Cornwall Football Forum

Double tramsfer swoop for Borough!

St Stephens Borough are delighted to announce that defender Alistair Sinclair and midfielder Marc Hosking have rejoined the club from Saltash United's ECPL side.

These signings will undoubtedly strengthen the club's bid for promotion to the ECPL Premier.

Borough would like to thank Saltash United for their assistance in allowing this double transfer to go through.

Not so good news for edgcumbe, losing Graham O'Niell to Torpoint ECPL side. Top Scorer this season so far but Edgcumbe will move on.

Looking forward to hopefully playing against him next season now, not sure if its a step forward though?? Personally think he will go on to be the best striker in that league.

With no disrespect to Torpoint, how the hell is that a step forward for a player of his quality? Is that a political move, given the relationship between the clubs?

Would've thought a few SWPL clubs would've been sniffing, and would represent a better move for him? Unless he sees Torpoint ECPL as a stepping stone to their 1st team?

MattP i wouldnt say there was any relationship between Edgcumbe and Torpoint. Its come out of the blue really, and from what Iv heard Ricky has been putting in 7 days in for a lot of players. Graham has made his decision, a new challenge maybe, all of our lads wanted him to stay and he has left a team full of mates.

Be interesting to see if Ricky can keep him in on friday night!!

Crackin player and he would walk into most SWPL sides in my opinion.

Guest ECPL Supporter

It is gutting for you mate and i understand your disappointment but i think it's something you might have to get used to if you want to continue to move forward. The higher you go the more other managers will look at your players. As for a step forward only time will tell because if he does well the next step is Peninsula Premier without having to move to another club. I think you'll know what i mean when i say some people might need to change their style when things like this happen if you are going to keep progressing

• 2 weeks later...