Cornwall Football Forum

WHATS HAPPENING AT LANREATH

WHATS HAPPENING AT LANREATH

There appears to be some unrest at Lanreath with a number of players allegedly unhappy. Nicky Collins has gone to Dobwalls 1sts and Andy Collins to St Cleer. Bradley Powell is no longer captain. Any ideas because Lanreath are a great family club and it would be a shame to see them fall apart.

the manager!!!! all the gear and no idea.... i have bin told he has tryd applying for another job. great shame for the club as collins boys, bradley, clarky have built a great set up out there. :SM_carton:

I wuldnt go as far as saying there is unrest at Lanreath.......

Nicky left to join a higher club, its a no brainer..... any player would do the same.....

Andy left to get games under his belt as he wasnt playing regularly

I see both players as great guys who will be missed and im personally greatful to them as Andy gave me my chance at Lanreath and Nicky was always on hand to offer support and guidance to the players around him.

With regards to the gaffer it was only last night at training that he told me his request for the karaoke at presentation night..... :clapper::thumbsup:

I wont embaress him by naming his choice but if he pulls it off....... Simon Cowell bring it on!!!! On a serious note, Mark is an honest guy and im 100% confident he will be at Lanreath for the foreseeable future.

Guest LANREATH BOSS

For what it's worth I will give a response - but I wont be drawn into idol gossip or shit stirring which a few seem to thrive on I will just give a quick summary and then that's it.......1 question raised so answer provided.

ECPL - You should be absolutely embarrassed of yourself and in my mind you have completely misused your position as a sports journalist. I wouldn't be expecting any friendly chats in the near future about match reports or comings and goings at the club. As Robbie Williams said in one of his songs "the love we once had is officially dead"

So what's going on at Lanreath???

There is no unrest and Tiger27 has given a good account of things as he is a 1st team player so can comment as he sees it from within.

Andy wasn't figuring in the starting 11 as much as he may have liked and that was difficult cos the team was 3 wins out of 3 away from home against difficult opposition, Liskeard, Tavy & Launceston. So at a time when he was desperate for 90 minutes I was desperate to keep with the settled side that was turning out results each week - FACT.

So Andy Collins left for St Cleer to get some regular football and I wish him every success at a good club with a great Manager - FACT.

Then 2 or 3 weeks later Nicky Collins told me that Dobwalls had approached him and offered him the chance to play Paninsula Football. Nicky decided that the offer at the age of 35 or 36 was too good to turn down and so he has also left to try and test himself at the later stages of his playing career - FACT.

No issues with Nicky - great footballer for me over the last few months and was a regular in the team. If I see him down the Rally Club I will be sure to buy him a pint and if he decides the move was wrong anytime in the future then he will be welcomed back with open arms.

Bradley Powell loses captaincy - I gave Bradley the captains armband at the start of the season so it was as you were at the end of last season - new to Lanreath I didn't want to make too many radical changes or quick fixes.

However over the opening 10 games I realised that Bradley wasn't what I wanted from a Captain - simple as and FACT.

Bradley is a real Lanreath player through and through and a right character around the place - everybody including myself loves Bradley. He is also a superb footballer, on his day one of the best in the league, but the captaincy changed hands for football reasons and nothing more. Bradley and I spoke about the reasons why and he will admit himself that I did the right thing!!!

There's your response - nothing more to say and all FACT.

Currently mid-table and everyone connected with the Club is looking forward to hopefully achieving a top 8 finish this season which I firmly believe we can achieve (which will be an improvement on last season).

The club "will" progress and I'm sure we will meet our ambition and expectation over the next few years.

Many thanks.

Mark Blake - :thumbsup:

Guest Gary Andrews

Not so sure its wise that someone in your position air your dirty laundry in public, you havent got to answer to people on here !!!

this reminds me of the famous '' Rafa rant''

FACTS

FACTS

FACTS :clapper:

The Lanreath seconds have a good squad with some great players...... They are sitting comfortably in their league and are in the quater finals of the junior cup however in Duchy 2, It would have been a massive drop for a player of Andys Calibre to drop down to........

I have every confidence that Lanreath seconds will be challenging for promotion this year as they have done for the previous 3 seasons and with a settled side that already has a rather large squad im sure Spencer as second team manager is extremely happy with the players he has at his disposal.

Lets all hope this terrible weather stops soon so we can all go back to what we love doing..... And thats playing football!!! :thumbsup::clapper: :smiley20:

Guest poacher

The Lanreath seconds have a good squad with some great players...... They are sitting comfortably in their league and are in the quater finals of the junior cup however in Duchy 2, It would have been a massive drop for a player of Andys Calibre to drop down to........

I have every confidence that Lanreath seconds will be challenging for promotion this year as they have done for the previous 3 seasons and with a settled side that already has a rather large squad im sure Spencer as second team manager is extremely happy with the players he has at his disposal.

Lets all hope this terrible weather stops soon so we can all go back to what we love doing..... And thats playing football!!! :thumbsup::clapper::smiley20:

maximusx1 :SM_carton: have you taken up a new handle :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jimmyruff

Lets all hope this terrible weather stops soon so we can all go back to what we love doing..... And thats playing football!!! :thumbsup::clapper::smiley20:

A massive drop???!!! or not sure he'd get in regularly.....??? The seconds have the best squad in years, and we enjoy playing for the manager each week unlike our namesakes.....

A massive drop???!!! or not sure he'd get in regularly.....??? The seconds have the best squad in years, and we enjoy playing for the manager each week unlike our namesakes.....

Ive been away for a few weeks, but see this subject wont go away. Well said Jimmyruff couldnt agree more Spencers got a great squad Would be a good game between 1st and 2nds at Lanreath. you still out there POACHER

I agree that the seconds have a great squad capable of winning trophies this year! Not only are they talented footballers, but great lads off the pitch, a credit to spencer the manager!

With regards to 1sts vs 2nds...... will we ever find out!!!!!

I will be heading down saturday hopefully to see the lanreath boys in their cup quater final best of luck to them!!!!!!!! fingers crossed!

Guest LANREATH BOSS

We tried to arrange one at the beginning of the season but were turned down......wonder why!!!!???

:SM_carton:

News to me !!! Jimmyruff - I'm not sure who you are as you hide behind some silly name but if you have a problem with me or the 1st team squad at Lanreath then I suggest you actually bother to turn up to training on a Tuesday at Lux Park and ask me for 5 minutes of my time.

The constant jibes at the 1st team are uncalled for and disrespectful....maybe a few results have gone to your head but seriously a bit of growing up is needed.

As for a game - as 1st team manager no-one from the club at any time this season has asked me to consider this. We are 5 leagues apart and to be fair I wouldn't see it as much of a challenge but hey ho if you really think you are all that (and I mean you individually not your team) then maybe a 1st v 2nd friendly would be good to bring you down to earth a bit.

I commend Spence and the 2nd team for what they are achieving as its a good reflection on the Club and how things are progressing. However, as I tell the 1st team every week its a marathon and not a sprint and it's what you've achieved in May not January that you will be judged on.

Chin up Mr Ruffin and be good to see you on Tuesday.

Mark x :yahoo:

Guest LANREATH BOSS

Tell me to mind my own business, but there is nothing to be gained from 1st v 2nd friendlies.Aren't you all one Club?

:thumbsup: YEP - Totally agree. But sometimes when you are sat in a 2nd team all season maybe it's harder to see the bigger picture, and to understand the part you play in the Club!!!

Never been a fan of the 1st v 2nd friendly thing if I'm honest as the 1st team players don't really take it serious and the 2nd teamers usually play as if it's a cup final - and there's usually some charlie that just wants to use the opportunity to kick lumps out of players that are technically better.

Wouldn't be so rude as to tell you to mind your own business Chairman.

Regards.

Tell me to mind my own business, but there is nothing to be gained from 1st v 2nd friendlies.Aren't you all one Club?

:thumbsup: YEP - Totally agree. But sometimes when you are sat in a 2nd team all season maybe it's harder to see the bigger picture, and to understand the part you play in the Club!!!

Never been a fan of the 1st v 2nd friendly thing if I'm honest as the 1st team players don't really take it serious and the 2nd teamers usually play as if it's a cup final - and there's usually some charlie that just wants to use the opportunity to kick lumps out of players that are technically better.

Wouldn't be so rude as to tell you to mind your own business Chairman.

Regards.

Just don't get it Blakey do you? :huh:

Guest owl_sniffer

hi just thought i'd add my opinion into the mix. i'm a lanreath 2nd team player and quite happy playing in the second team. we had a good season last year and was led to believe that i was in the running to get into the first team and so was a few other players, enter mr blake who only came to one of our preseason games and excluded us from his training and only took the players he knew. since then two defenders have left and still no contact from the 1st team manager who supposedly is meant to be bringing in the younger players and at the time i was going to training on a regular basis. so am baffled why i and others were not considered????

Hi owl sniffler, im not sure which second teamer you are but as i played second team last year with you id like to offer my comments.

Yes we had a great season last year and in a squad that is young and talented, the 1st team will always be looking to move players up. I have to disagree that Mark Blake only took people who he knew, 2 players moved from 2nds to 1sts this year both of which never met the manager prior to training.

I strongly believe that by working hard and attending training you can catch the eye of the manager and with alot of fixtures still to play this season a hearty sized squad will be needed.

Best regards, lee

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LANREATH BOSS

2 players made the natural progression from 2nd team to 1st team when I joined the club and took the challenge on!!

3 more 2nd team players have been asked to step up to the 1st team in the last 2 months - and all turned down the opportunity!!

So as a manager it gets to a point where you just don't ask anymore and wasting your time!! If the general consensus is "we're all that and have a great set of lads and I don't want to take the risk" then it's better for me as a manager to go out and find someone that wants to play for me and the club than forcing someone to step up and out of their comfort zone!!

If anyone at Lanreath Football Club is playing 2nd team football and they want to step up and feel they are good and committed enough then all they need to do is attend training for 2 or 3 weeks and ask me for 5 minutes of my time before hand so we can talk it through!!!!

The door is always open from my side of the arguement, but too many are slamming it shut in my face and thinking they're all clever when asked to step up......it's too easy to say "I'm happy and comfortable just plodding along with the 2nd team".

Finally it is a massive jump between Duchy 2 and East Cornwall Prem so you would have to be some player to make the transition over night!!!

There are many teams in front of you in the Duchy Leagues that have been trying and fighting like hell for years to make their mark and step up from Duchy to East Cornwall Football like St Teath, Gunni, St Cleer, St Dennis, Edgcumbe etc just to name a few. And when they do make it up they start off in East Cornwall Div 1 so still a league below our first team - but what I am trying to say is if you really think you are underachieving playing Duchy 2 football and you really do think that you could make an impression in a team 4 leagues higher than you then please please don't come on here and hide under a stupid pet name, come to training and have a chat or send me a pm.

reading this topic makes me laugh!! seems there are a few bitter players in lanreath's 2nd team!! the the 1st team manager said if you go and speak to him personally and dont come on here slagging him off then mayb you will b given a chance? surely as a club the 2nd team players should be trying to help the 1st team and if players are gd enuff thn force there way into the 1st team, having played against lanreath in pre season i think it was there 2nd team, i dont think many of them are good enuff to play east cornwall prem!! just my opinion

As a former opposing Manager of Lanreath when the team was kick started back in the early 90s it's a shame to see such an obvious rift between the first and second teams.

Lanreath is a tiny village,and in football terms they have punched way beyond their weight for several seasons.

Their spirit and camaraderie both on and off the field has put many " larger " clubs to shame

Be dreadful to see that all eroded now

I don't know the first team manager at all but I do know Spencer and can vouch for the mans enthusiasm and energy for Lanreath FC

It would appear that like many sides these days the first and second sides train seperately and are run as two totally different sides.

I speak from experience when I say that usually indicates that the club is on a downward spiral

Have to say that i don't think that Mark has done a bad job out Lanreath this season, was going to be a bit difficult in his 1st season in East Cornwall but looks to have made the switch ok. Perhaps if the 2 teams worked together a bit more Lanreath could be a force to be reckoned with. Squabbling and airing your views on ths forum will never take a CLUB forward.

Here Mini i thought that i was the only the only Garfield in Cornwall ha ha, gutted!!!! :D

Guest LANREATH BOSS

looks like u need them after a 5nil drubbing sat.... pensilva to lanreath is a big step to far too :clapper:

That's very harsh and as you don't know any of the facts about yesterday I would suggest you stick a sock in it!!!

We played yesterday with a squad of 12 and me on the bench as cover.

First half we matched them in every department and only came in one down because of a penalty 30 seconds before the half time whistle.

2nd half they pushed on and took 1 or 2 chances really well and we also contributed to our own downfall by gifting them 2 goals.

The squad was thin on the ground as 2 players were away for the game and another new signing couldn't make it due to work comittment, and I even had to grafce the turf myself for the last 10 minutes due to a really bad injury to Jim Moynan.

Johnny Collins was set to start up front but only made the bench due to a tweak in his back at work last week - so it was bare bones stuff with an injured sub and one that hasn't played competatively for about 6 years.

So one or two played out of position and one 17 year old lad played his first ever game at this level.

5-0 flattered them and maybe 2 or 3 would have been a fairer reflection!!

Garf thanks for your comments and if the truth be known I'm just trying my best and experiencing a tough time with a huge learning curve that's in front of me.

As for the constant comments of a club rift and problems between 1st & 2nd - lets just say people get a little kick out of stiring up shit on here and need to take a good hard look at themselves. There is no problem with 1st & 2nd's at my club and every week any 2nd team player comes to training they are always welcomed and join in with the entire session that I put together - no split, just a group of club players that need a footie session!!

Those making comments to the contrary are probably the ones that never turn up and train!!

That's my lot on the topic as enough and more has been said - very little of it true!!

Best of luck and hope the stirring helps you sleep well x x

Guest Jimmyruff

Having played East Cornwall Prem footy last year....i can say that the standard of football between ECPL and Duchy is not so far apart.... Take away the usual few challenging for the honours each year the leagues are pretty average. Most teams rely on a lot of hard graft to get the best out of their season.....an example being our performance in the cup last year resulting in a narrow defeat in the final to launceston.

As for Mr Blake.....iv never had any dispute with you, its always gonna be difficult in the first season trying to get a team who have played for someone else for so long and in a different way to get them to come to terms with your ideas and tactics is always gonna take time.....something did need to change as they were an aging team....

My only gripe was the comment,from tiger i believe,about a player of Andys calibre 'dropping so far down in standard'.......

Cheers :D

Mr ruffin, hows your colar bone? I heard about your accident, wish you all the best mate. I noticed on the duchy forum bit you put you are considering retiring........ i hope this isnt the case, watching you vs st mawgan was like watching a young roberto carlos although in the pub after im sure i said it was closer to Julian Dicks haha (only joking buddy)

I have to disagree with you on the standard issue, having played alongside you last year i must admit that this year is alot harder in terms of the pace and energy in the games..... or that might just be that im getting lazy.

Take it easy buddy, hope the collar bone recovers quickly and you are back playing asap.

Guest Jimmyruff

Mr ruffin, hows your colar bone? I heard about your accident, wish you all the best mate. I noticed on the duchy forum bit you put you are considering retiring........ i hope this isnt the case, watching you vs st mawgan was like watching a young roberto carlos although in the pub after im sure i said it was closer to Julian Dicks haha (only joking buddy)

I have to disagree with you on the standard issue, having played alongside you last year i must admit that this year is alot harder in terms of the pace and energy in the games..... or that might just be that im getting lazy.

Take it easy buddy, hope the collar bone recovers quickly and you are back playing asap.

YOUNG roberto carlos i think not mate......and to quote the lady looking at my xray at hospital today......'its a bit of a mess!!' may need summat done to it this time. Therefore i may invest in some darts, beers and pies!!! Plus watching the mighty lanreath of course....!!!!

Cheers Lee :smiley20:

Ruffs how did u do it? bad tackle or did u fall awkwardly, either way it sucks really. Did they say how long it will take to fix?? I take it they cant put a cast on a collarbone!

Hope to see you soon buddy, if not playing then up at the raleigh having a beer watching the teams! Catch you later, take it easy :smiley20:

Firstly Lanreath 2nd team picks itself with the likes Of Jodie, Marshy and Scotty Luscombe and Dan Collings easily being good enough for the first team, but they are either overlooked or not interested in 1st team politics which quite frankly i don't blame them.

Lanreath has gone backwards this season and its sad cos there r some very good players at that club, but two of the ones making jump from 2nd team to 1st team were not even the best players in the reserves so that makes no sense and there is a rift between 1st and 2 team they do not co exist or do anything together.

I will however say that Blakey does have some good ideas, and that he can run a decent training session takes a bit more experience and guile to succeed at the ECPL level

I personally dont think there is any bad blood between 1sts and 2nds, anyone who disagrees should attend our training and see that both teams including both managers participate together in training. There are no seperate sessions for 1sts and 2nds and every player gets on with each other.

:clapper: :smiley20:

Guest Flintstone

The problem with 1st and 2nd team trying to work together is that 1st team is in 'senior' football and 2nd team is in 'junior' football. Most will understand that this has nothing to do with age.

Player from 2nd team may try for 1st team and find he gets on as sub a couple of times to start with, then gets fed up not getting a game and decides he would rather play every week.

2nd team can also 'help' 1st team if they are short of players, but can't be helped in the same way by the 1st team, so it is a very 'one way ticket'. Once a player has played 5 'senior' games in the season or previous season, he cannot play 'junior' football without 'reinstating' at a cost of £6. And can only do it twice in one season.

We would like to think it is all about just providing a game of football, but it is a bit more complicated than that.

There is course the matter of characters, it would be a dull world if we all got on equally well with each other!

A player may get on well with the 2nd team manager and players but might find he feels the 1st team manager is a bit of an 'arse' and the players a bit 'up themselves' so he decides to stick with the 2nds or move to another club?

There may not be any bad blood but they certainly dont have a pint together after training.

Half the people that train (including both 1st and 2nd teamers) come from plymouth so after training till 9pm they just want to get home. Personally i regularly meet up with the second team captain for a beer and chat and get on extremely well and i could say the same for a vast amount of the second team.

• 1 month later...