Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 14/11/09

FHFL 3

Hayle IV 1 Carharrack Res 2

On a stormy weekend Hayle played hosts to Carharrack Reserves in this Falmouth Helston Division Three match. Despite the torrential rain throughout the week with many games called off, the Hayle pitch was in excellent condition. Carharrack took the game to Hayle from the start and were unlucky not to have taken an early lead, when Matt Montgomery held his head in his hands after blasting wide his shot in front of an open goal. There were plenty of opportunities for both sides throughout the half with each goalkeeper making superb saves respectively. It was Carharrack who took the lead just before half time when a long ball played down the middle was collected by midfield Stuart Smeeth who drilled home a right footed shot. After the interval Hayle fought back and a shot inside the box was cleared off the line by the Carharrack defence and out to safety. On the 68th, a Hayle defender clearly held out his hand, handballing the ball inside the area. Much to the disbelief of the visiting crowd no penalty was given by the match official and a lucky escape for the defender who clearly could not believe his luck. However, his smile was shortly wiped off his face when minutes after the incident the Carharrack attack controlled the ball at the edge of the box and took a shot a goal. A terrible fumble by the home keeper gifted Montgomery with a easy chance and he thundered the ball into the net, redeeming his early misses. Each side battled for the ball till the end and on the 85th minute, Hayle took advantage of a lack of concentration by the Carharrack defence by converting a well placed cross into the goal. The final whistle blown, each side can be proud of their performances but overall Carharrack had the edge.

After the match Carharrack manager Jamie Chown said "It was a fantastic display by my boys and now we have to work on what we achieved today and get a result in our next game against Wendron next week."

Falmouth Helston League Division 3!

Hayle 4ths V Carharrack Res.

To be honest i was totally shocked this game was on, and was looking foward to seeing what state the pitch would be in. To my and my teams suprise the pitch was green near dry and looking great! well done hayle for doing a great job on the pitch!

Anyway to the game!

Carharrack had started bright but hayle also had a bright start! The game was end to end in the first half with chances goin to each team. Carharrack missed 3 one on ones and also the miss of the season from 1 yard went astray, in between chances hayle also created a few one on ones and a headed chance. But both keepers did such a great job of keeping there sides in it, the scoreline still remained 0-0. Until the 42 minute when the ball bounced loose inside the 18 yard box, and stu smeeth smashed home the ball leavin the keeper with no chance!

Halftime 0-1

The 2nd half was much carharrack's in my view with us keeping the ball well and created a few more chances with the hayle keeper keeping up his outstanding game pulling of some real crackers. With around 20 minutes remaining Carharrack got the 2nd with matt montgomery slotting past the keeper inside the 18 yard box to put the red army 2-0 up.

Hayle now pushed foward and the game was spread but it was a case of to little to late when a defensive error let in hayle to pull a goal back very late into the game 85 minutes. But carharrack played well and some classic football. A young team is now showing there wise heads and geling together.

Final score hayle 4ths 1 - 2 Carharrack res.

I would like to thank hayle for the food after the game and for the great effort to have a pitch in such top standard before the game after the weather, it also looked good after so well done.

This result pushes the red army up to 5th in the league!!

Hayle MOTM = THERE KEEPER!

Carharrack MOTM = ADAM BURROWS (KEEPER)

A great game for grassroots football!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::smiley20: :yahoo:

Yeah he had a good game our other forward matt montomery was having an off day although managed to tuck in a pull back from yours truley, another day he could of had more. The home linesman got a few decisions wrong but all in all a well earned victory.