Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 22/11 results

WENDRON 2 - 14 CULDROSE STAR

CRACKING RESULT FOR THE BOYS AT WINDY WENDRON

GOALSCORES: J MOONEY 7 NEIL RUDKIN 4 NICK WEBBER 1 F LOVELOCK 1 B DAGGER 1

WELL DONE TO WENDRON GOOD LUCK FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON BOYS

Crowntown 5 Shortlanesend 1

At last, Crowntown look like putting a side together that can compete on Sunday mornings.

Shortlanesend took the lead with a cracking goal from Gareth Bones.

Jules Woodman equalised from the penalty spot. This was the score at half time. Crowntown played against a strong wind and so the fact that the play was so even didn't bode well for Shortlanesend in the second half.

So it proved. Will Bain scored after a couple of minutes followed by a second from him, a goal from Darren Drew and a fine run from defence, with a decisive finish, from Greg Stephens.

Shortlanesend had a few chances in the second half but were stuck in their own half for long periods.

A much better performance from Crowntown.

Next week's game against Mpad should be "interesting".

Simon Perry was taken by ambulance to hospital after 12 minutes of the game. His kneecap had shifted round the side. Very painful. Latest reports are that he's O.K and that it shouldn't be too serious.

Guest WendronSun

Well, what do I say, where do I start?!?!

A good Culdrose side met a Wendron side that never really left the changing rooms. Well done to Star, they created a lot of chances, on a rather windswept pitch, which was perfectly playable.. Wendron lacked bite, but when we played our game we created chances, the only problem is that we didn't play our game for very long.

A big thank you to Chris, who played his last game for us today, he has been a rock at the back and we will miss him, good luck Mr Lawrence with the training and we will be behind you for the fight in May..

If there are any mature players, who fancy joining a club, with some very talented youngsters, then please message me retanna.house@btinternet.com

Good luck to Culdrose for the rest of the season, we look forward to reversing the result next time we meet :c:

Newquay Central 2 - Carlyon Arms 4. Now 27 games (23 wins 4 draws) since the Carlyon Arms lost a league fixture.

That result is closer than i would have expected! What happened were you short or just not quite on top form?

Thats a commendable run your on.....Blaise Park could be the day to change that? lol!

Cant wait for that match...should be a cracker!

Ryan, Newquay played well and credit to them for that, like you guys at St Blazey we want tough games as opposed to these cricket score matches we've been having. You've probably played Newquay as many times as I have over the years and know that they've always had decent players, they just struggle to get them playing as a unit. We were missing our top goal scorer but we have goal scorers all over the pitch. I was playing at the back which may explain us struggling! We went 1-0 up with the wind, they bombarded us in second half, equalised but didn't capitalise. We then struck 3 in about 10 minutes which effectively killed them off. 27 league games unbeaten is pretty impressive, not sure Queens Head or the mighty Safe Harbour achieved that. We got you guys in the cup just before Xmas, I suspect the league game will be pushed back to "Judgement Sunday".

I know what your saying about Newquay, they do have some decent players but dont click! As for your record, i'm not sure what sort of run we went on at Safe Harbour to be honest but i do know we went four seasons unbeaten at home! Likewise i dont know about Queens Head, in the games I played for them we never lost a match and i would say are the best sunday side i have ever played for. Your record is certainly impressive but i feel that the sunday league standard has dropped considerably. Lets face it theres only 2 maybe 3 teams who are any good now!

Look forward to that cup game before xmas mate and perhaps the sky cameras will be there for judgement sunday..lol!

Hats off to Crowntown on Sunday, fully deserved your win against us.

The less said about our performance the better, but take nothing away from Crowntown, who apparently had a few players back on Sunday - you could have waited for this weekend!

We've got three or four key players out at the moment and it really showed on Sunday - tough times!!

Also, best wishes to the lad who got injured early on. Here's to a speedy recovery :thumbsup:

Queens Head were probably the best Sunday side of the last 10 years but to put it frankly they cheated! They broke rules on senior players and re-instatements (I know you were not one of those players concerned), submitted incorrect team sheets deliberately and were generally underhand every step of the way. Queens Head were stripped of the league title which was then awarded to us some 4 seasons ago but they refused to hand back the trophies!

Safe Harbour were a real decent side, great players who were never big headed, probably why Sandy and Safe Harbour always got on, pitch was a mare but the food back at the pub was worth an 8-0 drubbing!

Queens Head were probably the best Sunday side of the last 10 years but to put it frankly they cheated! They broke rules on senior players and re-instatements (I know you were not one of those players concerned), submitted incorrect team sheets deliberately and were generally underhand every step of the way. Queens Head were stripped of the league title which was then awarded to us some 4 seasons ago but they refused to hand back the trophies!

Safe Harbour were a real decent side, great players who were never big headed, probably why Sandy and Safe Harbour always got on, pitch was a mare but the food back at the pub was worth an 8-0 drubbing!

Not quite the truth but a nice slur none the less, Queens Head were never stripped of any title and were given the trophies by the chap that bought them and said on no account were they to be returned to the league after he took his name and money from the Sunday League who he said and I quote ' are an absolute shambles', the CCFA were asked by the Sunday League to get the trophies back and once again were told that he owned the trophies and would do exactly as he pleases with them, to which they replied he was totally within his rights. FACT!

As for changing team sheets etc, Queens Head were bought in front of the committee and the CCFA on these allegations and found blameless, in fact the Queens Head were never given a reason why they were removed from the league, would be interested to hear the leagues take on that......

I don't know where people got the idea that Queens Head cheated. The great team that we had, which i thoroughly enjoyed playing with were all playing for Junior sides not Senior at the time so i'm baffled by it all!

In fact they were virtually all the St Dennis junior side at the time and then lonely old me from Tywardreath RBL!

How does that point to cheating? We were a great side and i guess our superiority over teams got their backs up! I was gutted when we got removed from the league, I would have still been there playing otherwise. But i'm loving being part of the St Blazey set-up....good facilities, good grub and a good footballing side!

St Blazey & Carlyon Arms are definitely the big two now!

My mistake, there were quite clearly two teams called Queens Head. One that played in the spirit of the Corinthians and were only visible to themselves. The other Queens Head were visible to every other team in the league and quite clearly didn't understand what Sunday football is all about. Queens Head were all about winning at all cost, given half a chance they would have entered an under 15's competition to get their hands on a trophy. If they were winning it was all smiles, look at us p*****g all over you, if they were losing the referee would have his parentage called into question. The Sunday League may have not been able to get hard evidence against them but it doesn't mean they weren't guilty.

I think thats a bit harsh on Queens Head mate. Like any other team i have played for including Carlyon Arms, the team were competitive and of course would want to win at all costs, but from what i could see this was done legitimately. I'm not saying Queens Head never got onto the ref when things weren't going well but name me a team that doesn't do that.

The fact that no hard evidence was found surely draws a line under the matter and a NOT GUILTY verdict. As i've already said, i can account for every player in the team being a Junior representative at the time, so there was no case to answer. I know some of the lads like Lee Rickard had payed Senior but they dropped back to Junior to represent their local team...in this case St Dennis. The fact that all of them were more than capable to play Senior is perhaps the issue here. As you know they are top of the East Cornwall Div 1 league currently and that is no surprise to me, excellent footballers to a man.

Anyway mate, lets not look back on that in anger. That is a chapter that has gone and everyone has an opinion on the matter! I hope these sort of comments won't be made about St Blazey. I have respect for every opponent including Carlyon Arms and have always congratulated you on your successes and the football you play, lets stay focused on that!

Ryan, I would never question your integrity as a player that's for certain. I've played with you and against you for god knows how many years and I've nothing but good things to say about you. Maybe every other team in the league + the powers that be got it wrong about Queens Head and that you guys were simply misunderstood!

Thanks for that Dave...the feeling is mutual mate, i just love playing football and i know how passionate you are about Carlyon Arms. There isn't enough honesty around nowadays like there use to be thats for sure!

I'll be hoping that my shooting radar is on for the next meeting, so look out!

• 2 weeks later...

Is the rules still 1 senior player per team? Thats why i couldnt play last couple seasons, thinking bout coming back next season maybe, coz when i was playing it was us and Queens Head that was the dominant forces in the league

My understanding is only 1 senior player can be used per match. A senior player can play 5 matches then he will need to be re-instated if he wishes to play another 5. At the Cornwall Sunday league AGM Luxulyan proposed that the senior player rule be extended but I believe it was defeated by 1 vote. Blue Anchor fell foul of the rule 2 seasons ago and used a player (Steve Harris I think) who had played over the allotted games (forgive me if it wasn't Steve) and/or the paper work was amiss. They were stripped of many points won. It's a tricky one to be honest, we at the Carlyon Arms argue that by keeping the league to purely junior status players we don't have a repeat of seasons past where teams have either deliberately or by error played ineligible players. This has resulted in the league almost being decided by a points awarded / points discounted scenario. The big issue for the solely junior status sides is that what are these teams trying to prove by fielding heavily influenced senior status teams? It was akin to one of the Premiership big 4 having a team entering League 2 just so they could win a trophy! Half of the junior teams were rag tag at best so where is the glory in that? That be said and we've found it out the last couple of seasons when you start becoming successful the other teams resent it. The Carlyon Arms have been going since 1993 and we won the league for the first time last season and are currently well ahead this year albeit played more games. We've contested 5 of the last 6 Shield / Knock Out Cup finals. We've done this as a purely junior status club based around 4-5 players who have been with the team for years and youngsters who also play for the manager on Saturday. It's taken nearly 17 years and a lot of drubbings to get where we are now yet our success is not lauded and our defeats are relished. The stupid thing is the other clubs in the league want to be where we are!

Is the rules still 1 senior player per team? Thats why i couldnt play last couple seasons, thinking bout coming back next season maybe, coz when i was playing it was us and Queens Head that was the dominant forces in the league

Who did you play for Meats? Cos I use to play for Queens Head and we had a great side. I'm currently playing for St Blazey and have high hopes with this team!

Who did you play for Meats? Cos I use to play for Queens Head and we had a great side. I'm currently playing for St Blazey and have high hopes with this team!

I played for Blue Anchor at centre half, Im the captain on ECPL div 1 side St Columb Major, do you play 2nd team? i liked playing sunday league it was highly enjoyable and dare i say it, better than saturdays!

I played for Blue Anchor at centre half, Im the captain on ECPL div 1 side St Columb Major, do you play 2nd team? i liked playing sunday league it was highly enjoyable and dare i say it, better than saturdays!

I'm skipper for Tywardreath RBL in Duchy One, i play for St Blazey sunday side only!

The sunday league standard is pretty shit these days mate.....i prefer saturdays but i enjoy the banter on a sunday and a chance to sweat out the beer!