Guest Bundiwilliams

Some good news-

the following signings have been made throughout this week

Jacob kemp and Adam Gill------ Both from Illogan

Daz Copeland--------Trevenson

Tony Odgers--------Redruth United

Shaun Vinnacoombe- Storm----Signed as cover if storm have no game

Stuart Maylan------Stithians

all have been successfully signed this week and will be in squad for saturday, i would like to welcome all players to portreath and wish them all the best while they are at the club.

Guest Bundiwilliams

all were signed on correctly and done through the right chanels, if seven day approaches were required then yes they were all sent, all transfer forms were signed by club secretaries so all is good for saturday.

Guest Bundiwilliams

ya signed on more junior players, but with a difference they all have balls, take a strong person to join a club struggling, so instead of putting them down id like to say a big thankyou to these players for helping portreath survive the season!!!!!!!

ya we havent made major signings but these players are bloody good news for portreath!!!!!

sorry they aint players that are established in your great combo league but unfortunately we havent got money to offer players to come to our club, all we offer is the chance to play, so these players are here because they want to join the club not because i am paying them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

football follower- your correct stuart maylan does indeed play fal div 3, but as everyone knows last week we fielded a team of 10 players so numbers at a club is important, please dont knock a team when they are struggling!!!!!!!

Guest Bundiwilliams

like i said in a previous topic, we just need palyers that are willing to dig in and help us out, out of the players i have two 16 year olds that are playing for truro college and have said they need to be playing senior football to play county level, so good on them, if they can use portreath to better themselves then good on them.

to be honest next year if we manage to stay in combo there will be afew shocked team coz i will have a team made up of junior league players that will in my opinion hold there own in the glorious combo league, i just feel people on here really only come on here to knock people, 2 weeks ago portreath were considering pulling out of league, now i as a club we have attracted some brave players and we look like having 16 players saturday ready for battle, so we will survive, which is bloody good in the eyes of many people!!!!!!

so dont knock people for trying to better themselves and realise another club has survived thanks to junior players!!!!!!

Guest BEEFEATER

just out of interest , were the 7 days notice of approach made to all of these players clubs ???

what if they wernt zebedee are you going to grass them up.

So you've signed more "Junior" players to play in a senior league.........no wonder your not doing great!!!! lol

ive not heard of the lads who portreath have signed but goodluck to them and jman there are plenty of good enough players to make the step up to senior football and do well like the boys at troon who previously hadnt played in combo and ur best player daniel bell who is playing his first season in the leauge goodluck to portreath and troon for the season :thumbsup:

Some good news-

all have been successfully signed this week and will be in squad for saturday, i would like to welcome all players to portreath and wish them all the best while they are at the club.

sorry bundi but kempy not been with illogan all season,been with praze and been told thats where he is staying at the mo, am sure he will help as cover though,also daz still at trevenson mate,thought you better know so your squad is not left short again for saturday

Guest Chris B

So you've signed more "Junior" players to play in a senior league.........no wonder your not doing great!!!! lol

The combination league as a whole is really poor compared to 10yrs ago. Anyone can pretty much play combo. i think lately the devide between "jnr" and "snr" players i.e. Combo - div 1 is none existant.

I reckon now except 2/3 teams, SWPL1 is the same standard of when the combination was good.

How many teams are gettin relegated from combo this year!? i wish portreath well but if you don't pick up any points from the first three games these signings play can you honestly see them sticking around! It's all good saying they have balls but only people who care about a club will stick around not players who are there "to get in the college team" and play "when there team don't have a game" that's why helston are doing so well now cause core of there team are helston boys! theres no point putting people in who are going to play for themselves or just as cover cuase if you loose they'll only be thinking 'it's not really my team anyway' sorry if i sound like im having a dig cause im really not but a relegation battle is about a squad of players who'll battle for the badge not themselves!

Some good news-

Hey Bundi mate, don't listen to the negative dickheads bud... Anyone with half a brain cell can see that you're only doing what you can to keep a club you clearly hold dear afloat. If negative morons are trying to knock you for that, it's because they are too stupid and ignorant to appreciate the effort you're putting in, and therefore are not worthy of breathing the same air as you :angry2: ..

As for your signings mate, Please tell Darren Copeland I said hi and I'd be up there supplying the ammo for him if I wasn't so far away.. He'd LOVE that, FACT.. ;)

Guest Reginald Perrin

....when there team don't have a game" that's why helston are doing so well now cause core of there team are helston boys! theres no point putting people in who are going to play for themselves or just as cover cuase if you loose they'll only be .....

How long wil it last? Helston still to play Illogan,St day,P'well all twice. I think Helston will struggle soon as they have no strength in depth. What if the navy guys are away and you get a couple of injuries? lucky Terry Rowe didn't have a game so he could sit on the bench.

Bundi what you are doing is good. Its easier to quit but you're all sticking at it!

I HAVE JUST BEEN DOWN AND WALKED THE PITCH A CLIJAH. TO BE FAIR THE PITCH IS IN REALLY GOOD NICK APART FROM 1 PATCH OF WATER TO THE LEFT OF ONE OF THE PENALTY SPOTS BUT SOME FORKING WILL GET RID OF THAT. GOALMOUTHS ALL GOOD AND THE PITCH ON A WHOLE IS VERY FIRM.

WALKED ST DAYS AS WELL AND WOULD SAY THAT THE JUNIOR CUP GAME VERSUS CARHARRACK WILL BE ON....

GOOD ON YA WITH YOUR NEW PLAYERS BUNDI. SEE YOU TOMORROW..

WINNO

bundi, i think what yur doing down there in portreath is commendable, good luck for the rest of the season, to reginald perrin, we got one navy boy away at the moment, one other player overseas and five injuries to our squad, and goalkeeper barry hennesey is away sat so make that two players for the price of one! we have still got two/three on the bench, but thanks for your concern! and i think everyone is from the helston area bar one. but as i say i appreciate your concern.

Guest Reginald Perrin

Southall (blackpool?), shoval (camborne), Kettle(lanner?), Hennesey (london), Sharky (mullion), Pearson(stittians), Wood(wendron), Blake(essex?)Mcgergor(mullion) :c:

just at a guess...

Guest Gears of War

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Nov 27 2009, 08:42 AM)

The combination league as a whole is really poor compared to 10yrs ago. Anyone can pretty much play combo. i think lately the devide between "jnr" and "snr" players i.e. Combo - div 1 is none existant.

I reckon now except 2/3 teams, SWPL1 is the same standard of when the combination was good.

Same standard as combo used 2 be swpl1, r u nuts man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

reggie, i think the term of helston area is completely different to mine, im meaning we have some connection in some way or another, we all grew up either in helston or mullion, and 80%of us live in the helston/mullion area, this is why we i believe the aboved mentioned we have a good core helston team.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chris B @ Nov 27 2009, 08:42 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

just spoke to jacob kemp he said he hasnt signed for portreath!!!!

I would of thought bundi would know who's signed or not if he is the portreath secretary.

Some players seem to like to sign for a club in every league so as they can get a game when they don't have one for their main team.

Good luck portreath.

Guest Bundiwilliams

just to let everyone know i have received contact from 2 other players who are based in gloucester who regulary travel to cornwall at weekends to see family and have offered there services to portreath. so portreath is now going nationwide with its recruitment, come on you gulls!!!!

:c: :c::c:

Many people would have *ucke* off long before now Bundi so don't worry what people think!

I understand why people wouldn't wanna come and play for Portreath! Obviously, in the current position they are in, Why would they attract a high standard of player?

So if Juniors and people who's names aren't an everyday known thing wanna sign, turn up and try to help Portreath, what gives people the right on here to slate them ?

Keep up the hard work!