0 at h/t.

2nd half was more open with both teams creating chances, we scored a couple of goals off corners to make it 3-0 then Titans pulled one back making it 3-1 but we created more than our fair share of chances when J Jones put in Calloway to get his hatrick which was well deserved.

I reckons Marksys' chilled a bit over the years & think promotion is enevitable for his boys.

Look forward to Marksy comments as always.....and Browner IT WAS A SHOT.

And Jago played well against the 3 players he had to mark.... :thumbsup:

MADRON 8 -0 TREVENSON UNITED

WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE REFEREE AND TREVENSON FOR A GREAT GAME TODAY

GOALSCORES:

MATT THOMAS 5 DANNY FORD 2 JAMIE CREE 1

AND THEY DID NOT STOP BATTLING ALL THE WAY TO THE END AND WOULD LIKE TO WISH THEM THE BEST FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON

WELL DONE TO MY BOYS REALLY GREAT RESULT

A great result for us in probably the 2nd worst conditions I've ever played in, when we turned up I thought the pitch looked one of the best we had played on all season, by the time we left it looked like a ploughed field, Newlyn East are a very good side but we had more players prepared to throw themselves in front of the ball in the conditions, which made the difference. If my brother had his shooting boots on it could have been more.

St. Newlyn East 1-3 Storm FC

Newlyn didn't do themselves any justice on a pitch that just passed inspection to be played upon.

Storm deservedly took the lead after 10 mins when a shot that was going at least 2-3 m wide hit a Storm player's knee and went in to the far corner. Storm had the better of the first half as Newlyn sat back and won hardly any challenges or 2nd ball.

With 10 mins remaining in the half Newlyn were penalised when Jimmy Ward fairly won a tackle 20 yards out which the ref deemed a free kick for Ward "looking too aggressive" and despite Scott getting two hands on the reultant kick Storm went in at the break 2 goals up as the free kick was well dispatched by the Storm player.

Within 2 mins of the interval 2 Newlyn players almost tackled each other and the ball fell kindly to a Storm player who socred their 3rd and decisive goal. Newlyn effectively played all the second half attacking Storm's goal but the first half damage had already been done. Newlyn pulled a goal back after some earlier close efforts when Chris Ballett fired home in the dying minutes.

Congratulations to Storm who adapted to the conditions far better than the home side in a game that was not pretty for the spectators!!!!! We wish them well in the next round as they deserved their victory.

Just hope our pitch recovers!!!!

Jiggy

www.clubwebsite.co.uk/stnewlyneastfc

Halsetown 2 helston athletic 2 at full time. match abandoned before extra time started. not sure what happens now i.e. replay game at ours or theirs as game was abandoned after the 70 mins (or whatever it is). was a horrible game because of the conditions so neither team really had a chance to play football

Gotta agree with you baggie, gameshouldnthave been played but what a game it was! the penalty taker was jack stocker, shame he missed it because hes had a good season. :drink:

Illogan Res 4 Titans 1

A game that should really of never been played considering the conditions but played it was.

A cracking game it was as well, lots of incidents, goals & plenty of flying tackles. Titans had the better of the 1st half creating chances & battling hard but the game hinged on a couple of incidents. Greengrass bought down Graham Jewell, ripe old age of 65 & still causing problems, inside the box & ref awarded a pen.

Dont know the taker but he struck it well but placed it poorly giving Grass the chance to redeem himself with a cracking one handed save to his right. Then moments later, get ready Browner, Illogan attack & work the ball to the left wing, where I pick up the ball then hit a SHOT towards the far top corner & it goes in off the post. We went in 1-0 at h/t.

2nd half was more open with both teams creating chances, we scored a couple of goals off corners to make it 3-0 then Titans pulled one back making it 3-1 but we created more than our fair share of chances when J Jones put in Calloway to get his hatrick which was well deserved.

I reckons Marksys' chilled a bit over the years & think promotion is enevitable for his boys.

yes it is 10.25 and yes i have had a few beers but 4-1 we did not deserve that. quiet a few mining 1 sides will not run you as close this year as we have but well done illogan and good luck in the cup you will not have a harder game than you had today. nice to see dennis an ionna at the club :c::clapper: may good timews at illogan :thumbsup:

yes it is 10.25 and yes i have had a few beers but 4-1 we did not deserve that. quiet a few mining 1 sides will not run you as close this year as we have but well done illogan and good luck in the cup you will not have a harder game than you had today. nice to see dennis an ionna at the club :c::clapper: may good times at illogan :thumbsup:

Guest Clancy Von-Heffenburger

ive seen calmer conditions on the series of trawlermen! game should never of been started!! it was blowing a hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooleeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Illogan Res 4 Titans 1

Not argue with much of that write up Baggie, of course im biased but a big crowd watching due to guys not playing agreed as said we did dominate the first half hitting the post twice & shaun saving the pen. Then out of nothing a cross on 43 mins goes in with the wind (what wind) :yahoo: Cannot deny at that stage right on half time we felt pretty gutted & deservedly so not to be in front. Second half & an even half difference for me was Illogan took there chances & the few we had were not strong enough to test shaun. Overall really pleased with our performance at 2-1 we had them rattled for five minutes in the second half but another goal from the hard working cally put paid to that. Have to say Baggie thought your lino was one dirty filthy cheating scouse out of europe i sell parts in a garage bloke :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Good luck to Illogan in the next round some great lads there i had the privelage to manage.

Am genuinely pleased all three teams are doing so well (as long as i can get back above the bloody thirds) :unsure: Agree with the drunk postman pat nice to see Dennis always gave good advice when i was there, & top man Steve Roscoe :thumbsup:

Guest Reginald Perrin

St Day 2 Carharrack 3

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

game should of been abandoned. by all accounts it was rediculous. ball stopping in puddles, players hardly being able to keep their feet. dangerous. Carharrack lino running 60 yards across the pitch to celebrate the winning goal..??!!?? very graceful indeed. and his brother doing an Heskey impression at 2 different grounds... :lol: wish i was there to see it

Watched this game and I have to agree even though the game was 50/50 to start it should have been abandoned probably at half time. Credit to both sides though they tried their hardest to play football on a pitch that has probably now been ruined for the season. St Day should have been out of sight in the first 20 minutes but misssed numerous chances through Duaine Britton and Shaun Wills. Carharrack scored a beauty 1st goal and then poor old Spuddy whom had a great game apart from his mistake for the 2nd goal. St Day battled really hard to get back into the game with 2 goals from Duaine and both sides had numerous other chances to win the game. Football is about taking your chances and in the end and the dark Carharrack took one game over. Credit to both teams impessed with the effort shame about the result for a plucky St day..

Pissed right off at the pitch

Good Luck next round Crharrack

Illogan 4 - 1 Titans

Tough game and tough conditions which were a real leveler and the difference was simply that we took our chances and Titans didn't.

All the best for the rest of the season to Dave, Browner and Jago etc great bunch of lads.

With all this bad weather we still haven't missed a game which could be crucial come the end of the season.

Halsetown 2 helston athletic 2 at full time. match abandoned before extra time started. not sure what happens now i.e. replay game at ours or theirs as game was abandoned after the 70 mins (or whatever it is). was a horrible game because of the conditions so neither team really had a chance to play football

Apparently we have to play out at yours again

Red Army Win Derby Battle against St Day

Junior Cup West Result

St Day 2 Carharrack 3

Christmas came early for Carharrack after knocking out arch rivals St Day in the 3rd Round of the Cornwall Junior Cup West. In one of Cornwall’s biggest football derbys, in less than perfect conditions it was St Day that nearly took the lead in the first 10 minutes. With the visiting defence pushed out, St Day striker Dwaine Britton broke though but failed to capitalise on his opportunity curling his shot inches wide. Minutes later home forward Sean Wills was one on one with only the Carharrack keeper to beat, but Dale Paull stood his ground and Wills wasted an golden shot again inches past the left hand post. Carharrack took control of the game and following confusion in the box a deflected ball off Carharrack forward Jason Farnsworth ended up in the back of the net which silenced the home crowd. Just before the interval Carharrack increased their lead Dan Ellis scored from a free kick which sent the home keeper Michael Andrew the wrong way sending the Red Army ecstatic. As the rain lashed down outside stern words could be heard during the halftime team talks from both sides. St Day came out of the changing rooms looking for a goal and that is actually what they got when a free kick was converted just outside the box from Britton. With St Day having the momentum Carharrack tried to pushed forward giving Stuart Smeeth a 25 yard shot which smashed against the crossbar. With 20 minutes to go St Day grabbed the equaliser through Britton after the linesman failed to spot a offside decision. The football was now end to end with both sides battling to win the match. On the 85th minute, what can only de described as a miracle save by Carharrack’s Paull ricochet off the under belly of the crossbar sending the ball into the box and subsequently cleared by the defence. Going into injury time and the conditions worsening Carharrack were awarded a corner. It was met by Ellis who smashed the ball past the keeper scoring the winning goal. The Carharrack squad knowing they had clenched the game in the dying moments ran towards the halfway line celebrating their victory against the Saints in this nail biting encounter.

Match Official: Ian Pattison

Guest Chris B

With 20 minutes to go St Day grabbed the equaliser through Britton after the linesman failed to spot a offside decision.

Rubbish!! You should blame your lino then...He struggled to keep up with play HAHAHAHAHA Army?? Salvation bloody Army!! :thumbsup: :P

Apparently we have to play out at yours again

Yep that's right. Confirmed it on the FA website.

See you Saturday and hopefully the weather will be a bit better ... and the football!!

I think we need to cut helston's keeper's hands off after last weeks display. considering the awful conditions he held on to absolutely everything. usually there would be 1 or 2 balls dropped or slipped but to his credit he was faultless. maybe we should stop taking shots straight at the keeper.

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 1 2009, 11:21 AM)

With 20 minutes to go St Day grabbed the equaliser through Britton after the linesman failed to spot a offside decision.

Rubbish!! You should blame your lino then...He struggled to keep up with play HAHAHAHAHA Army?? Salvation bloody Army!! :thumbsup::P

To be fair to St Day they put up a good fight but Carharrack appeared to have the edge and should not have given away the lead in the first place.

Junior Cup Round 3 - East

Mount Charles 1 - 4 Tywardreath RBL

Scorers:-

Pete Thomas (Mount Charles)

Kevin Morcom, Dave Westaway (2), Simon Johnson (Tywardreath RBL)

Delighted to have won this replay after our shocking performance in the first game. Very good second half performance in particular and once we got our second goal the result didn't seem in doubt.

Looking forward to the sectional Quarter Final at home to Calstock or Premier Sixes.

Guest Clancy Von-Heffenburger

anybody now the scorers in the Falmouth Town against Lizard game?

brett southeard 2, toddrick butler and daniel "the american dream aka rey mysterio" knowles. i was informed that he set up bretts and todds goals as well.

"na! brett 1 daniel 1 me 1 timmy 1 woooop dan assisted mine and timmys i think, because i assisted dans and bretts..not to sure...AHHH well whatttaa resultt! got a bit tired and complacent near the end :S but ah well bring em on! "

Whose me and Timmy - could do with full names for report that's all