Cornwall Football Forum

Mining 1 Result

Not a great footballing game for the purist but a great battle non the less. Goonhavern took the lead very early in the 1st half but we equalised within 5 minutes & then went in front 2-1. But Goon came back into it to make it 2-2 at h/t.

Never seen the ref before & hope we dont get him again thats all I'm gonna say about him.

Second half under way & Goon score another early goal-a ringer dragged in from Newquay-but a decent finish. We huffed & puffed & had numerous corners & efforts on goal but Goon stood firm , then the turning point, keeper spills an effort on goal & is challenged on the follow up & gets injured, Illogan player booked.

J Bucks then hits one fron 25yds giving the stand in keeper no chance to even things out. Now our tails were up & pressed for the winner & after some good work Ian C found himself with time in the box to control a cross & finish in style. Final result a fair one at the end of the day but I think Bertie may have a different view.

Oh......I could have gone shopping...... :(

Not a great footballing game for the purist but a great battle non the less. Goonhavern took the lead very early in the 1st half but we equalised within 5 minutes & then went in front 2-1. But Goon came back into it to make it 2-2 at h/t.

Never seen the ref before & hope we dont get him again thats all I'm gonna say about him.

Second half under way & Goon score another early goal-a ringer dragged in from Newquay-but a decent finish. We huffed & puffed & had numerous corners & efforts on goal but Goon stood firm , then the turning point, keeper spills an effort on goal & is challenged on the follow up & gets injured, Illogan player booked.

J Bucks then hits one fron 25yds giving the stand in keeper no chance to even things out. Now our tails were up & pressed for the winner & after some good work Ian C found himself with time in the box to control a cross & finish in style. Final result a fair one at the end of the day but I think Bertie may have a different view.

Thanks Baggie...but wasn't even at the game....playing in a blood & thunder game against local rivals Perranporth....unfortunately or fortunately (depending which way u see it)....I've dropped down to the 2nds!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks Baggie...but wasn't even at the game....playing in a blood & thunder game against local rivals Perranporth....unfortunately or fortunately (depending which way u see it)....I've dropped down to the 2nds!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hopefully fortunate to be with us mate. better laugh.

a ringer from newquay ? which 1 baggie , the small chap up front ? think it was 6 looked handy , my first time over your way , pitch looked good after all the rain , managed to get out of shopping and come and watch that cultured left peg of yours in action ............another time maybe :rolleyes:

Guest BLATCHY

The ringer from Newquay would of been PAUL ROBERTSON he signed on for goonhavern at the start of the season as cover. They didn't have a game yesterday :clapper:

Pot,Kettle,Black